Is Jared Goff the best young QB (under 30) in the NFL?

tyler735

Just now, Jakuvious said:

....you know what a forum is for, right?

I think you may have the wrong idea of what a forum is for. 

It’s not only for debating. It’s supposed to be informational, for networking, debating, and in some cases, creating a petition that gets national recognition which subsequently puts pressure on a referee to  miss a blatant call 

9 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

So Goff is not as good because he has a good supporting cast around him. And Mahomes is elite while Goff isn’t ? 

No “wow” throws? Got it.  No point in going back and forth since you haven’t been watching that many games 

muahahahaha!

Move over Saints fans! We have a new king of the homers on the board.

plz stop. I'd imagine Rams fans are annoyed with you

7 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

The 49ers looked special but they didn't look like a dynasty. You need a great QB for that

LOL and the Rams do?

Way more people were talking about that 49er team being a dynasty than anyone will about this Rams team that is positioned to be butt touched by the Patriots in the Super Bowl...a Super Bowl that the Rams don't even really belong in.

I like the Rams, but you are making me root against them because of crazy takes like this.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

The best part about Mahomes and Goff is they are only going to get better. 

I am not so sure about that.

Mahomes this season was nearly as good as the best QBs in the history in their prime.

It doesn't get much better than that.

I am sure people thought Dan Marino would become better after his second season in 1984 but he could never repeat that season statistically and not sure he was ever as good again regardless of the stats. I could be wrong though on the latter part.

27 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

I am not so sure about that.

Mahomes this season was nearly as good as the best QBs in the history in their prime.

It doesn't get much better than that.

I am sure people thought Dan Marino would become better after his second season in 1984 but he could never repeat that season statistically and not sure he was ever as good again regardless of the stats. I could be wrong though on the latter part.

Mahomes can make improvements without them showing up as much statically. If you didn't watch Goff at all the past 2 years and just went to the stats it would look like he had fairly even years in 2017 and 2018. The stats there are deceiving. He was a lot better in 2018.

I think Mahomes will be similar as he gains experience. It might be awhile before he does 50/5000 again but I think we should see him evolve through additional reps and experience. I never saw Marino so cannot say much on him but he also had drug issues IIRC so I think Mahomes won't stagnate like he may have.

12 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Mahomes can make improvements without them showing up as much statically. If you didn't watch Goff at all the past 2 years and just went to the stats it would look like he had fairly even years in 2017 and 2018. The stats there are deceiving. He was a lot better in 2018.

I think Mahomes will be similar as he gains experience. It might be awhile before he does 50/5000 again but I think we should see him evolve through additional reps and experience. I never saw Marino so cannot say much on him but he also had drug issues IIRC so I think Mahomes won't stagnate like he may have.

Just my opinion but I don't think some people realize how good Mahomes was this year.

I watched every game.

He was outstanding in every sense of the word.

He beat Drew Brees to the MVP in Bree's best year as an NFL QB.

11 hours ago, ET80 said:
11 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

To go in to NOLA and win without any semblance of a ground game is crazy.

Nick Foles was a Alshon Jeffrey tipped pass away from doing the exact same thing... So while it's impressive, we nearly saw it last week from a high end backup QB.

To go in to NOLA and win without any semblance of the right call being made is also crazy. ;) 

Archived