Jump to content
Elky

Super Bowl LIII: New England Patriots (11-5) vs St. Louis Rams (13-3)

Recommended Posts

Since 2014 the Patriots have scored at least 27 points in every playoff game save for 2.

AFC championship game versus the broncos all time D 

AFC championship against the Jags Defense which  got all time defense talks before that game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, IheartMyV8 said:

Odd that Bill let an unedited video out of the locker room?

I think he’s getting soft in his old age. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This year even though its almost the same players feels way different. 

 

Were absolutely peaking, playing old school smash football, Edelman, Gronk, HT are not only playing their killing it and guys just overall playing for one another. 

 

You can see it just from Van Noys play to the offensive line killing it. Foles playing out of his mind last year I think really humbled this group and thankfully its Goff and not Brees. 

I wont make a score prediction but i will say NE should be able to move fairly easy on offense and on defense should be able to shut down Gurley and CJ.

 

go pats!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A note from football outsiders 

 

The most common weakness in those four games is clear: the Rams' run defense got steamrolled, allowing a four-game total of 601 yards in 116 carries, a 5.18-yard average.”

 

those games were Green Bay, Seattle, Chicago and Philly. Bill and co are probably if they havent already watching the heck outta of this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoldenboyDB12 said:

This year even though its almost the same players feels way different. 

 

Were absolutely peaking, playing old school smash football, Edelman, Gronk, HT are not only playing their killing it and guys just overall playing for one another. 

 

You can see it just from Van Noys play to the offensive line killing it. Foles playing out of his mind last year I think really humbled this group and thankfully its Goff and not Brees. 

I wont make a score prediction but i will say NE should be able to move fairly easy on offense and on defense should be able to shut down Gurley and CJ.

 

go pats!!

You prefer Goff over Brees? I prefer Brees b/c they normally do a better job of defending those types e.g. Rivers, Ryan. I fear Goff b/c he can move around in & out of the pocket to set up his throws. I'm also worried Todd Gurley will wake up for this game and cause a great deal of problems. The other problem I have is with Brandon Cooks wanting pay back the same way Lagarette Blount wanted it in last years SB. Come to think of it the Patriots have been killed by almost every ex player/coach this season e.g. Matt Patricia, Mike Vrable, and even Brandon Bolden. Can't remember how well Blount, Dion Lewis & Steven Ridley fared on those losses as well.

I fear Aaron Donald wrecking this game and the longer it stays close it goes advantage Rams as sooner or later playing for the dramatic finish will catch up to the Patriots as it did last year against the Eagles. Cannot have a same type of Brandon Graham play turn the game like it did in last years game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

AFC championship game versus the broncos all time D 

Wade Phillips coached that D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How effective do we think Gilmore will be in press coverage against Cooks versus Woods?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Wade Phillips coached that D.

The 2018 rams are not the 2015 broncos and we actually have an offensive line that’s not garbage. This might be the best offensive line of this BB era

Edited by CP3MVP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

The 2018 rams are not the 2015 broncos and we actually have an offensive line that’s not garbage. This might be the best offensive line of this BB era

And we damn near pulled out a win in that game despite 4 sacks and 17 QB hits.  God that was brutal.  Stork showing the snap count. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 23.1.2019 at 11:58 PM, CP3MVP said:

Since 2014 the Patriots have scored at least 27 points in every playoff game save for 2.

AFC championship game versus the broncos all time D 

AFC championship against the Jags Defense which  got all time defense talks before that game.

That's why I feel pretty good about the SB combined with a defense that's pretty good and not garbage like in 2011 or 2017. Above average defense and a very good offense that can control the clock and attack defenses in a variety of ways screams success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×