Rams vs Saints - part II

Webmaster

10 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

Ok. All I'm saying, I was 33 years old before I saw my team win a SB or even make a deep playoff run. Back then I thought they were set up for years and years of success. But I'm 42 now and this is the first time they've been to a conference championshp game since then. And they didn't get to this SB this time either. If they don't luck into another Drew Brees after he's done, I may be sitting here for another 33 years or longer waiting for it to happen. And hell, who is to even say I will live to be 66? Not one single male in my family has lived to be that old in 4 generations.

All I'm saying is enjoy it. You don't know when it's coming again. If you're worried about people saying it's illegitimate because of penalties or bad refs or whatever, who cares? enjoy it. Don't get caught up in the ruckus. Life is too short to be letting your reactions coming from a place of negativity. Don't hang out on a message board waiting for somebody to say something against your team. Go to a SB party. High five some random stranger. Drink a cocktail that somebody else made and you don't know what the hell's in it. Hug that random stranger. Get laid, if that's in your wheelhouse. Have fun. Don't waste it on petty bull**** on the internet. That's all I mean.

Well, hell man, you need to buck that trend. ;)

I saw some blatant double coverage on Michael Thomas on third downs in the opening quarter. After that he was pretty much invisible. Did the Rams completely take him out of the picture with double teams? It appeared as though they had the choice between poisons in Thomas or Kamara, and they chose Kamara, as he was free to beat Littleton or Barron all night.

A lot of credit for the win, beyond the non-DPI call, has to fall on that Rams defense. They played better than I thought they would against one of the leagues better offenses. Donald did his thing and Suh showed up in huge moments. 

I thought about this, last season Saints defender Williams missed the tackle on Diggs because he didnt want to get flagged for PI because he arrived too early. The Rams defender Robey-Coleman just ran straight to Lee-Lewis because he wanted to get to the open guy as fast as he could and wasnt thinking about playing the ball. He got contact and wasnt called for PI after arriving too early. Thats insane circumstances for the Saints. 

1 minute ago, Destructo Spin said:

Robey did the smart thing. That's what you do late in a game like that when you're beat. It's better than giving up the touchdown. He never expected to not get flagged.

Yup he even admitted it to reporters.  When the defender admits there should've been a flag that tells you something.  Like if you look at Robey-Coleman after the play he looked a little confused that there wasn't a flag.

1 minute ago, Destructo Spin said:

Robey did the smart thing. That's what you do late in a game like that when you're beat. It's better than giving up the touchdown. He never expected to not get flagged.

1st down would have ended the game though

7 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

1st down would have ended the game though

I agree but at the same time I dont know if you know this but the officiating crew that reffed the game dont throw many flags when they are reffing a game. So their history in general is to let the teams play and not call penalties alot. Now that was a blatant miss call. Same thing was when they missed two face mask calls on the Saints. Week 9 that same officiating crew didnt call a facemask on the Saints that forced the Rams to punt in the 4th quarter then the Saints scored that back breaking td to put the game on ice. So Idk if Robey-Coleman knew that or not but the refs in this game has a history of not throwing flags. So why not leave it to the refs in that spot? Chances are they arent going to throw the flag because history says they dont. 

Archived