Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

Not much more can be said on Dak than has already been said. If someone thinks he is worth 25-30 million, crippling the cap and ruining any chance of putting a team around him that is fine. The supporting cast will only get worse the more money Dak is paid. Dak is no Aikman, hell Dak is no Romo and possibly no Danny White. He misses wide open passes that are just past the line of scrimmage, he misses wide open deep passes and he overthrows medium range passes. I understand what his completion percentage looks like but what does it and his win percentage look like when Zeke is out? Look at the 2017 season when Zeke was suspended which would have been THE opportunity to prove you was the man. 3-3 with Zeke out which really was almost par for the course for the team/year. BUT with the season on the line without Zeke in the lineup he threw 5 TD's and 7 INT's the 6 games zeke was out. The next 2 games he only threw 1 TD against 2 interceptions. 

I don't think he is a bad QB but he REQUIRES a very strong supporting cast to win games. Dak 25, Cooper 17, Zeke 15, Martin 12, Fredbeard 8, T Smith 10, Dlaw 21, and there will be no supporting cast. Take Zeke out right now and we are a sub 500 team, hell take Cooper out and we are a 500 team. If you take Dak out what would our record be? Sometimes a team wins in spite of who is at QB and some times teams when because who is at QB and Dak is somewhere in between and that means nowhere near 25 million worth. 

It is a interesting debate because yes Dak we all agree isn’t a all pro passer type QB and thiase type of QB’s are risky. They fail more often over the long haul then not.  Cam is about the only one Wilson maybe but he is very unique in being a better passer then you average running QB

my thought is what options.  I really don’t think you can depend upon getting “better” in the draft. And what better vet will be there and they will cost more than 28-30

most of you believe I think dump him just get a rook cheep for another 4 years luck into a Mahones and spend the money around him.    I personally don’t see that as a viable option to get over the hump.    I know you don’t want to hear this but history says it’s easier to get a top 10 RB that can contribute day 1 then it is a top fifteen QB who can perform day 1. 

Personally I like Elliot over Dak and he is by far a better player at his position then Dak not even close    but the odds tell us three - four years down the road from now Dak will be the more effective player then Elliot   Now we could have a AP situation here and I really hope we do but that is not the norm.  And honestly would you want AP as your main RB right now for 25 mil a year.  Answer would be NO I think

its strange I know I don’t think of Dak as the best thing sense sliced bread but I do think he is better or as capable as a QBs like Eli who has two rings or a Flacco who has many as Rogers the second best QB in the NFL over the past decade  Thing is also we could have had Brady on this team (every team in the league has ample chance to draft him at his draft value) and I imagine we wouldn’t have won a supper bowl during his tenure 

22 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

He wasnt ready his last playoff game.

Didn't know Dak is responsible for our run defense now & C.J. Anderson running at will. 

We got people that will hate Dak for anything & people that will praise him for everything in this forum. I'll be the sane reality right in the middle.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Mid offseason and this debate is still raging.. WTH is going on here.....

People disagree upon the value of a player who’s enjoyed a historically great start to his career in terms of win-loss record and box score stats, who many of his teammates over the years have basically said they’d die for him, and who despite those great traits and accomplishments, frequently struggles with ball placement, pocket mechanics, and field processing speed- ostensibly, the most fundamental aspects of playing the quarterback position.

People will disagree on the value of a player with that resumé for a very, very long time. Get used to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Didn't know Dak is responsible for our run defense now & C.J. Anderson running at will. 

We got people that will hate Dak for anything & people that will praise him for everything in this forum. I'll be the sane reality right in the middle.

You do realize we are gonna be in situations where we are gonna be down, or have critical injuries that hamper our team and that's when we need our multi million dollar players to step up right?Especially in those situations where the game is still winnable which it was.

I'm curious what the excuses will be if/when we sign Dak to a 100 million dollar deal and we aren't able to retain any future play makers for 6 to 7 years because we have it all stored up in overpriced contracts. Then when we have to release a Byron Jones, LVE, Jaylon, and what happens if Gallup or Jarwin, or w/e breaks out in a big way and we are not able to resign them. We need those overpriced players to step up and earn their contracts in big games and yet we only hear about how lack of other players held Dak back.

5 hours ago, TVScout said:

0310-dak-prescott-subasset-twitter-3.jpg

Dak and some of his team mates got ambushed. It was no brawl. 

https://www.tmz.com/2015/03/09/mississippi-state-dak-prescott-fight-video-spring-break-bloody/

I just spent 7 days and 8 nights of spring break on south padre island. I witnessed several college kids fighting each other for various "reasons." Dont be naive. If you think Dak and his drunken football buddies were standing in the back of a waka flocka concert holding bibles when they were gruesomely attacked for no reason then you need to get out more... 

I had a red faced frat boy with a torn shirt at Claytons Bar yell obscenities at my wife and guess what I did? Nothing. We walked away. I removed myself from the situation. I didn't get my buddies to start talking ish back to his group. We just left. We wanted to stay but we didn't so we took the L before the situation escalated.

There is a reason crap like this never happened to Romo or Witten. You are in control of your situations more than you think, and I highly doubt Dak and his muscled up football buddies felt like taking an L when the other group started chirping.

If it was such an unprovoked vicious attack, why didn't Dak press charges? There is video evidence, and the guys names are released, and he eventually was hit over the head with a bottle. My guess is, because it wasn't an unprovoked viscous attack. He may not have started it but he obviously wasn't completely innocent, or aware. And he didn't remove himself from that situation.

Would you expect Tom Brady to be involved in something like this? Aaron Rodgers? No my friend. It isn't random. Birds of a feather waka flocka together.

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

Like I said before, I don't care about the off field stuff. I think it's cool that our QB took a bottle to the dome and just kinda stumbled away. I've used it as a reason we should run with him more. He's strong as hell. That beer bottle to the head would have left Goff in the ICU.

Just saying that sometimes I get the impression that he is viewed as this upstanding citizen, with great character, and righteous qualities. While guys like Zeke and Gregory are labeled wildcards and fools.

When actuality Dak hangs out with Zeke, Drinks and drives, gets into fights at the beach, has two full grown pits with clipped ears that he doesn't control. I bet he uses a chain for a leash because it looks tough. Let's be real about who Dak is. 

If you think it would be the coolest thing in the world to play golf and chat it up for a day with Romo, my guess is you wouldn't have very much fun hanging out with Dak doing things he likes to do for a day.

Edited by DaBoys

2 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Well, brawl aside, we will see what Dak truly is this year.

No Linehan, additions of Witten, Cobb, the emergence of Cooper and Gallup and a host of supporting players, we shall see.

Plus Fredbeard back, 2nd-year C-Will, contract-year La'el, presumably Martin's over his knee issue. And who knows, maybe Zeke will come into the season in shape this year. It won't all work out perfectly but on paper this is a very solid offensive cast, not quite 2016 level but easily better than the last two years.

The concept about paying Dak if we don’t pay Dak who do we pay.   Or do you think a different unknown rook is gonna all of sudden come out and do better than Dak did his Rookie year

Edited by quiller