Bears interested in Kareem Hunt?

malagabears

6 hours ago, G08 said:

You realize the "victim" shoved that individual and he went pinballing off Hunt and back into her, right?

I thought the victim was the gal in the blue dress? Looked like someone (Hunt?) pushed the one guy in the back and when he went over he steamrolled the gal in blue.

Maybe it makes better sense with a sound narrative to explain who is who during the scene.

16 hours ago, 51to54 said:

Hadn't seen the whole video, just the start which I assumed was most of the video.  He even took out one of his own with a mis-named friendly fire push to the back that seemed to have caused the biggest hit on the victim.

Hunt shouldn't be playing in the NFL next season. He should be playing for the Allenville State Penitentiary Mean Machine along with (Reynolds or Sandler) Crewe.

I believe in giving folks a change to earn their living once they've paid their dues and in this case the dues should last one or more NFL seasons worth of time before the NFL even gets involved with their own suspensions.

You're joking right? The police viewed the video and interviewed the parties involved, and the prosecutorial authority decided not to pursue charges.  Had they, it would have been a misdemeanor assault, and he likely would have just got a fine and maybe some community service.  He doesnt deserve jail time, or a year long suspension.  He has already served 5 games in essence, and will probably get 5 more.  That's plenty of punishment for an incident that in not sure 75% of the population would react differently.  Let's review what actually happened that we can actually see on tape.  Hunt is all smiles telling the young "lady" that she has to go.  It seems like a cordial parting.  Then this "lady" comes up and starts screaming into his face.  The confrontation takes a turn.  Hunt face palms her, she slaps him, he pushes her, his boys intervene, he pushes his boy into her, she falls down, he reaches his foot towards her (it's not a kick folks). He is restrained.  Now we dont know what she said, bc there is no audio, we have heard what has been claimed, but we can tell at the very least from body language that it wasnt niceties. 

To me this all about learning a lesson that unfortunately many young men have to learn for themselves.  You lie down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.  Clearly this was not a lady, but a ratchet head.  And for God sakes, no man should ever lay his hands on a woman, but women shouldnt be coming up to men like they can treat them however they want with impunity either.  This is such a societal and cultural problem right now.

34 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You're joking right? The police viewed the video and interviewed the parties involved, and the prosecutorial authority decided not to pursue charges.  Had they, it would have been a misdemeanor assault, and he likely would have just got a fine and maybe some community service.  He doesnt deserve jail time, or a year long suspension.  He has already served 5 games in essence, and will probably get 5 more.  That's plenty of punishment for an incident that in not sure 75% of the population would react differently.  Let's review what actually happened that we can actually see on tape.  Hunt is all smiles telling the young "lady" that she has to go.  It seems like a cordial parting.  Then this "lady" comes up and starts screaming into his face.  The confrontation takes a turn.  Hunt face palms her, she slaps him, he pushes her, his boys intervene, he pushes his boy into her, she falls down, he reaches his foot towards her (it's not a kick folks). He is restrained.  Now we dont know what she said, bc there is no audio, we have heard what has been claimed, but we can tell at the very least from body language that it wasnt niceties. 

To me this all about learning a lesson that unfortunately many young men have to learn for themselves.  You lie down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.  Clearly this was not a lady, but a ratchet head.  And for God sakes, no man should ever lay his hands on a woman, but women shouldnt be coming up to men like they can treat them however they want with impunity either.  This is such a societal and cultural problem right now.

So even you admit he initiates the physical contact by giving her a hard shove when her hands are at her side. The after a bit more ruckus, Hunt shoves the other guy so hard he slams the gal into the wall and then the guy stays down on his knees for several seconds trying to shake it off. Meanwhile, the gal stands up and then wobbles and goes to the floor in a deep crouch and then Hunt comes up and while not trying a 50 yard field goal clearly kicks her which causes her to topple over to the floor.  "Reaches his foot towards her" reminds me of the old "he punched my fist with his face" defense.

I agree that if a gal starts a physical conflict with a guy he has every right to defend himself which is what I thought was going on when I first heard of the incident and saw a few seconds of video, but Hunt initiated the contact in the video and then pushed two people down and then while the gal was down and then kicked her off her crouch onto the floor after she was clearly defenseless.

I'm done with this issue as I don't want a guy with so many "where there's smoke there's fire" incidents around him and I do agree with you that there is indeed a "societal and cultural problem" right now, but probably not he one you seem to be defending.

2 hours ago, 51to54 said:

So even you admit he initiates the physical contact by giving her a hard shove when her hands are at her side. The after a bit more ruckus, Hunt shoves the other guy so hard he slams the gal into the wall and then the guy stays down on his knees for several seconds trying to shake it off. Meanwhile, the gal stands up and then wobbles and goes to the floor in a deep crouch and then Hunt comes up and while not trying a 50 yard field goal clearly kicks her which causes her to topple over to the floor.  "Reaches his foot towards her" reminds me of the old "he punched my fist with his face" defense.

I agree that if a gal starts a physical conflict with a guy he has every right to defend himself which is what I thought was going on when I first heard of the incident and saw a few seconds of video, but Hunt initiated the contact in the video and then pushed two people down and then while the gal was down and then kicked her off her crouch onto the floor after she was clearly defenseless.

I'm done with this issue as I don't want a guy with so many "where there's smoke there's fire" incidents around him and I do agree with you that there is indeed a "societal and cultural problem" right now, but probably not he one you seem to be defending.

Saying she had her hands at her sides us definitely not the truth, she had her finger in his face going off on him.  Let me make one thing clear, I am in no way shape or form defending Hunts actions. They are reprehensible and indefensible in my eyes.  I'm also not going to crucify somebody for a "both parties were clearly in the wrong" situation either.  I have already said previously what Hunt should have done was walk down to the lobby, and asked Hotel Security to remove the 2 women from the premises.  His boys needed to a better job of protecting him and not let him become part of the situation in any way shape or form.  Hunt is liable for his actions, hundreds of thousands of dollars to millions lost seems like more than a reasonable penalty.  No he doesnt deserve jail, anymore than 22 year old you deserved jail for the stupid stuff you did.  As I said we have severe cultural problem that nobody wants to talk about and that is the violence of both men AND women toward each other and the repercussions or lack thereof.  If you are a young professional man, dont mess around with ratchet heads.  Women if you dont want to be a ratchet head dont act like one.  Be a young woman.  Demand respect and offer it in return.  That is really what this all boils down to.

On 1/18/2019 at 11:00 PM, BearDownTexas said:

Honestly, it's not that bad to me. Was it stupid and wrong? Yes!! Would I suspend him a whole season? Seriously???? No, I personally would give him 2 games. If this were his body guard would you react any differently? If this were a cop? A random dude? Don't get me wrong I'm in no way condoning violence against women, but he pushed her. The "kick" was barely a kick and more degrading than anything. I don't get why everyone is trying to appease the social justice warriors. Are they watching games and buying jerseys? Sorry, I just think people are overreacting. There are cases of guys threatening lives. This wasn't even close to ray rice level. 

My take is I believe in equality for all, that means gender, race, sexual orientation, etc. You don't get to slap someone, chase after them after they leave and you're yelling things and then you shove someone into them and act like you're some innocent victim because of your gender. To me, that is BS. 

If that woman was a male of the same height, weight and strength this would be a non-story. If she was a guy and one of my buddies I'd ask him why he was trying to get in the face of someone who literally could kill him. 

3 hours ago, G08 said:

My take is I belive in quality for all, that means gender, race, sexual orientation, etc. You don't get to slap someone, chase after them after they leave and you're yelling things and then you shove someone into them and act like you're some innocent victim because of your gender. To me, that is BS. 

If that woman was a male of the same height, weight and strength this would be a non-story. If she was a guy and one of my buddies I'd ask him why he was trying to get in the face of someone who literally could kill him. 

Yeah, I'm not defending him either. Just saying this is not something we need to hang this kid for. Basically there were a ton of bad decisions from a few different people here

Archived