Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

13 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I am kinda a hot head. I can throw down rather quick.

Hardly anything said is worth killing a man over. And yes punching a man in the face can kill them. Especially if you are standing on concrete. I believe we lost b2b this way

8 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

$19.6M at the time of release, split over two years. Check any source

Imagine exaggerating a statistic by threefold to prove a point. You should work for FOX

I cant tell if you are screwing with me. Do you really not see the dead cap?

COWBOYS 2018 CAP TOTALS

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Hardly anything said is worth killing a man over. And yes punching a man in the face can kill them. Especially if you are standing on concrete. I believe we lost b2b this way

He didnt die from the punch. He died from hitting his head on a curb. He was also sucker punched from behind. 

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

He didnt die from the punch. He died from hitting his head on a curb. He was also sucker punched from behind. 

I know, buddy.

14 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Most people who die from being punched hit their head on the fall. Though that possibility is rarely thought of before a fight ensues. I've even seen YouTube fights where kids move from the grass to the street because it has better footing.

28 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I cant tell if you are screwing with me. Do you really not see the dead cap?

COWBOYS 2018 CAP TOTALS

I did not realize we were referring to all dead cap and not just QB numbers

In that case, well, that dead money’s not entirely going away. Like a third of $32M is tied up in guys costing $1M or less, many of whom were released in August or later- basically, the cost of doing business in the NFL. You don’t think we’re gonna average $3M a year in dead cap or anything, right?

IMO it’s only fair to add up QB hits in this discussion. We’re going to be eating dead cap someday on guys like DLaw, Zeke, Jaylon, maybe even Dak. The alternatives are to screw yourself by either inflating their early cap hits which costs you depth or getting rid of them which costs you game-changing talent. I mean, do we really want to be the Bucs or Raiders and never hand out signing bonuses? How’s that working out for them?

Edited by matt79511

42 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I did not realize we were referring to all dead cap and not just QB numbers

In that case, well, that dead money’s not entirely going away. Like a third of $32M is tied up in guys costing $1M or less, many of whom were released in August or later- basically, the cost of doing business in the NFL. You don’t think we’re gonna average $3M a year in dead cap or anything, right?

IMO it’s only fair to add up QB hits in this discussion. We’re going to be eating dead cap someday on guys like DLaw, Zeke, Jaylon, maybe even Dak. The alternatives are to screw yourself by either inflating their early cap hits which costs you depth or getting rid of them which costs you game-changing talent. I mean, do we really want to be the Bucs or Raiders and never hand out signing bonuses? How’s that working out for them?

The point was that we have been hindered. I dont think having ~$25-30m in dead cap will be a common re-occurrence. Thats like 15% of the total cap. Dak really didnt get the Russell Wilson "I am cheap pay everyone else" treatment. 

Furthermore, if we were able to build this roster without the benefit of great cap space, it stands to reason we can do it again. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

The point was that we have been hindered. I dont think having ~$25-30m in dead cap will be a common re-occurrence. Thats like 15% of the total cap. Dak really didnt get the Russell Wilson "I am cheap pay everyone else" treatment. 

Furthermore, if we were able to build this roster without the benefit of great cap space, it stands to reason we can do it again. 

Fair enough. But I think come 2022 or so, “Dak + dead cap” won’t be 30 + 0, probably more like 35 + 15. But doing things that way keeps all our young stars at controlled rates for the next three years. This is our window.

1 minute ago, matt79511 said:

Fair enough. But I think come 2022 or so, “Dak + dead cap” won’t be 30 + 0, probably more like 35 + 15. But doing things that way keeps all our young stars at controlled rates for the next three years. This is our window.

I agree. Our window is this year. Maybe next as well. If we dont get it done now than we probably dont get it done in the Dak/Garrett era. 

It would be a really weird situation for me to get into a bar fight as I haven't been to a bar since St Patrick's Day approximately 5 years ago. I was a designated driver for my cousin. So, it's easy for me to say I would throw down if someone disrespected my wife because I won't be in that situation. 

• Like 1

Yes, if someone comes over to your house and talks ish then they deserve it. But that kinda proves my point. You can control your situations. Whether you label it a brawl, an ambush, or a jumping it doesn't matter. Guys like ht, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Tony Romo, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan etc... are not going to get jumped at a beach party... they wouldn't be in that situation.

Zeke gets all kinds of hate for his off field antics but Daks just as big a party boy. Who later got a DUI, and is now in the news for his pit bulls hospitalizing a neighbor. I mean cmon. This isn't your typical franchise QB stuff. 

Edited by DaBoys

56 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Yes, if someone comes over to your house and talks ish then they deserve it. But that kinda proves my point. You can control your situations. Whether you label it a brawl, an ambush, or a jumping it doesn't matter. Guys like ht, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Tony Romo, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan etc... are not going to get jumped at a beach party... they wouldn't be in that situation.

Zeke gets all kinds of hate for his off field antics but Daks just as big a party boy. Who later got a DUI, and is now in the news for his pit bulls hospitazing a neighbor. I mean cmon. This isn't your typical franchise QB stuff. 

Dak got a DUI before coming to the NFL, so not sure I'd hold that against him. Remember Brett Favre? 

The dog thing is stupid (really need to see if he wants a live-in dog trainer), but isn't necessarily his fault. They escaped (trust me, it happens) and then caused havoc...they're dogs, sometimes that happens. Sucks that the woman lost part of a finger, but when you stick your hands in between a group of fighting dogs...****'s going to happen. Trust me, I have scars to prove it. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Zeke gets all kinds of hate for his off field antics but Daks just as big a party boy. Who later got a DUI, and is now in the news for his pit bulls hospitazing a neighbor. I mean cmon. This isn't your typical franchise QB stuff. 

DaBoys has a point. Zeke caught a lot of grief for his antics. Yet, Dak gets a pass. It's hypocritical.

2 minutes ago, htfryar said:
1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

DaBoys has a point. Zeke caught a lot of grief for his antics. Yet, Dak gets a pass. It's hypocritical.

Zeke was accused of beating a woman up, and literally 0 people believe the story.