πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

I just wanna bring attention to this stat that I heard today: we have scored more than 24 points ONCE. That was the Giants game.Β 

So we have been better than mediocre on one occasion scoring wise. That's it.

(Side stat that's arguably more egregious than the one above: the Redskins have now gone 9 games straight this year in which there have been ZERO lead changes. So they either just score first and win, or get the crap kicked out of them. God our division is awful)

But isn't it telling that in the year of the offensive explosion, where you literally are able to dominate even with a bottom 3 defense (see: Chiefs), that we have managed to score over 24 pts one freaking time.

It's a combination of a lot of things. The OL has been hit way worse with injuries than it was last season and Wizniewski basically belongs on the back of a milk carton. We have absolutely no run game, so bad that we are clamoring for Josh Adams to get Carries. Josh Adams! That dude is so average it's almost comical. Nothing about him stands out to me.Β  then in general, our injuries have just been everywhere instead of just a few key positions like last season. We our down are top 3 corners. Our starting safety. Our starting DT and DE. Not only has JP been gone most season but Lane has been dinged up badly and Wiz is somewhere in Qahar lost I think. Ajayi is down. We have no run game to speak of and lost Blount too in FA. Mack's been gone all year, Wallace went down 2nd game, Jeffrey was gone through the first month with Carson...

Like, this year is literally twice as bad as last year's injury wise. So when I see all these morons on TV talking about " Why can't the Eagles compete??? They won with some players hurt last year!" I scoff and throw a bottle at my screen. It's not even comparable.Β 

And I won't even delve into the losses of Reich and DFP. It would be different if Doug had been modest enough to replace those two with some other fresh, intuitive offensive minds rather than just promoting two positional coaches who clearly are not on that level. Maybe it was hubris. Maybe not. But Doug is at his best when he is the President of a Democratic Nation. Not the leader of the People's Republic of China.Β 

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

JG isn't getting an extension unless he wins a playoff game. Rumor has it we have our eye on Licoln Riley if he doesn't.

Hahahahahaha

Lincoln Riley is never leaving OU to come coach newly signed, $150 million Dak Prescott with the Jones family running things.

Keep dreaming though.

Β 

3 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Hahahahahaha

Lincoln Riley is never leaving OU to come coach newly signed, $150 million Dak Prescott with the Jones family running things.

Keep dreaming though.

Β 

Did you see that stat that Wentz has like a 50 QB rating in the 4th quarter when his team is down? And his record is like 3-11 or something?

Β 

Does it concern anyone here that Wentz is the anti clutch?

Β 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/clutch-encounters/2018/clutch-encounters-week-10

Edited by Matts4313

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Did you see that stat that Wentz has like a 50 QB rating in the 4th quarter when his team is down? And his record is like 3-11 or something?

Β 

Does it concern anyone here that Wentz is the anti clutch?

Β 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/clutch-encounters/2018/clutch-encounters-week-10

Meh, I think most fans think Wentz is the least of our issues. He’s had a couple bad decisions late but I don’t think he’s on any verge of anti-clutch. He’s been more let down by the OL, lack of RB and play calling.Β 

It says right in that article that in four losses they’ve scored 17-23 pts. While other QBs that have posted his numbers since 2010 score an average of 32.8 pts. He’s clearly doing his job. I think the biggest glaring difference between this year and last is our 3rd down efficiency. I don’t even have the raw numbers but just watching the games I can tell you it’s been night and day. Blame whomever but Carson, who’s certainly had a couple hiccups, is far from the problem.Β 

25 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Meh, I think most fans think Wentz is the least of our issues. He’s had a couple bad decisions late but I don’t think he’s on any verge of anti-clutch. He’s been more let down by the OL, lack of RB and play calling.Β 

It says right in that article that in four losses they’ve scored 17-23 pts. While other QBs that have posted his numbers since 2010 score an average of 32.8 pts. He’s clearly doing his job. I think the biggest glaring difference between this year and last is our 3rd down efficiency. I don’t even have the raw numbers but just watching the games I can tell you it’s been night and day. Blame whomever but Carson, who’s certainly had a couple hiccups, is far from the problem.Β 

I agree Wentz is not the problem. I did question why he kept throwing it short if the sticks at the end of the game, but that's probably play calling.

Β 

He kept dirt balling them too, which was really odd imo. Normally he is more accurate.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I agree Wentz is not the problem. I did question why he kept throwing it short if the sticks at the end of the game, but that's probably play calling.

Β 

He kept dirt balling them too, which was really odd imo. Normally he is more accurate.

He’s been steadily at 70% this year. Again, can’t ask much more of him. He’s really improved from last year, statistically. He’s on pace to throwΒ for less TDs but just slightly. His fumbling is probably his biggest knock. And even that is from trying to extend plays or not take sacks. I guess that’s a good/bad thing. I dunno, season has come down to a handful of plays and although the offense has sputtered, especially in the first quarter, I got to believe Carson is seldom the problem.Β 

46 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Laughing at any notion that Wentz is playing poorly, especially given the fact Pederson is basically treating him like a Rookie Andrew Luck with 600+ attempts in 14 gms!

On pace for 70% 4500 yds 30TD, 6INT (14 games) GTFOH!!

Β 

I don't think he is playing poorly. But it is a bit alarming that his QB rating cuts in half (from 100 to 50) when the game is on the line.

Β 

Then again, he is playing good enough that you guys should be scoring more than 20 a game.

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I don't think he is playing poorly. But it is a bit alarming that his QB rating cuts in half (from 100 to 50) when the game is on the line.

Β 

Then again, he is playing good enough that you guys should be scoring more than 20 a game.

What was his rating last year with the #1 rush offense and best OL in the NFL, curious?

That's the difference between it coming naturally (within the offense) and forcing things because everything else, is crap! There is no offense except for what he creates.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

What was his rating last year with the #1 rush offense and best OL in the NFL, curious?

That's the difference between it coming naturally (within the offense) and forcing things because everything else, is crap! There is no offense except for what he creates.

That's not for this year. That's his career. Hell, statistically even foles is better than wentz when the game is on the line. Including last year when they both had the same exact cast.

Aside from carolina where he made some objectively terrible decisions in the last drive. I'd really put the majority of the blame on playcalling this year. So many of the plays are designed to be outright incompletions or forcing the ball where it doesn't need to be.Β 

22 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

Aside from carolina where he made some objectively terrible decisions in the last drive. I'd really put the majority of the blame on playcalling this year. So many of the plays are designed to be outright incompletions or forcing the ball where it doesn't need to be.Β 

Your sig makes me lol every time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

That's not for this year. That's his career. Hell, statistically even foles is better than wentz when the game is on the line. Including last year when they both had the same exact cast.

Gotcha, no idea? Guess He will be downright scary if he ever figures that part out as the years go by.

Wouldn't trade him for a Single QB in the NFL for the long term. Not one!

Short termΒ  (3-5 yrs), onlyΒ  Rodgers!