Rams vs Saints - part II

Webmaster

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

The rams have always had a strong dline(unless I'm mistaken).  Brres weakness is pressure from inside.  That's Rams strength

Which is weird because he’s always had mammoth Olines. It’s always felt like he’s never touched. 

Just now, El ramster said:

Which is weird because he’s always had mammoth Olines. It’s always felt like he’s never touched. 

Yes, but those mammoth olines have always benefitted from Brees getting ball out quick.  If your dline gets to the backfield quick as Rams, you're good to go and Brees physically can't do anythign

10 minutes ago, El ramster said:

That’s what I’m talking about. If work isn’t hectic I’m either watching here with Faulk or if the lord allows it I’ll go. Did you go alone or with friends? 

I went with 6 friends. It was my bachelor party weekend. It was literally the best 4 days of my life

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

It’s been a few hours I haven’t moved. I’ve seen bits of this Pats game. And I still can’t believe it. 

Finally just put some food on for dinner. A bourbon only diet since noon was a crash course for badness.

6 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

The rams have always had a strong dline(unless I'm mistaken).  Brres weakness is pressure from inside.  That's Rams strength

I know and trust me alot of those games I was stunned the Saints didnt attack the Rams weakness which was the rushing defense. Ill give the Saints a ton of credit today because the stadium was louder than it usually is. I see what yall mean about the playoffs at home versus the regular season at home. Unfortunately someone had to lose and I hate the Saints lost in the way that they did. I just felt like the Saints had the Rams on the ropes with one more punch to knock them out in the 1st quarter and they didnt. Like it was so bad Goff had to change his helmet, cover up his ears, Whitworth had to scream in Saffold ear, and Goff had to go over and tell Everett what was going on. Like it was horrible in the 1st quarter and the Saints shouldve been up 21-0 looking to not even give the Rams a shot to be competitive. That didnt happen. 

3 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

I went with 6 friends. It was my bachelor party weekend. It was literally the best 4 days of my life

Oh yeah bro no wonder lol. I got maybe 1 dude who has that cash with him and might go. Dammit you’re putting this trip into my mind. It really could be a once in a lifetime thing. 

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I know and trust me alot of those games I was stunned the Saints didnt attack the Rams weakness which was the rushing defense. Ill give the Saints a ton of credit today because the stadium was louder than it usually is. I see what yall mean about the playoffs at home versus the regular season at home. Unfortunately someone had to lose and I hate the Saints lost in the way that they did. I just felt like the Saints had the Rams on the ropes with one more punch to knock them out in the 1st quarter and they didnt. Like it was so bad Goff had to change his helmet, cover up his ears, Whitworth had to scream in Saffold ear, and Goff had to go over and tell Everett what was going on. Like it was horrible in the 1st quarter and the Saints shouldve been up 21-0 looking to not even give the Rams a shot to be competitive. That didnt happen. 

Yea we had our chance stop preachin

15 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Im glad you are one of the few Saints fans to look at it that way. My friend who is a diehard Saints fan went to the game. He said the exact same thing I said. The refs didnt decide the game. The inability for the Saints to put the Rams out of their misery in the 1st quarter decided the game. The Rams was struggling to even communicate in the 1st quarter let alone produce on offense. The Saints had 3 possessions in the redzone. The score shouldve been 21-0 easily. Like so many games where the Saints would win 48-7 against good teams in that dome and the refs would be a non-factor. Thats how the game shouldve happened in the 1st quarter. The Saints inability to knock the Rams out early hurt them. The Rams hung in there and fought back. Yes the refs played a big part but the Saints allowed them too by allowing the Rams to keep it close then tie. 

So just like the Minnesota Miracle where people will look at the one play and forget the Saints was down 17-0 at one point, people will look at the one call in the Rams game and forget the Saints blew a chance to be up 21-0 early and cruise without even thinking about the refs. 

Doesn't matter what happened in the first 48 minutes.

The official blatenly and deliberately did not make the obvious call.

Rules are in place for reasons. And the officials inabilty to do his job cost the team that should have had the best chance to win, their season.

It wasn't a holding call or one to interpret, no, this could have been one of three: PI, Hitting a defensless WR, or Helmet to helmet.

All obvious. The obvious answer is the league controls who it wants to win. That's it.

McVay, Goff, young blood coming up in the league. 

Puts the league in a good light.

The sad thing is, and this includes me-though for the life of me I don't know why, the fans are so enamored with this sport that We are willing to just make excuses and accept it.

Like, yeah we know it's shadey, but give me more!

We argue, fight, curse, and even hate one another over it. And in the end, it's not even real. Its all controlled. That much is obvious.

And The only ones getting rich are the players, owners and networks.

9 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Jesus dude, you don't gotta rub it in

Wasn't trying to. Seems like a long time ago these days. Memories are weird like that. I was stone-cold sober the whole game but I go back and watch the DVD and I can hardly remember any of those plays. It's all a big blur. I think that's why I wanted this year so bad, the memories from 2009 are starting to slip away. And that team was so young. And then suddenly it all just kind of went away. We had the chance to be something really special for a good long run and it just didn't happen that way.

2 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Yea we had our chance stop preachin

Im stressing it because honestly I was shocked. Plus the Rams hasnt been great in the redzone in terms of defense and the Saints have been great in the redzone on offense. So Im not preaching Im just stunned because if you were to tell me the Rams will only have 15yds of offense in the 1st quarter and the Saints will have three redzone possessions I would say at worst Rams are down 17-0 not 13-0. 

The Saints didn't have the horses to put their feet on the Rams throats up 13-0. I was surprised they came out as strong as they did. But the Rams were just better equipped for long haul. I thought all along they were the better team, but when the crowd started really affecting the game........I thought we had a chance. But it was the Rams game to win from the start. Always was. I said it all week long.

Archived