Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

7 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Is it possible even if they paid Dak $15m/yr ? I mean, you're talking 5-6 premium players in a short span. Even without Dak, you're probably talking about $75m/yr wrapped up in the other mentions.

Well we know Isiah has been in talks with Richard himself so we may be looking for a out with Byron. So that at least is one possible name gone. Byron if he duplicates the same success he had last season. We could trade him for multiple 1sts.

11 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well we know Isiah has been in talks with Richard himself so we may be looking for a out with Byron. So that at least is one possible name gone. Byron if he duplicates the same success he had last season. We could trade him for multiple 1sts.

Right. And it may make more sense to re-sign the cheaper and solid playing Anthony Brown regardless.  La'el Collins, do you really want to pay him market value of $10-12m/yr ? I'm still not paying Zeke $15m/yr. 

6 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Right. And it may make more sense to re-sign the cheaper and solid playing Anthony Brown regardless.  La'el Collins, do you really want to pay him market value of $10-12m/yr ? I'm still not paying Zeke $15m/yr. 

We can accomplish more for 15 a year with Zeke and 15 for Amari then we could 30 a year with Dak though. If he isn't willing to take a friendly deal i say we do trade him or let him walk. With us likely to sign Amari and to keep Zeke we still have an incredible foundation for another young QB to succeed if Dak has to go. The expendables would be Collins and Byron out of that group IMO and if necessary Dak too. I know that isn't popular with some, but young QB's do have far more success with the right tools around them and they will still come at cost as compared to a 30 million dollar QB who I still think isn't vital to our success as some others are in this offense.

40 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Is it possible even if they paid Dak $15m/yr ? I mean, you're talking 5-6 premium players in a short span. Even without Dak, you're probably talking about $75m/yr wrapped up in the other mentions.

I would hope so. We don't sign outside free agents. I've seen the cap projections but I haven't played it out. I keep hearing the cap is rising and isn't even a real issue for teams anymore(in other forums as well). If we can sign these guys and still make moves I don't care if Dak gets $50m a year. 

7 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Dak is a better QB than what more than half the league has, leagues better than what Arizona has.  He has a future in this league and in Dallas.  If you have a strong supporting cast around him, imo, he is capable of helping you win a SB.  He will not be the reason you win one imo

Exactly. He is a top 12 to 15 QB. Doesnt lose you games and but will rarely win them for you.

He needs a strong cast to be above average. You cannot pay those type of QBs Top 5 money, lose valuable players and expect to compete.

I have no issues with Dak not taking a team friendly deal as long as he understands his value. Dak should be paid failry based on his play and right now, that's the equivalent to about the 12th best QB.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I mean, his 14 game winning drives are the most in football since he entered the league, but ok. 

Thats not true AT ALL and im getting tired of people making this claim. He did not make NFL History. The FACT is, Ben Roethlisberger as rookie won 14 STRAIGHT games including a playoff game before losing. Dak lost twice before hitting his 14th win i believe.

Also I realize that has entered the league and that part of it is true. Since Dak Prescott has entered the league he has won the most games in a single season of any Young quarterback. He doesn't hold the NFL record though

Edited by wwhickok

37 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Thats not true AT ALL and im getting tired of people making this claim. He did not make NFL History. The FACT is, Ben Roethlisberger as rookie won 14 STRAIGHT games including a playoff game before losing. Dak lost twice before hitting his 14th win i believe.

Also I realize that has entered the league and that part of it is true. Since Dak Prescott has entered the league he has won the most games in a single season of any Young quarterback. He doesn't hold the NFL record though

Hes talking about come from behind wins. But having watched every game. I have seen 3 maybe 4 in which he was the biggest factor In those wins. 

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Hes talking about come from behind wins. But having watched every game. I have seen 3 maybe 4 in which he was the biggest factor In those wins. 

Thats a fair point and dont get me wrong, Dak has more talent than guys like Rosen, Winston, Cousins, Tannehil, etc. Theres about 12 teams in the league that would jump at the chance to have him as their starter.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Thats a fair point and dont get me wrong, Dak has more talent than guys like Rosen, Winston, Cousins, Tannehil, etc. Theres about 12 teams in the league that would jump at the chance to have him as their starter.

I dont mind bringing Dak back but not at 25 or 30 million when he isnt worth it. 

50 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Put the whiskey down. No one said record. I said since he entered the league. And I said game winning drives, not wins.