πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

You ignored the rest of the post.Β  He's on his 4th team in 5 years.Β  You're starting the rest of the league's garbage on your Dline.Β Β 

Ok. Lets play your game.Β 

Law and Griffen are arguably the best 4-3 DE combo in the division.

Woods and Crawford are extremely mediocre but are good enough. They arent terrible.Β 

Now lets add: Poe (starter, even if he has been passed round) + Greggory (The best pure pass rusher on the team) + Smith (Looks good so far, we will see this weekend) + Hill (a second rounder who red-shirted last year)

We go 2 deep at every spot with people who are mediocre at worst, high potential at best.

On 9/9/2020 at 8:23 PM, Matts4313 said:
14. Β  Eagles 9-7 The Eagles entered the off-season needing to address both their secondary and receiving corp, both of which were at or near worst in the NFL last year. Major upgrades were made across both units, and the Eagles fanbase is hopeful this year won't be a repeat of last, especially with the NFC East in dismal shape. Everything is predicated on Carson Wentz now, who needs a healthy year to detract naysayers.

^^^ to low, imo. But thats still playoffs this year^^^^

Assuming we stay relatively healthy we should be top 10, but considering our past history with injuries we could end up 14th.

I think we can definitely win the division.

Its kinda ridiculous when I see some people like Peter King having the Cowboys as the 1 seed and then not having the Eagles in the top 7 in the NFC to make the playoffs.

But, we usually do better when we are doubted and don't have all these expecations, so I'm okay with it in the long run. I'm just ready for us to prove some of these "analysts" wrong.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Any team in the league would take Chase Young over any defensive player Dallas has.Β Β 

Maybe. Id like to see him play with the big boys for a while before taking that assessment. Of course, I remember hearing the samething about Clowney, who was a massive disappointment based on hype.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Maybe. Id like to see him play with the big boys for a while before taking that assessment. Of course, I remember hearing the samething about Clowney, who was a massive disappointment based on hype.

Ceedee Lamb is a Hall of Famer already though.

Young is better than Clowney. I can pretty much guarantee that. Even if he "only" ends up as good as Clowney that is still a pretty good DE.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Ceedee Lamb is a Hall of Famer already though.

Who said that? CeeDee is our 3rd string WR. A very high potential 3rd stringer.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Young is better than Clowney. I can pretty much guarantee that. Even if he "only" ends up as good as Clowney that is still a pretty good DE.

If you say so.

Rosen, Ross, Apple, Fowler, White, Flowers, Clowney, Robinson, Bortles, Watkins, Gilbert, Ebron, Joekel, Jordan, Mingo, Cooper, Millner, Warmack, RG3, Kalil, Blackmon, Claiborne, Barron, Aldon, Locker, Gabbert, Bradford, Berry, McClain, Spiller, Alualu, J Smith, Jackson, Curry, Sanchez, A Smith, heyward-bey, Monroe, Raji, Crabtree

Β 

^^^^^^^^^^^ Thats 10 years ofΒ top 10 pick "bust".Β Some of them (Berry) are due to medical reasons. Some due to drugs/alcohol (Aldon/Blackmon). The rest are just massive disappointments compared to their hype.Β 

It should be pointed out I left a lot of people off the list. But I tried to be subjective a tad.Β 

For those of you who like math, thats 40% of top 10 picks never living up to the hype.Β 

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Cowboys fans

Can I tell you something I *HATE* about this forum. You guys make up something, assign it to us and then laugh at the comment like its true. Let me give it a try:

Β 

Sidney Jones is an allpro waiting in the wings. He is going to fix all your secondary problems. Remember when you guys all told me that?

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Sidney Jones is an allpro waiting in the wings. He is going to fix all your secondary problems. Remember when you guys all told me that?

I'm sure they were out there, but Sidney was mainly on the sideline and when he was in he never showed enough to warrant that kind of praise. He was living off his college film the whole time he was here, but I do appreciate that pass break up he had in the last game against the Cowboys on Gallup. At least he provided us with one good memory lol.

And, nah... its true. Cowboys fans on here and twitter already acting like Ceedee is the GOAT and WR1. Remember the Cowboys official website ranking him 1st out of the receivers at camp just like a week or two ago? I remember.