🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

After 6 paragraphs and 12 hours later, @Matts4313 still doesn't get it. No ones going to argue free will as long as it doesn't infringe on others. It's the basis to our country. That's not really the issue. We went down the moral compass tangent and although it's a problem, you're still missing the bigger picture.  Zeke is getting into trouble because he can't just do things as an average American. He doesn't want to be a role model, sure. Fine. But he represents the NFL whether he likes it or not. And while he certainly has the free will to act the way he does, the NFL has the same rights to punish him for it. Their company, their rules, their money. He can choose to fall in line or he has the freedoms to play in the CFL. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Youre just now picking up on that point? Ive been saying that ad nausuem since like August. How have you not understood that? My entire point:

a. Based on the actual terms for why Zeke was suspended, he has a legal/ethical case that he should not be suspended. His investigation was unfair and as far as I can see from all public knowledge, the entire thing is bush league from the NFL. Its wrong for him to be suspended for beating up a chick if he did not commit the crime.

b. If the NFL had attempted to suspend him for being a knucklehead the past year - they totally have a legit case. But not only did they not do that, they also notated in his suspension that he was not being punished for the other things. They literally said "we dont care about the rest of it". 

c. If the league doesnt care about boob-gate, than I dont get why you all make a big deal about it. Its not legally or morally wrong. Same with the weedshop.

That's not true at all.  Did you read the suspension letter handed down by the league?  It specifically also mentions "BoobGate".

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2017/08/11/0ap3000000828596.pdf

23 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

He is suspended for breaking the domestic abuse clause in the personal conduct policy. And in the letter they sent to Zeke, they literally said they were not taking action on the other incidents. IIRC - they even specifically addressed that he was not being punished for showing a boob. 

No, they did not say that.  They said they weren't considering that incident "separately as a basis for additional discipline...", i.e.  they were lumping the decision together and factoring both incidents as a "pattern of poor judgment and behavior..."

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Is in Texas. Woman are able to be topless in public here.

You sure about that?  There's two offenses that prevent that in state of Texas (like most states in the US).

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/docs/pe/htm/pe.21.htm

Sec. 21.07. PUBLIC LEWDNESS. (a) A person commits an offense if he knowingly engages in any of the following acts in a public place or, if not in a public place, he is reckless about whether another is present who will be offended or alarmed by his:

(1) act of sexual intercourse;

(2) act of deviate sexual intercourse;

(3) act of sexual contact; or

(4) act involving contact between the person's mouth or genitals and the anus or genitals of an animal or fowl.

bout whether another is present who will be offended or alarmed by his act.

Sec. 21.08.  INDECENT EXPOSURE.  (a)  A person commits an offense if he exposes his anus or any 
part of his genitals with intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person, 
and he is reckless about whether another is present who will be offended or alarmed by his act.

In San Antonio women who go topless in public can be arrested under one of three penal codes, public lewdness, indecent exposure or disorderly conduct if it appears the public could be offended by the display, a representative from the San Antonio Police Department said.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Texas-a-top-free-state-fails-topless-test-5623514.php

They might be lax about going topless in Austin, but its still a crime in the State of Texas and can be enforced anywhere (Except nude beaches).

Edited by jonu62882

1 hour ago, Phire said:

The league's letter is so reasonable im disappointed in the courts for clearly doing a celebrity a favor with the injunctions.

Zeke will get his suspension.  I hope he keeps delaying it honestly, so that the suspension goes enforced for next season.  Let them have this debacle affecting two seasons I say. 

Edited by jonu62882
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, jonu62882 said:

You sure about that?  There's two offenses that prevent that in state of Texas (like most states in the US).

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/docs/pe/htm/pe.21.htm

Sec. 21.07. PUBLIC LEWDNESS. (a) A person commits an offense if he knowingly engages in any of the following acts in a public place or, if not in a public place, he is reckless about whether another is present who will be offended or alarmed by his:

(1) act of sexual intercourse;

(2) act of deviate sexual intercourse;

(3) act of sexual contact; or

(4) act involving contact between the person's mouth or genitals and the anus or genitals of an animal or fowl.

bout whether another is present who will be offended or alarmed by his act.

Sec. 21.08.  INDECENT EXPOSURE.  (a)  A person commits an offense if he exposes his anus or any 
part of his genitals with intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person, 
and he is reckless about whether another is present who will be offended or alarmed by his act.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Texas-a-top-free-state-fails-topless-test-5623514.php

They might be lax about going topless in Austin, but its still a crime in the State of Texas and can be enforced anywhere (Except nude beaches).

Go Topless, an international topless advocacy group, says Texas is one of 36 states where "top freedom is in effect," or where no laws directly prohibit public toplessness.

However, women leaving their tops at home could cause a problem.

"Even if a top free law is firmly in effect, the police can still arrest you under the pretense of 'disorderly conduct'," the website reads, urging peoples not to be intimidated because the city can be sued for wrongful arrest, "if your only crime was to go topless."

Though green states indicate there is some degree of "topless freedom," that does not mean it's legal for women to go shirtless throughout the state. Local ordinances may ban or allow the practice in opposition to state law,

http://time.com/3834365/map-topless-laws/

Its definitely legal from the state level. Certain counties/cities might make it more difficult. 

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Its definitely legal from the state level. Certain counties/cities might make it more difficult. 

It's not legal to just go topless throughout Texas because it's very easy for going topless to amount to someone being offended and then you can get arrested for one of the two crimes I stated earlier.  Austin might be more lax, but other towns almost certainly won't be, and I believe this took place in Dallas.  I even quoted a statement from a rep from the San Antonio PD that says that going "topless" is not legal there as it can easily lead to a charge of "public lewdness" or "indecent exposure" if someone gets offended by it.  Not to mention, she didn't go "topless".  Zeke pulled her top down and she shook her breasts, which would most certainly have fallen under one of those two charges. Zeke was a co-actor in doing that. 

At a minimum, this guy has been on a path committing various transgressions and flaunting the law.  Hes a young, immature, and wealthy with no respect for others and the law.  That's a dangerous combination right there.  He needs help and a suspension might do him some good.   

Edited by jonu62882

1 hour ago, jonu62882 said:

It's not legal to just go topless throughout Texas because it's very easy for going topless to amount to someone being offended and then you can get arrested for one of the two crimes I stated earlier

the city can be sued for wrongful arrest, "if your only crime was to go topless."

Its legal to go topless in Texas. I dont know what to tell you. This is like the argument that its legal to drink and walk around downtown, but its illegal for "public intoxication". I mean, its 100% legal to be drinking in public. But you cant be drunk. Its 100% legal to be topless, you just cant be sexual with it. In either case, its at a cops discretion. But isnt that the case for just about everything? Cops can arrest you for looking at them wrong. So dont have eyeballs I guess?

Edited by Matts4313

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Its legal to go topless in Texas. I dont know what to tell you. This is like the argument that its legal to drink and walk around downtown, but its illegal for "public intoxication". I mean, its 100% legal to be drinking in public. But you cant be drunk. Its 100% legal to be topless, you just cant be sexual with it. In either case, its at a cops discretion. But isnt that the case for just about everything? Cops can arrest you for looking at them wrong. So dont have eyeballs I guess?

Okay, technically you can go topless, but if one person becomes offended, and they go get the police, then it becomes a broken law.  Its a very thin line that I wouldn't want to play with.  This isn't Europe.  And in the case of Zeke and that girl, they were "being sexual" with it, which would amount to....Whether it's discretionary or not, it's still a bad decision all around for your guy to be doing.

Edited by jonu62882