deeluxx3

Arthur Smith promoted to OC

if we had actually conducted a search and he was the best candidate then i wouldn't care, it's just absurd that we didn't even bother and something that it seems like this organization likes to do on the regular, with typically horrible results.

17 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

if we had actually conducted a search and he was the best candidate then i wouldn't care, it's just absurd that we didn't even bother and something that it seems like this organization likes to do on the regular, with typically horrible results.

How do you know we didn’t bother interviewing anyone else?

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

We didn't fail to examine the coaching landscape. I don't think we just blindly stuck with him. 

I think we looked around at what was possible and then looked in house. 

I think we looked at the pros and cons of bringing in a guy outside to be oc. 

For example, I don't think Josh McDaniels is the best OC in football. But he works best with that team. 

We might not have the best OC in football ( yet to see) but we might have the best for our team. Someone who knows every player on that team. Who was around when each one of them was drafted. He has seen their worst and likely has an idea what their best is. 

With this being said, I think that says he was on track for this promotion and more. 

30 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Kuharsky reported we looked in to 3 outside candidates as well, but ultimately went with Smith. So not sure "didn't conduct a search" is accurate based off that report.

I’m glad to hear the positive vibes from the players - seems like more than the usual lip service. 

The big question to me - is he good at implementing other people’s systems or does he have ideas of his own?

Love the continuity with Marcus and should have a good idea what Marcus likes. 

Not crazy about the search as it seems he was the only interview, but I trust JRob and Vrabel. 

21 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

I’m glad to hear the positive vibes from the players - seems like more than the usual lip service. 

The big question to me - is he good at implementing other people’s systems or does he have ideas of his own?

Love the continuity with Marcus and should have a good idea what Marcus likes. 

Not crazy about the search as it seems he was the only interview, but I trust JRob and Vrabel. 

Hopefully he is like what I read about some other OCs including McVay. 

They had their foundation but was not against "stealing' something that works somewhere else. They would add it to their playbook and then adapt it to their scheme. 

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Kuharsky reported we looked in to 3 outside candidates as well, but ultimately went with Smith. So not sure "didn't conduct a search" is accurate based off that report.

define "looked into." if we're not bringing people in for interviews it can't be reasonably said that we conducted a thorough search that placed the candidates on even ground.

Watching some of his interviews, I wonder if he breathes out of his nose or not

I see this offense as a mix of whiz passing game. Mularkey's run game and protection. Lafluer's formation and set up. 

With how loved Lafleur was and how not loved this hire is, maybe we'll get the same inverse effect on the field. 

I’m warming up to the hire/decision. Like others have said, who would’ve been better? It’s a crapshoot anyway you look at it 

I am a big proponent of continuity, so that trumps all for me. This gives us that moreso than an outside hire