Is Jared Goff the best young QB (under 30) in the NFL?

tyler735

25 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Perfect I'm glad you don't care about this thread you deem as "trolling" for some reason, and have taken the time out of your day to post in it several times...Since you don't care and stuff.

I enjoy reading and discussing football. If this wasn't trolling then I am not sure what it is. The top responses were some combination of "no", "lol", "you just want to troll Rams fans?". I think that tells us all we need to know about the intentions of this thread.

5 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I enjoy reading and discussing football. If this wasn't trolling then I am not sure what it is.

A thread asking if Goff is the top young QB under 30.

The top responses were some combination of "no", "lol", "you just want to troll Rams fans?". I think that tells us all we need to know about the intentions of this thread.

That doesn't tell us anything. That tells us what other users posted, but nothing of my intentions of this thread asking if Goff is the best QB under 30, which has been debated in the past several pages. Now lets please try to get this legitimate thread back on track so we can discuss the question at hand. Thx.

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

That doesn't tell us anything. That tells us what other users posted, but nothing of my intentions of this thread.

The others responses don't. You then interjecting with saying how pleased you are with the way the thread is going does tell us that. 

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

The others responses don't. You then interjecting with saying how pleased you are with the way the thread is going does tell us that. 

It tells us that my "bias" wasn't getting in the way of making a sound opinion on Goff that seems to match the general consensus of opinions of how Goff compares to other young QB's such as Mahomes. So yes I like how this thread has evolved.

1 hour ago, Buckweath said:

I mean did Brady even play better than Mahomes? I don't think so.

Brady was definitely the better QB that day, at least the way I see it. He was damn near flawless aside from his goal line INT, which I thought was more of a poor play call and a great play by Ragland. While Mahomes first 6-7 balls were discouraging, to say the least, until things settled down for him. He also took a handful of negative plays/sacks trying to do too much. For example, Mahomes took a sack on 3rd and 9 which put them out of field goal range. And then on 1st and 10 before the half Van Noy was bearing down on him in the pocket and instead of throwing it away he tried escaping to his right, fumbled, and potentially let the Patriots put up 7/3 with 20 seconds left in the half. He just took too many sacks for my liking when the play he wanted wasn't there. I think with more maturity we see those plays less frequently, which will just make him a better all around player. Having said that, what makes a special player like Mahomes so great is the boom/bust potential on those broken plays. He can either do the spectacular or set you back.

2 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Brady was definitely the better QB that day, at least the way I see it. He was damn near flawless aside from his goal line INT, which I thought was more of a poor play call and a great play by Ragland. While Mahomes first 6-7 balls were discouraging, to say the least, until things settled down for him. He also took a handful of negative plays/sacks trying to do too much. For example, Mahomes took a sack on 3rd and 9 which put them out of field goal range. And then on 1st and 10 before the half Van Noy was bearing down on him in the pocket and instead of throwing it away he tried escaping to his right, fumbled, and potentially let the Patriots put up 7/3 with 20 seconds left in the half. He just took too many sacks for my liking when the play he wanted wasn't there. I think with more maturity we see those plays less frequently, which will just make him a better all around player. Having said that, what makes a special player like Mahomes so great is the boom/bust potential on those broken plays. He can either do the spectacular or set you back.

I would agree with most of you say if not for the fact that you do not seem to take into account that the Pats defense was much better than the Chiefs'.

The Pats were creating great pressure on Mahomes.

The Chiefs defense was horrendous at times and overall was just poor.

On 1/23/2019 at 4:56 PM, ET80 said:

Easy there, playboy. Winning is still new in LA, this is year two of a two year winning streak. Lest we forget the Rams were pretty bad for a while. 

You could say that McVay isn't going anywhere and this will last forever - but that's what 49ers fans said when Jim Harbaugh and Colin Kaepernick were doing big things.

How'd that work out for them long term?

When you're talking about LA, it's spelled "playboi."  Get it right, ET, you know better than this.

Archived