Jump to content
WizardHawk

Gearing up for next season

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Crawford needs to be cut in 2016. Is it still to late to cut Crawford in 2016?

 

 

"Oh but DaBoys! His leadership!"

Stfu. These are grown *** men. And they play defense. Defensive line in fact. They don't need a hype man for 10 million when you can't pay Dez 8.

giphy.gif

I mean, the team doesn't need Crawford and should have cut him in 2016 so I'm tempted to agree with you but the time was right to rip the Dez bandaid off- just needed a better plan to replace him.

 

Def pay cut or cut outright all four players. Get that cap north of $75-80 mil, lock up key players now, and chase a couple low tier 1/high tier 2 free agents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

$10.1M cap hit for Crawford and his leadership....

 

But we saved 8 to cut Dez, .......

and it will totes help Dak to not have a number 1.... 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/25/dak-prescott-i-dont-know-if-any-team-in-league-necessarily-needs-a-no-1-wr/

Dak Prescott: I don’t know if any team in league necessarily needs a No. 1 WR

-Charean Williams

Dez Bryant produced three 1,000-yard seasons in his eight seasons in Dallas. He has caught 531 passes for 7,459 yards and 73 touchdowns in his career.

His departure leaves the Cowboys without a true No. 1 receiver.

That suits quarterback Dak Prescott just fine.

“I don’t know if any team in the league necessarily needs a No. 1 receiver,” Prescott said. “It’s about getting the ball out, spreading the ball around, keeping the defense on its toes.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Truly amazes me how you manage to turn a conversation about Tyrone Crawford into Dak. You must really love the guy, huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Truly amazes me how you manage to turn a conversation about Tyrone Crawford into Dak. You must really love the guy, huh?

He's my boo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we try and work something out for Crawford to return. Leadership IS important, and maybe it is less so important for d-linemen, but he is very valuable. His familiarity and ability to play multiple roles is very valuable.

With that said, he is getting too much money. But there is likely a middle ground that should at least be approached, for it could help both parties.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cutting Dez was wrong, and dumb. Getting Amari, luckily, saved the day on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dak deserves opportunity. He is not the best young QB in the league but he has potential to enter the top 10, and he has intangibles that can push his ranking higher when adjusting for those.

Again, he is overwhelmingly and unfairly over-criticized and people seem to have a visceral dislike for him, as a player. 

Usually, his critics seem to constantly move the goal posts and expect more from him than any other QB in the league.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What type of value do you think you could get for Taco in a trade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JWingate said:

What type of value do you think you could get for Taco in a trade?

His namesake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ace5 said:

His namesake.

Are we talking Torchy's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said...Lee and Crawford can take a pay cut to stay on this team. 

Taco? Maybe a 4th round pick. 

Here is an interesting tidbit. LA Collins is on his last year of his contract. Releasing him would free up 8.5 million in cap space with 1.4 million in dead money. But that also means getting a serviceable RT in the draft or FA for cheap. 

https://insidethestar.com/will-cowboys-ot-lael-collins-be-a-2019-salary-cap-casualty/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, J Shank said:

I think we try and work something out for Crawford to return. Leadership IS important, and maybe it is less so important for d-linemen, but he is very valuable. His familiarity and ability to play multiple roles is very valuable.

With that said, he is getting too much money. But there is likely a middle ground that should at least be approached, for it could help both parties.

 

If he comes back, it has to be at a lower salary. His production doesn’t come close to matching his salary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, D82 said:

Are we talking Torchy's?

That looks pretty high quality. I suppose we could aim for that. T-mobile and taco bell really lowered Taco's value with that super bowl ad though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We probably don't save the full $10.1M by cutting him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, atran35 said:

Like I said...Lee and Crawford can take a pay cut to stay on this team. 

Taco? Maybe a 4th round pick. 

Here is an interesting tidbit. LA Collins is on his last year of his contract. Releasing him would free up 8.5 million in cap space with 1.4 million in dead money. But that also means getting a serviceable RT in the draft or FA for cheap. 

https://insidethestar.com/will-cowboys-ot-lael-collins-be-a-2019-salary-cap-casualty/

That's risky. While Collins isn't elite, I don't know if we'll be able to improve upon him in 2019. Especially as a run blocker. With JG coaching for his life I doubt we make a change to either of the OT positions. Another thing to consider is teams are more and more lining up their best edge rusher on the strong side. In a make or break season I just don't see us going cheap there.

Edited by DaBoys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×