NFL QBS 2019

Xristof

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Even then, there's no correlation between weight and success.

For sure, but there is concern that he couldn't hold up at his current weight if he's in the 180's. He could be a fantastic quarterback, but if he can't stay on the field, it's all for naught.

That being said, we have no idea why some people hold up at lower weights and guys at higher weights get nicked up. Antonio Brown was similar in the 180's, and so far as I can remember,he's never been seriously hurt, and obviously he's taken some punches. Meanwhile AJ Green was 25 pounds heavier and has had several injuries throughout his career. Could just be as simple as genetics, which we would have no way to really account for. You just have to take the chance. 

23 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I hear Lock is a Carr clone. Any truth to this?

Definitely some truth to that.  Same live arm with easy velocity, erratic skittish footwork and a bit of "tunnel vision" under pressure, kinda hit or miss decision-making.  Visually look really similar to me in the way they play.  Think Lock might be a bit more athletic, but less polished than Carr coming out.  Really similar overall though imo.

On 1/23/2019 at 1:12 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

I hear Lock is a Carr clone. Any truth to this?

That's a pretty good comparison. They both play similarly, but I think Carr was more consistent at Fresno State. Carr had 1-2 atrocious WTF games, but he was steadily very good if you exclude the random outliers. Lock is less consistent with his excellent performances.

41 minutes ago, tom cody said:

No Dwayne Haskins? From what I've been reading he's probably going to be the 1st QB picked this year.

He is the tallest midget. Next years QB class seems more promising, and then the following year TL will have Teams Tanking for Trevor.

On 1/23/2019 at 2:48 PM, Forge said:

For sure, but there is concern that he couldn't hold up at his current weight if he's in the 180's. He could be a fantastic quarterback, but if he can't stay on the field, it's all for naught.

That being said, we have no idea why some people hold up at lower weights and guys at higher weights get nicked up. Antonio Brown was similar in the 180's, and so far as I can remember,he's never been seriously hurt, and obviously he's taken some punches. Meanwhile AJ Green was 25 pounds heavier and has had several injuries throughout his career. Could just be as simple as genetics, which we would have no way to really account for. You just have to take the chance. 

Good points. He's also listed at 195 for whatever that's worth. There are a lot of RBs who have taken a ton of punishment at around 5'10, 195 lbs. We'll get the full picture at the combine.

Archived