πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Fat Mike calling pass plays instead of killing clock with 2 minutes almost cost them the game. God I wanted to see the aftermath/backlash had that occured.

Oh well.

I mean it basically did. Dallas won but that can't feel good for them. Winning because the opponent didn't report as eligible is probably one of the weakest ways to win. It's like winning an MMA match off of a technicality at the last second even though your opponent was in the midst of TKO'ing you lol

3 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I mean it basically did. Dallas won but that can't feel good for them. Winning because the opponent didn't report as eligible is probably one of the weakest ways to win. It's like winning an MMA match off of a technicality at the last second even though your opponent was in the midst of TKO'ing you lol

What's even worse is that it appears that he actually did report and the wrong player was announced as reporting eligible.Β  Dallas never had a right to complain about officiating ever with as much help as they get, but they might want to keep quiet for a bit after that call.

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

What's even worse is that it appears that he actually did report and the wrong player was announced as reporting eligible.Β  Dallas never had a right to complain about officiating ever with as much help as they get, but they might want to keep quiet for a bit after that call.

Between that and one of their TD drives against Seattle which was comprised of approximately 80% penalty yardage on like 10 separate calls, they need to sit down about the ref stuff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Also, Tyler Smith tore his plantar fascia last night which is a pretty hard thing to do considering how thick that tissue is. I'm not sure when he'll be back but I'd be pretty shocked if it's for their first playoff game, if at all.

You seem to have good knowledge of that tissue (?). Good imput, had not much understanding of what is is much less how thick it is, that input is always appreciated.Β 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

You seem to have good knowledge of that tissue (?). Good imput, had not much understanding of what is is much less how thick it is, that input is always appreciated.Β 

Yeah I work in sports medicine physical therapy. I treat all kinds of crazy sports stuff, as well as your neighbor Bob who just has low back pain lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

It’s more complicated than that. Dallas was screwed over by the official’s mistake as well. It likely never should have even come down to that. On the previous drive Dallas was called for a nonsensical 15 yard tripping call that put them way behind the chains after a strong Pollard to keep burning clock. That drive could have ended in 7, or at worst a FG with significantly more time burned off.

Refs made a mistake with getting the right player called eligible, but it would have been wrong for that to stand considering they called out the wrong guy as eligible. Dallas also got comically screwed over on the previous drive.

6 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Dallas would have been screwed over if that call stood given 70 was called eligible and not 68. Not to mention it never should have come down to that. On the previous drive Dallas was hit with a nonsensical 15 yard tripping penalty called against Hendershot when it was actually Hutchinson that stuck his leg out to try and trip Pollard. Hendershot didn’t do anything. Pollard picked up a nice gain, his team had a new set of downs.. and it was taken away due to nonsense. That penalty gave Detroit life.
Β 

You don’t have an unbiased assessment of the officiating Dallas has faced. You want to act like they get a lot of help from the refs.. but they’re one of the most penalized teams in the entire league. They might actually be the most penalized - it’s close.Β 

18 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Remember all of the clowning you all gave Dallas for sleep walking against Arizona wayyy back in September? You’ve held that against them all season.

Much worse to do it in December at your own place with the division on the line. Thanks, Arizona.

What does your team being obsolete have to do with our team being trash right now?Β 
Β 

I call this the ugly sister theory. When you call someone else’s sister ugly. And they say, well your sister is ugly too. Does that make your sister not ugly then?Β