Bears interested in Kareem Hunt?

malagabears

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Kareem Hunt was an idiot [crime]

He is going to be suspended and lose millions [punishment]

He then deserves a chance to re-start his life and career [rehabilitation]

This is very simple and the Bears should look into signing him once he has completed his punishment.

That's the rub: is it a crime if no charges have been filed AND the police spoke to both parties and decided not to pursue?

7 minutes ago, G08 said:

That's the rub: is it a crime if no charges have been filed AND the police spoke to both parties and decided not to pursue?

Not really, just a poor choice that put him in a bad light until he repairs his image. 

Guilt is rarely a major issue people have a hard time with, an individual's  perception is almost always the part they get hung up on.

"Guilty until proven innocent, or until I choose to say you are."

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think due to that it won't just be Hunt we show interest in...even without a huge budget I expect us to be very aggressive this offseason because Pace understands he is in the Trubisky window as well...can't keep everyone when we have to pay him.

I think it's premature to say we're in any kind of "Trubisky window". He hasn't done enough for the Bears to be planning around a long-term, high dollar extension.

5 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

I think it's premature to say we're in any kind of "Trubisky window". He hasn't done enough for the Bears to be planning around a long-term, high dollar extension.

He is either getting extended, or we are going back to the drawing board. 

Either way we are in the Trubisky window.

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Did he explain why? 

He didn't think of the PC positively like we all did. He said just because it was brought up doesn't mean he's coming here and not one thing that either said hinted at it. He said no one knows how long the suspension truly will be and he would bet it's much longer than 6 games. He brought up how players lying to the front office and owners is unforgivable. He said the McCaskey's will have to approve and he called that doubtful.

Fans think about these things from their perspective which is all about football. It's easy to say "He can act remorseful and if he messes up again you simply cut him." But there's a piece of the fanbase that may be alienated by this move, there's the PR nightmare you have to go through, the backlash from sponsors, etc.

He's extremely talented but I don't see this happening. More likely the Bears try to draft a RB in the middle rounds and there should still be some quality backs in that range.

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

Fans think about these things from their perspective which is all about football. It's easy to say "He can act remorseful and if he messes up again you simply cut him." But there's a piece of the fanbase that may be alienated by this move, there's the PR nightmare you have to go through, the backlash from sponsors, etc.

He's extremely talented but I don't see this happening. More likely the Bears try to draft a RB in the middle rounds and there should still be some quality backs in that range.

That is all over stated.

The Bears brought in Marshall and McDonald. Hurd and Tank Johnson we’re arrested and jailed while on the team. Ricky Manning Jr punched out a stripper the night he signed with the Bears. Halas Hall still stands and Soldier still sells out.

There will be a couple of days of bad press and people will move on.

The Cubs are not going to notice any actaul impact of Addison Russell being a total scumbag.

11 hours ago, G08 said:

It was a crime. The same way if a tree falls in the woods it does still make a sound.

But in the case of my post I was just trying to showcase the process that anyone who does something stupid does through.

7 hours ago, WindyCity said:

That is all over stated.

The Bears brought in Marshall and McDonald. Hurd and Tank Johnson we’re arrested and jailed while on the team. Ricky Manning Jr punched out a stripper the night he signed with the Bears. Halas Hall still stands and Soldier still sells out.

There will be a couple of days of bad press and people will move on.

The Cubs are not going to notice any actaul impact of Addison Russell being a total scumbag.

Dusty Dvoracek beat a woman in college too, IIRC.

33 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Dusty Dvoracek beat a woman in college too, IIRC.

As did Joe Mixon and Tyreek Hill.  What Mixon did was extremely appalling compared to what Hunt did and was more on the level of Ray Rice and yet he's employed by the NFL and Bengals fans for the most part don't seem to have an issue with him.

I think Hunt getting cut actually had more to do with him not being truthful to the Chiefs front office about what happened rather than the incident itself.  If he had been truthful from the start chances are he'd still be a part of the Chiefs roster.  I get he was probably scared about being upfront about the whole situation and made a mistake not only with what happened that night but coming forward and being honest about it.

He will get a second chance.

People already don't care about Joe Mixon's incident, or Tyreek Hill's... And I'm pretty sure Parkey could have beaten 5 girls within an inch of their lives if he was making 100% of his kicks inside 60 yards and we where in the nfc:c game... The negative press argument is overblown, particularly when the player is actually performing. 

That being said, it's still Virginia's team, and she deleted the Bears cheerleaders because she thought it was offensive to women... I don't see any way she signs off on a guy with multiple dv incidents, that them lies to his team about them. She will care way more than the public at large would. All Hunt would have to do to silence media and fans is put up 100+ yards and at least one TD per game and everyone would love him, just like Tyreek Hill gets nothing but praise now. 

19 minutes ago, Epyon said:

People already don't care about Joe Mixon's incident, or Tyreek Hill's... And I'm pretty sure Parkey could have beaten 5 girls within an inch of their lives if he was making 100% of his kicks inside 60 yards and we where in the nfc:c game... The negative press argument is overblown, particularly when the player is actually performing. 

That being said, it's still Virginia's team, and she deleted the Bears cheerleaders because she thought it was offensive to women... I don't see any way she signs off on a guy with multiple dv incidents, that them lies to his team about them. She will care way more than the public at large would. All Hunt would have to do to silence media and fans is put up 100+ yards and at least one TD per game and everyone would love him, just like Tyreek Hill gets nothing but praise now. 

Hunt isn't a guy with multiple DV incidents though.  This was not a DV incident as Hunt and the woman had no prior relationship before the night of this incident.  This was a one off situation that escalated based on apparent racial comments made and what not.

As for the other incidents that the NFL is said to be looking into regarding Hunt , one was an night club brawl involving men only and the other was a hotel incident where a man is accusing Hunt of punching him, and these situations are really one person's word against another.  

I will say though that it appears  Hunt has an issue with anger management and knowing how to defuse a situation with means other than force, so he better work on improving that if he's ever going to get another shot in the NFL.

Archived