πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

The Cowboys are very very good. Don't know what we're trying to get to.Β 

Their problem (or one of) in my opinion, is that since they love to feast on bad teams, pad their stats (they're called Dak stats for a reason), you see them having an absolute blast on the sideline, even on the huddle. Then come the good teams and they feel like they're owed something, get punched in the mouth, and then they spiral down.Β 

They're a good example of the clichΓ© of "don't get too high or too low.Β Β 

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

The Cowboys are very very good. Don't know what we're trying to get to.Β 

Their problem (or one of) in my opinion, is that since they love to feast on bad teams, pad their stats (they're called Dak stats for a reason), you see them having an absolute blast on the sideline, even on the huddle. Then come the good teams and they feel like they're owed something, get punched in the mouth, and then they spiral down.Β 

They're a good example of the clichΓ© of "don't get too high or too low.Β Β 

Can you call a team very very good if they lose to every good team they play and then some? I'd call that above average at best.Β 

They're good in the sense that they are definitively better than the 17 teams in the NFL that are .500 or worse bc you can't be a bad team if you stack up wins regardless of who you play.Β  Should they be considered among the elite teams like the Chiefs, Eagles, 49ers, Ravens? No.Β  Each of those teams have proven they can beat other playoff caliber teams.Β  Dallas has not.

We are in the same spot with the Cowboys we are in every single season. But I’m sure this year is differentβ€¦β€¦πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Saying the Cowboys are good bc they beat team A or B by more points than the Eagles makes them good isn't outlandish? K.

Go back and show me where anyone said that. I’ve clarified the point over and over and you’re still missing it.Β 

35 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

We are in the same spot with the Cowboys we are in every single season. But I’m sure this year is differentβ€¦β€¦πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£

Only one team from the NFC makes it to the SB every year. It’s not exactly bold to have the stance that a certain team isn’t going to make it. Doesn’t mean a team isn’t legit/ a strong team just because they don’t emerge as the outright best in their conference.Β 
Β 

As a Dallas fan I’d be worried about having to go play the Niners in San Fran. Any other team though? Meh. Philly? Meh.Β 
Β 

And if Dallas somehow gets a home field advantage..

Edited by NoFlyZone

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

Only one team from the NFC makes it to the SB every year. It’s not exactly bold to have the stance that a certain team isn’t going to make. Doesn’t mean a team isn’t legit/ a strong team just because they don’t emerge as the outright best in their conference.Β 
Β 

As a Dallas fan I’d be worried about having to go play the Niners in San Fran. Any other team though? Meh. Philly? Meh.Β 
Β 

And if Dallas somehow gets a home field advantage..

As you said, as a Dallas fan. That's not the best endorsement.Β 

1 hour ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Can you call a team very very good if they lose to every good team they play and then some? I'd call that above average at best.Β 

Biased, wishful thinking at its finest. You’re really letting one game against the Niners be your sole piece of evidence out of pure convenience. As if Dallas doesn’t have the talent and ability of other good teams. There is a reason why they have been an absolute wrecking ball even against the caliber of teams that Philly has looked ho-hum against (even as one of the better teams in the conference).

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

As you said, as a Dallas fan. That's not the best endorsement.Β 

In what way? I’m not trying to be biased. I’m trying to be reasonable and realistic. I’m not just going to assume the team is going to go all the way when that easily involves at least 3 very strong teams in the NFC right now.Β 

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

In what way? I’m not trying to be biased. I’m trying to be reasonable and realistic. I’m not just going to assume the team is going to go all the way when that easily involves at least 3 very strong teams in the NFC right now.Β 

You're not trying hard enough as you often go in Cowboys/Dak crusades in this forum and others.Β 

Having said that I do think the Cowboys are the strongest threat to the Eagles this year.Β 

• Like 1