NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

1 minute ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

I feel like someone (Atlanta, Jacksonville) is going to overpay for Burton and we're going to have to let him walk. 

yea me too

would it be worth putting a transitional tag or something like that on him?

see if we can get a pick? 

can we even do that?

Some people are gonna question me including RB in there, but hear me out....

A RB could definitely be BPA at the end of the 1st. Plus, I think the Eagles will LOVE the likes of Derrius Guice (if he slips that far) and Ronald Jones.

Also, remember Blount is a free agent this off-season and Ajayi is a free agent next off-season.

That leaves Corey Clement as the only RB under contract in 2019 and that's the last year (UDFAs only are signed for 3 years) of his rookie deal.

If we let Blount walk this year and bring in a top end talent like Jones or Guice that would give us a three headed monster to unleash again.

Then, we can comfortably let Ajayi walk in FA next off-season which would probably be a smart move considering the concerns around his knees long term and the money he'll probably command coming off a full season running behind a really good Eagles o-line.

Slap a 2nd rd tender on Clement (RFA) in 2020 to keep the cheap duo of Guice/Clement or Jones/Clement going -> Profit!!!

10 minutes ago, Phire said:

Think the team still likes Smallwood

I don't know about that.

12 minutes ago, Phire said:

they'll probably give Pump a shot too

A shot to make the roster? Sure.

I doubt they are looking to use him much as a runner though.

14 minutes ago, Phire said:

With that being said, those type of players shouldn't stop you from adding talent at RB.

Correct.

39 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Some people are gonna question me including RB in there, but hear me out....

A RB could definitely be BPA at the end of the 1st. Plus, I think the Eagles will LOVE the likes of Derrius Guice (if he slips that far) and Ronald Jones.

Also, remember Blount is a free agent this off-season and Ajayi is a free agent next off-season.

That leaves Corey Clement as the only RB under contract in 2019 and that's the last year (UDFAs only are signed for 3 years) of his rookie deal.

If we let Blount walk this year and bring in a top end talent like Jones or Guice that would give us a three headed monster to unleash again.

Then, we can comfortably let Ajayi walk in FA next off-season which would probably be a smart move considering the concerns around his knees long term and the money he'll probably command coming off a full season running behind a really good Eagles o-line.

Slap a 2nd rd tender on Clement (RFA) in 2020 to keep the cheap duo of Guice/Clement or Jones/Clement going -> Profit!!!

It makes sense...don't have to force it but it makes a lotta sense.

Saw Guice falling in some mocks and thought about that happening

Like Ajayi..but those Knees do seem like a ticking time bomb...hard to put long term money on him even if we had comfortable room under the cap

We need to bring in an RB most likely. Blount is gone, Smallwood is clearly not a fit here, and Sproles is old and hurt. If the team thinks Sproles is good to be our 3rd down guy, I am 100% good with him, Clement, and Ajayi going forward though.

Have I mentioned how much I love Sony Michel :D

6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Have I mentioned how much I love Sony Michel :D

I like Sony a lot too, but think I'd have Jones ahead of him as he's more of a home run hitter and is also 2.5 years younger.

Ronald won't turn 21 until after the draft just like Derek and Sidney last year.

6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I am 100% good with him, Clement, and Ajayi going forward though.

Going forward until when? Ajayi's contract will be up and he'll surely be looking for big money, and even if Sproles comes back next year I can't imagine he's got 2 more productive years in him. It's a deep year for RB, if they can get a guy now in the mid rounds I think they do it. 

Some mid-late round guys I'd be into:

Rashad Penny 5'11 224- I love this guy, but everyone else seems to think he's a really flawed player so he may be around in the 4th-5th.
Mark Walton 5'9 205- Conversely, this site is in love with this dude but he's got an injury history. Explosive player though.
Josh Adams 6'2 225- Straight line runner with some burst for a bigger guy.
John Kelly 5'9 212- Underused at UT, doesn't do anything incredible, but does everything well and is built like a brick.
Akrum Wadley- 5'11 190- Undersized guy, but very good receiver who has the potential of a Rex Burkhead type.
Darrel Williams 6'1 229- Read a blurb about him a couple days ago, did some digging and he's worth a late round flier. Played behind legit pro RB's at LSU but is very talented.

Archived