Rams vs Saints - part II

Webmaster

26 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Just another chapter in the Saints dark history of epic playoff collapses.

Marshawn Lynch run

Vernon Davis catch

Marcs Williams ghost tackle

Refs non call

Bro this isn't even the half of it. Yall don't even know.

Saints fans are like Cubs fans before 2015. We expect the worst to happen because the worst always does happen. When we were up 13-0 I knew we were going to lose. I knew it deep down in my heart. And I knew it would be something improbable at the end of the game. That is what has always happened to the Saints, it's as much a part of our identity as gold helmets.

33 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I thought about it, but I'm way too crazy during games. I don't want to be emotionally destroyed in Atlanta. I'll just enjoy it from my couch.

You make them big bucks no? 

Go. You'll regret it if you don't.

8 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

Bro this isn't even the half of it. Yall don't even know.

Saints fans are like Cubs fans before 2015. We expect the worst to happen because the worst always does happen. When we were up 13-0 I knew we were going to lose. I knew it deep down in my heart. And I knew it would be something improbable at the end of the game. That is what has always happened to the Saints, it's as much a part of our identity as gold helmets.

Im glad you are one of the few Saints fans to look at it that way. My friend who is a diehard Saints fan went to the game. He said the exact same thing I said. The refs didnt decide the game. The inability for the Saints to put the Rams out of their misery in the 1st quarter decided the game. The Rams was struggling to even communicate in the 1st quarter let alone produce on offense. The Saints had 3 possessions in the redzone. The score shouldve been 21-0 easily. Like so many games where the Saints would win 48-7 against good teams in that dome and the refs would be a non-factor. Thats how the game shouldve happened in the 1st quarter. The Saints inability to knock the Rams out early hurt them. The Rams hung in there and fought back. Yes the refs played a big part but the Saints allowed them too by allowing the Rams to keep it close then tie. 

So just like the Minnesota Miracle where people will look at the one play and forget the Saints was down 17-0 at one point, people will look at the one call in the Rams game and forget the Saints blew a chance to be up 21-0 early and cruise without even thinking about the refs. 

just go. I was in Miami for 44. It's the best memory of my life. I can't say that publically because I'm married with kids and people expect me to say my wedding day and day my kids were born were better. But they weren't better. Go watch your team. Hell I'll even root for them. **** I'm drunk

1 minute ago, I <3 Faulk said:

So since the Rams are used to crowds that aren't heavy in their favor ( not my opinion, just going a long with the narrative since we came back to Los Angeles)  are the Rams at an advantage during the Super Bowl? 

That sounds accurate.

3 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

just go. I was in Miami for 44. It's the best memory of my life. I can't say that publically because I'm married with kids and people expect me to say my wedding day and day my kids were born were better. But they weren't better. Go watch your team

That’s what I’m talking about. If work isn’t hectic I’m either watching here with Faulk or if the lord allows it I’ll go. Did you go alone or with friends? 

2 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

just go. I was in Miami for 44. It's the best memory of my life. I can't say that publically because I'm married with kids and people expect me to say my wedding day and day my kids were born were better. But they weren't better. Go watch your team. Hell I'll even root for them. **** I'm drunk

No way.  I would have given my left nut to be in Miami. 

If only I had made then what I make now

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Oh and btw, the Saints still havent beaten the Rams twice in a row in the Payton/Brees era and thats now 9 games and counting. The Rams have a chance to do it again next season when they play the Saints in LA. They did it once in 2011 and 2013. 

The rams have always had a strong dline(unless I'm mistaken).  Brres weakness is pressure from inside.  That's Rams strength

Archived