2019 Free Agency - Potential Targets

D82

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

I mean you saw the safety market last year, right? Add in an ACL injury and his age...yeah, he should be cheap.

We've lost our luster in FA the last couple of years ( im ok with it). But all it takes is one big name player in FA willing to take a discount for rings and then the ball gets rolling for other players coming through the same way.

I also believe in having a veteran high-impact player in every level of defense. D-line - Linebacker - Secondary. We have D-line & LB covered but ET will cover that last part. lets go

5 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

We've lost our luster in FA the last couple of years ( im ok with it). But all it takes is one big name player in FA willing to take a discount for rings and then the ball gets rolling for other players coming through the same way.

I also believe in having a veteran high-impact player in every level of defense. D-line - Linebacker - Secondary. We have D-line & LB covered but ET will cover that last part. lets go

I can see ET coming back full strength and providing us with that needed playmaker in the backfield. 

2 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

And who is this person Irving is talking about ? Hmmmmmm

He said staff member and controversial so I think it is definitely Garrett. JG has been a guy that doesn't like distractions and he has been known of completely excluding players from the team such as TO, Dez and now Irving. So it's gotta be him.

Although I will defend JG on this one. Irving has been nothing but a headache and if he doesn't think his absence because of weed hasn't been an issue then he is an even a bigger moron then I thought.

50 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

He said staff member and controversial so I think it is definitely Garrett. JG has been a guy that doesn't like distractions and he has been known of completely excluding players from the team such as TO, Dez and now Irving. So it's gotta be him.

Although I will defend JG on this one. Irving has been nothing but a headache and if he doesn't think his absence because of weed hasn't been an issue then he is an even a bigger moron then I thought.

I thought I remember reading JG was one of the last supporters of Dez's return/remaining in Dallas. Maybe I'm off on that. 

Frankly, I could see it being any number of the coaching staff or front office. I'm about 100% sure Stephen Jones was the catalyst for Dez's release. I can very easily see him being behind this. Marinelli and Richard don't exactly strike me as the types who will just sweep the constant drama under the rug either. 

My guess is there is way more at play here than "zero off the field issues" as Irving stated. Teams typically don't completely wash their hands of really talented players for no reason. 

29 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I thought I remember reading JG was one of the last supporters of Dez's return/remaining in Dallas. Maybe I'm off on that. 

Frankly, I could see it being any number of the coaching staff or front office. I'm about 100% sure Stephen Jones was the catalyst for Dez's release. I can very easily see him being behind this. Marinelli and Richard don't exactly strike me as the types who will just sweep the constant drama under the rug either. 

My guess is there is way more at play here than "zero off the field issues" as Irving stated. Teams typically don't completely wash their hands of really talented players for no reason. 

Staff Member and controversial were the words he used.

No one on the staff has been more controversial then Garrett besides Linehan and he has nothing to do with the defense. I'm positive it was him.

8 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Staff Member and controversial were the words he used.

No one on the staff has been more controversial then Garrett besides Linehan and he has nothing to do with the defense. I'm positive it was him.

Controversial is not a word I'd associate with JG, but either way, like you said, it's the right move. Regardless who made the call.

Archived