Rivera, Halladay, Martinez, & Mussina elected to HoF

Forge

4 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Bonds and Schillng get in next year hopefully.

This year clinched that neither will get in within the 15 year window. There is enough of a fraction of the voters who aren't going to share their votes and won't vote for Bonds/Clemens that getting to the 75% mark is near impossible. Schilling has torpedoed his own campaign by being a moron, and while it's easier to see him getting in than Bonds/Clemens, he's making zero progress and digging his heel in deeper.

28 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This year clinched that neither will get in within the 15 year window. There is enough of a fraction of the voters who aren't going to share their votes and won't vote for Bonds/Clemens that getting to the 75% mark is near impossible. Schilling has torpedoed his own campaign by being a moron, and while it's easier to see him getting in than Bonds/Clemens, he's making zero progress and digging his heel in deeper.

And watch papi get in on the first ballot...

14 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Such horsecrap that Schilling got more votes than Bonds and Clemens. What a joke.

They should all get in, so a pragmatic voter is going to vote for the ones that are most likely to get in just to start clearing space on a ballot that has somewhere around 20 guys worthy of induction. Piddling over who got 55% or who got 65% is secondary to the absolutely absurd nature of this ballot. 

Lance Berkman just got knocked off the ballot entirely on try #1. 56 career WAR, 144 career wRC+, one shot. That's ******* crazy.

22 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

They should all get in, so a pragmatic voter is going to vote for the ones that are most likely to get in just to start clearing space on a ballot that has somewhere around 20 guys worthy of induction. Piddling over who got 55% or who got 65% is secondary to the absolutely absurd nature of this ballot. 

Lance Berkman just got knocked off the ballot entirely on try #1. 56 career WAR, 144 career wRC+, one shot. That's ******* crazy.

Omar Vizquel had more votes than Rolen, Berkman, and Helton combined.

I knew Helton would get shafted. You could put Mike Trout in Coors Field and he'll get automatically dismissed by HOF writers.

59 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Idk I feel like there are probably a bunch of people who want to 'make them wait' but when it comes down to their last shot at induction there will be a huge push.  My money is still on they will both get elected.

And its 10 years now.  So theyve got 3 more shots. 

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Omar Vizquel had more votes than Rolen, Berkman, and Helton combined.

I knew Helton would get shafted. You could put Mike Trout in Coors Field and he'll get automatically dismissed by HOF writers.

I mean tbf if you put Mike Trout in Coors field he'd hit .400 with 80 homers every year, so theyd have a hard time keeping him out.

Archived