πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

I normally don’t go into this debates. Much less when pages behind you say you will defend a player just because he’s on your team. But this is not true at all.Β 

Its subjective for the most part. It would be hard to quantify. Id point to the fact that Dak has a long history of smart throws, high completion percentage and low turn overs. You would regurgitate the same thing with a smaller sample size from Wentz.Β 

It would be pointless. And outside of getting a rise out of you all, I cant definitively defend my position. I just know Dak is really really good at reading defenses.Β 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Its subjective for the most part. It would be hard to quantify. Id point to the fact that Dak has a long history of smart throws, high completion percentage and low turn overs. You would regurgitate the same thing with a smaller sample size from Wentz.Β 

It would be pointless. And outside of getting a rise out of you all, I cant definitively defend my position. I just know Dak is really really good at reading defenses.Β 

you have the right to defend Dak, but Wentz isn't leading the MVP conversation for no reason. He reads an NFL defense like an elite quarterback.Β 

The thing is that Carson does things that the stats don’t show and don’t do him justice. I think he has earned the right this seasonΒ to be considered better than Prescott. Next season it will be another story and until they’re well into their career we will be able to determine who is better but for now Carson is the better QB in 2017.

1 minute ago, eagles18 said:

you have the right to defend Dak, but Wentz isn't leading the MVP conversation for no reason. He reads an NFL defense like an elite quarterback.Β 

Have I shat on Wentz or something? I dont know why you keep implying I think he is not an elite QB. Ive said numerous times that I think they are both top ~7ish QBs. Yes I think Dak is better. But the difference isnt large. Its like Brady to Manning. Not Brady to Dalton. And you guys sure like to bring up the MVP thing:

ESPN Analytics said Dak should have been MVP last year:Β http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/126836/why-dak-prescott-is-the-nfls-mvp

Brett Favre said Dak should be MVP last year:Β https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/brett-favre-vote-dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-nfl-mvp-ezekiel-elliott-123016

Dak was predicted to be the 2017 MVP:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dak-prescott-has-better-mvp-odds-in-2017-than-almost-every-player-in-the-nfl/

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Bolt/Dak-Prescott-predicted-as-2017-NFL-MVP-and-its-not-a-reach-105493109

Β 

Again, I am not trying to bash Wentz. Just saying Dak is a top tier QB in his own right. A fact that you all fail to grasp.Β 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Just saying Dak is a top tier QB in his own right. A fact that you all fail to grasp.Β 

This is exactly what we're saying.

Top tier:

• ball hander offer
  • first reader
  • second reader
  • third option taker offer
  • 50/50 ball to dez
  • 2 yard routes to witten and beasley
  • having a thicker neck than head (roids)

Nobody rides the coattails of their RB and OL quite like Dak. He's in a universe of his ownΒ xD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

The thing is that Carson does things that the stats don’t show and don’t do him justice. I think he has earned the right this seasonΒ to be considered better than Prescott. Next season it will be another story and until they’re well into their career we will be able to determine who is better but for now Carson is the better QB in 2017.

Up until you guys pooped all over the last couple weeks, the stats were effectively even between Wentz and Prescott. Its too early to claim that Wentz has won the 2017 season. He has been very impressive. One of the top QBs in the entire NFL. And he is absolutely deserving of all the praise (including MVP talk) that he is getting.Β 

Dak has been right there with him though. Dak is about to set an NFL record for QBs in terms of TDs to INTs. He already set the rookie record, now he is gunning for the NFL record. He is about to break Dan Marino's record for 300 yard 3+ TD games.

Just because Wentz is doing fantastic, doesnt mean Dak isnt also doing fantastic.Β 

Which is super fun, because 100% of you all thought he would flop.Β 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Up until you guys pooped all over the last couple weeks, the stats were effectively even between Wentz and Prescott. Its too early to claim that Wentz has won the 2017 season. He has been very impressive. One of the top QBs in the entire NFL. And he is absolutely deserving of all the praise (including MVP talk) that he is getting.Β 

Dak has been right there with him though. Dak is about to set an NFL record for QBs in terms of TDs to INTs. He already set the rookie record, now he is gunning for the NFL record. He is about to break Dan Marino's record for 300 yard 3+ TD games.

Just because Wentz is doing fantastic, doesnt mean Dak isnt also doing fantastic.Β 

Which is super fun, because 100% of you all thought he would flop.Β 

That’s why I said as of right now.Β 

Dak is having an underrated year, no question about that. But a lot has to do with the fact that he is not the focal point of your offense and I don’t see why you can’t admit that, defenses focus on stopping the run first and foremost. Which is very beneficial for him. While Wentz is the focal point of his offense.Β 

He (Dak) is super smart with the ball though so the TD to Int radio is a good milestone as well.

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

Dak is having an underrated year, no question about that. But a lot has to do with the fact that he is not the focal point of your offense and I don’t see why you can’t admit that, defenses focus on stopping the run first and foremost. Which is very beneficial for him. While Wentz is the focal point of his offense.Β 

Β 

Did you watch the chiefs game?