πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

On 1/4/2024 at 10:01 AM, Art_Vandalay said:

Philly punched TB in the mouth earlier this season too... But I'm not feeling too good about Philly in a potential rematch. The Rams have been heating up.

Dallas would obviously be favored because they have a better overall roster and they'll be at home. But I doubt they'd be "massive" favorites. The home team gets an automatic 3 points before everything else is considered. My guess is Dallas would be between 3.5 - 4.5 favorites.

You typically have to add another point or two to Dallas lines than you think they should be because they blow so many teams out. -13.5 at Washington looked crazy and they won by 28. I thought they’d be roughly 5.5 point faves vs GB and it’s the full 7. DAL and LAR can’t meet until the NFCCG, which would mean LAR knocked off SF, but I would be surprised if that line were only 3.5.

Betting Dallas games is never easy - would actually be interested to see what their % to cover is. Β I've seen them come in under so many times, but then they have games like yesterday where they just blow the doors off a team and don't pull the starters when you would have thought they would.

6 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

GO PACK GO!

Hey at least Aubrey already got his inner Gary Anderson out of the way vs Washington before the playoffs. 🍺  Right? 

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

I am a huge Aaron Jones fan on Sunday.Β  He has been really good the last two weeks, he needs to run wild on that defense.

Lefleur might actually be smart enough not to abandon the run game down 3-7 or even 10 -0 at any point of the game. Something our OC / Staff refuses to do.

Edited by Nabbs4u

12 hours ago, Shockwave said:

I'd agree with you here if his numbers dropped off significantly in the postseason...but they hold up quite well to his in season averages. W/L's are a team stat. Don't get me wrong I'm totally pulling for another Dallas one and done choke job. I hope GB embarrasses them off the field and Dak throws 5 picks and we get the ever satisfying Jerry face...Β  but the dude is a stud. You know it and I know it I'm just willing to swallow my bias and admit it.Β 

lol No…..no.Β 
Β 

He’s good. That’s fine. That’s his rank.Β 
Β 

Unless you have some odd grade for β€œgreat”. Who else is β€œgreat” to you then?Β 
Β 

Hes 30 has 3 pro bowls and 2 playoff wins and has never been in a conference game. You can’t be called great without impressive achievements. Unless he starts amassing hardware, he’s just good. That’s it. He’s been pretty much Romo so far and you wouldn’t consider him great, right?Β 

11 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

lol No…..no.Β 
Β 

Β 

Unless you have some odd grade for β€œgreat”. Who else is β€œgreat” to you then?Β 
Β 

Hes 30 has 3 pro bowls and 2 playoff wins and has never been in a conference game. You can’t be called great without impressive achievements. Unless he starts amassing hardware, he’s just good. That’s it. He’s been pretty much Romo so far and you wouldn’t consider him great, right?Β 

I'm not talking about all time greats here....talking about QB tiers. So something like.Β 

Elite:
Mahomes
Lamar

Great:
Dak
Tua
Allen
Hurts
Burrow
Purdy

Good:
Goff
Stafford
Herbert
Love

etc..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

lol No…..no.Β 
Β 

Β 

Β 

He's coming off an MVP Caliber season and is one of the best QB's in the NFL - that's "great"Β 

Is he going into the HOF? No - and I hate to break this to you but Romo was one of the 5 Best QB's in the NFL during his prime as well, right behind Peyton, Brady, Rodgers and Brees

5 hours ago, Shockwave said:

I'm not talking about all time greats here....talking about QB tiers. So something like.Β 

Elite:
Mahomes
Lamar

Great:
Dak
Tua
Allen
Hurts
Burrow
Purdy

Good:
Goff
Stafford
Herbert
Love

etc..

Wow. That’s some really easy grading there. I guess I can just make up my own superlatives too.Β 
Β 

Godlike tier:

Superhuman tier:

Amazing tier:

Great:

Good:

Average:Β 

etc etc etcΒ 

I guess Dak would be superhuman then, according to arbitrary tiers.Β 
Β 

Dak’s not great. He’s good. Until further notice.Β 

4 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

He's coming off an MVP Caliber season and is one of the best QB's in the NFL - that's "great"Β 

Is he going into the HOF? No - and I hate to break this to you but Romo was one of the 5 Best QB's in the NFL during his prime as well, right behind Peyton, Brady, Rodgers and Brees

I like Romo. He was good too. Was he consistently top 8 or so, sure. But he wasn’t great.Β 

Big Ben, Eli, Rivers, McNabb, Palmer, Vick, Cam, Cutler, Stafford, Ryan, Luck, Flacco, RussΒ 

They all spanned his career. (and that’s just off the top, I’m sure I’m forgetting one or two) Those guys either were better or in the same apple cart. And most have some hardware. So, no. He wasn’t β€œright behind” literal HoFs and all time GREATS. He was in the mix of the bunch below those guys. But unequivocally not great. Good though. And that’s fair.Β 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

I like Romo. He was good too. Was he consistently top 8 or so, sure. But he wasn’t great.Β 

Big Ben, Eli, Rivers, McNabb, Palmer, Vick, Cam, Cutler, Stafford, Ryan, Luck, Flacco, RussΒ 

They all spanned his career. (and that’s just off the top, I’m sure I’m forgetting one or two) Those guys either were better or in the same apple cart. And most have some hardware. So, no. He wasn’t β€œright behind” literal HoFs and all time GREATS. He was in the mix of the bunch below those guys. But unequivocally not great. Good though. And that’s fair.Β 

Haha - We’re going with that revisionist history now?

7 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Β 

1257.jpg

lol please argue the post above if I’m β€œhating”. I don’t know why by saying a player is good, I’m hating. The book isn’t finished on Dak. He’s not getting the MVP this year. It’s Lamar again. If Dak gets further than the divisional round and has 4-5 really good years with some awards and a SB or two, he’s going to push the great category.Β