2019 Free Agency - Potential Targets

D82

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

50% as in base of 7 to get up to 14? That still feels like a stretch to me. Unless there's almost nothing guaranteed we're not a signing a guy who's missed 29 games in two years to start for us.

As in $7 after incentives. 

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

As in $7 after incentives. 

Gotcha. Would still prefer a base around the minimum and little to no guarantees for a guy who’s played four games in two years including playoffs and was targeted relentlessly in them.

53 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

LOL. Of course lets take a look at the injury riddled guy, who can compete with Sean Lee for most time on IR or DNP list.  

I mean, to be fair...most of Berry's missed time came as a result of his battle with cancer, not injury. 

He's an All-Pro safety, so if we can nab him to pair with Woods...it's a win for us.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

If he’s healthy, I want him. As the longstanding folks around here know, I don’t value the Safety position at all, but I BADLY wanted us to draft him when he was coming out of Univ of Tennessee. He’s a huge risk, but I’d roll the dice on this one.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

LOL. Of course lets take a look at the injury riddled guy, who can compete with Sean Lee for most time on IR or DNP list.  

Which is surprising that we haven’t signed Tyle Eifert yet.

I kid, I kid.

Well, kind of, but not really...

How many players have come back from consecutive lost seasons like that? I've heard an NFL mantra before that "you can miss one season, but you can't miss two."

For me, only Thomas Davis comes to mind. Curious to hear more examples.

29 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

If he’s healthy, I want him. As the longstanding folks around here know, I don’t value the Safety position at all, but I BADLY wanted us to draft him when he was coming out of Univ of Tennessee. He’s a huge risk, but I’d roll the dice on this one.

An elite safety is the nfl equivalent of a super chill supermodel who doesn’t do drugs but who loves sports and is freak in the bedroom.  They don’t come around often but when they do... you put a ring on it and hold onto that forever.

44 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

How many players have come back from consecutive lost seasons like that? I've heard an NFL mantra before that "you can miss one season, but you can't miss two."

For me, only Thomas Davis comes to mind. Curious to hear more examples.

Marc Colombo is one example. Jimmy Smith. Conner battled cancer and was able to resume his football career. 

1 hour ago, D82 said:

I mean, to be fair...most of Berry's missed time came as a result of his battle with cancer, not injury. 

He's an All-Pro safety, so if we can nab him to pair with Woods...it's a win for us.

Cancer accounted for 1 of 4 seasons. The others were an ACL, ruptured Achilles and last seasons heel deformity. 

8 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Cancer accounted for 1 of 4 seasons. The others were an ACL, ruptured Achilles and last seasons heel deformity. 

Ah...well, I'd say he's still worth kicking the tires on.

On 3/12/2019 at 4:53 PM, plan9misfit said:

No, they would not. You can only play one of them at a time. So, if that player gives you 50% production, the team suffers. 

I do understand the thought, again. My thought was getting a elite safety that gets Heath off the field for hie 2-3 brain farts a game and also gets us the 7-10 sacks. I have screamed D-line for a while(years) and would hate to lose D-law, but 2 players with 1 being elite and the other being above average could/would offset the loss(at 25 million a year). 

Archived