πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm sure they were out there, but Sidney was mainly on the sideline and when he was in he never showed enough to warrant that kind of praise. He was living off his college film the whole time he was here, but I do appreciate that pass break up he had in the last game against the Cowboys on Gallup. At least he provided us with one good memory lol.

And, nah... its true. Cowboys fans on here and twitter already acting like Ceedee is the GOAT and WR1.

Remember the Cowboys official website ranking him 1st out of the receivers at camp just like a week or two ago? I remember.

1st bold: "acting like" is very subjective. I think what you are trying to say is "hyping up". Which pretty much every fanbase does with certain players.

2nd bold: He apparently did have the strongest camp of the WRs. That was reported by a lot of the media that watched practice. That doesnt make him the best.

Know whoΒ they said had the strongest defensive camp? Aldon Smith. Doesnt make him the next LT. Just something to get hyped about.Β 

Edited by Matts4313

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

"Lots of superbowl predictions for a team thats never won one in their history"

See how dumb that sounds? The 2004 Cowboys have absolutely nothing to do with the 2020 Cowboys. Each year is new. Anyone who has watched more than 5 minutes of football should understand that.

You can feel how ever you want about it. I watched every snap of Jones career, most of them multiple times. He was a great #2 CB. He almost never covered #1 WRs. He never played splash plays. He was super athletic though.Β 

As for the DL, I would say the biggest name is Everson Griffen, but its the fact that we added a bunch of people.

Great argument.

You downgraded at corner. I just don't see how that's rationally arguable at all. DE is a wash imo with Griffen and Quinn, maybe slight upgrade. U have an average DL, good LBs and a below average secondary in my eyes.

26 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

You downgraded at corner. I just don't see how that's rationally arguable at all. DE is a wash imo with Griffen and Quinn, maybe slight upgrade. U have an average DL, good LBs and a below average secondary in my eyes.

We will see about corner.Β 

You are also forgetting the potential of a better coaching staff. Especially since our LB got kicked off team activities, secondary coach/play caller got stripped of play calling and our DL/DC pretty much only ran base and dime.Β 

Edited by Matts4313

On 9/12/2020 at 5:17 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

Β 

This guy misread 2019 data, which is odd considering he got it right for the rest. In 2019 we were 21st in AGL, with ~14 more AGL than the league median, a year after being dead last. So that's 2 years in a row below league average, and looking like 3. It's as bad as we make it out to seem. This team is getting hurt at an embarrassing rate, and if it ends up being 3 years in a row? That's not just bad luck, something is wrong. Either the type of people you are bringing in to play, how you treat injuries, how your training staff does their job, etc.Β 

Next Gen Stats CPOE numbers are up.Β  And the winner of the most inaccurate QB of week 1 goes to....

Dwayne Haskins at -12.4%.Β  Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who watched the game.Β 

Carson Wentz a close second at -11.3%.

Dak was +0.9%.Β  Right in the middle.

6 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This guy misread 2019 data, which is odd considering he got it right for the rest. In 2019 we were 21st in AGL, with ~14 more AGL than the league median, a year after being dead last. So that's 2 years in a row below league average, and looking like 3. It's as bad as we make it out to seem. This team is getting hurt at an embarrassing rate, and if it ends up being 3 years in a row? That's not just bad luck, something is wrong. Either the type of people you are bringing in to play, how you treat injuries, how your training staff does their job, etc.Β 

Still seems pretty tame to a Washington fan. IIRC, Gruden’s Redskins set an AGL record over a 3 and/or 5-year period.Β 

43 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Next Gen Stats CPOE numbers are up.Β  And the winner of the most inaccurate QB of week 1 goes to....

Dwayne Haskins at -12.4%.Β  Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who watched the game.Β 

Carson Wentz a close second at -11.3%.

Dak was +0.9%.Β  Right in the middle.

We also won the game.Β