πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Cousins has been great this year. Β In fact the team has done well as a whole. Β Injuries have derailed us.

That's one thing that separates teams man. Ask anyone here, we've had our fair share of injuries as well. Not as many season ending, but we do have to deal with Peters and Sproles being basically done for their careers now.

Teams that win have to overcome injuries.

17 minutes ago, Danger said:

That's one thing that separates teams man. Ask anyone here, we've had our fair share of injuries as well. Not as many season ending, but we do have to deal with Peters and Sproles being basically done for their careers now.

Teams that win have to overcome injuries.

I really feel like the redskins and eagles have drafted better than the giants and cowboys the past 3 years and it’s showing up this year.

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I really feel like the redskins and eagles have drafted better than the giants and cowboys the past 3 years and it’s showing up this year.

Hard to say that really. I agree with the Giants, but scoring Dak and Zeke inΒ one draft was really important. Until this year our 2015 draft looked like a near disaster but Agholor has played very well this season. I think we have got more players than the Cowboys but getting a QB and a stud RB in one year, plus the way DLaw has played makes their drafts look quite good. Honestly, every team but the Giants have drafted extremely well in our division, and even the Giants have scored some extremely good players like Collins and Engram.

I believe the NFC East is the best division in football right now and will 100% have two teams in the playoffs,Β  but we will see.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Hard to say that really. I agree with the Giants, but scoring Dak and Zeke inΒ one draft was really important. Until this year our 2015 draft looked like a near disaster but Agholor has played very well this season. I think we have got more players than the Cowboys but getting a QB and a stud RB in one year, plus the way DLaw has played makes their drafts look quite good. Honestly, every team but the Giants have drafted extremely well in our division, and even the Giants have scored some extremely good players like Collins and Engram.

I believe the NFC East is the best division in football right now and will 100% have two teams in the playoffs,Β  but we will see.

Dak is overrated and Zeke is living off that line. Β Even if Zeke is legit, he’s a RB he’ll be broken in 4 years. Β Taking a rb in the modern age is stupid.Β 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Dak is overrated and Zeke is living off that line. Β Even if Zeke is legit, he’s a RB he’ll be broken in 4 years. Β Taking a rb in the modern age is stupid.Β 

Idk man, I used to think that, but look at guys like Zeke and Gurley who are both really legit(imo), and look at Barkley who is coming out next year. You can absolutely get production out of cheaper RBs, but a top notch guy can have massive impact on a football team.

7 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

People give Dallas way too much credit on the Dak pick. I'd give more than half of the credit to simple luck. Honestly, I think they literally did just luck into him.Β 

They didn't draft him based on some amazing scouting where they thought he'd be an above average quarterback. They drafted him because he was there in the 4th and they were running out of options, as they needed to draft a backup essentially. They settled for him, in that they apparently tried to get Connor Cook in the 2nd and failed(IIRC), as he was the QB they wanted.Β 

I think they get some credit just because yes they drafted him, even though they didnt have any sort of higher opinion on him than everyone and he wasnt the guy they wanted.

Β I would even argue that what our FO and scouting dept did in trading up for Wentz is more impressive. They did their duediligence on Wentz and decided that he was the QB that could be their franchise for the next decade plus. And they traded multiple picks to go get that guy.Β 

Basically, We purposefully drafted our QB. Dallas simply lucked into theirs.

Just now, BAConrad said:

People give Dallas way too much credit on the Dak pick. I'd give more than half of the credit to simple luck. Honestly, I think they literally did just luck into him.Β 

They didn't draft him based on some amazing scouting where they thought he'd be an above average quarterback. They drafted him because he was there in the 4th and they were running out of options, as they needed to draft a backup essentially. They settled for him, in that they apparently tried to get Connor Cook in the 2nd and failed(IIRC), as he was the QB they wanted.Β 

I think they get some credit just because yes they drafted him, even though they didnt have any sort of higher opinion on him than everyone and he wasnt the guy they wanted.

Β I would even argue that what our FO and scouting dept did in trading up for Wentz is more impressive. They did their duediligence on Wentz and decided that he was the QB that could be their franchise for the next decade plus. And they traded multiple picks to go get that guy.Β 

Whether they got him by luck or not, they still drafted him and he is a starting caliber QB in the NFL. Idk how good he is yet, but that is extremely valuable.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Whether they got him by luck or not, they still drafted him and he is a starting caliber QB in the NFL. Idk how good he is yet, but that is extremely valuable.

Valuable yes.

But I was addressing the argument over who has done a better job drafting lately. Those are two different things.Β 

Β 

4 hours ago, BAConrad said:

We had some ungodly amount of meetings, like 6Β of them, with Dak. Dak and Linehan were texting eachother on a daily basis before the draft. Yes, we did not have him as a 1st rounder. Yes, we did try twice to draft someone else instead of him.Β 

But to act like we didnt scout the ish outta of Dak is a damned lie. He had been predicted as a mid round pick for us for like 2 months going into the draft. Everyone knew we had him ranked highly.Β 

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

giphy.gif

Β 

Our 2016 draft alone is better than your last 3 years combined. StartingΒ QB, RB, DT, MLB, LCB and potentially DE all in one go. 2015 appears to be a bust, but 2014 was also a goodΒ draft year. Obviously its way to early to tell about 2017.

I just read on reddit that Dak, Wentz and Watson lead the NFL in total TDs right now. Thats insane. It felt like the NFL went a decade where each draft maybe had 1 good QB. But in the last few years weve been flooded with talented young guys.Β  Should make for good football.Β 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I just read on reddit that Dak, Wentz and Watson lead the NFL in total TDs right now. Thats insane. It felt like the NFL went a decade where each draft maybe had 1 good QB. But in the last few years weve been flooded with talented young guys.Β  Should make for good football.Β 

This is good for the NFL. there was a point when Manning retired where we werent sure ifΒ college football was producing the next wave of decent QBs to replace the retiring vets.

9 hours ago, Daimonas said:

find it kind of funny that a redskins and cowboys argument is held in an eagles thread.

Always good to have other perspectives especially in here. We dont have a NFCE forum so the discussion naturally funnels to the respective NFCE threads.Β