Leisher's 2019 Mock draft 1-29-19. (Outside the box)

jleisher

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Hockenson is not Gronk

Gronk isn't Gronk.... I see George Kittle but a better version. Give me that 6 days a week and twice on Sunday over Gronk even in his prime. Hock will test well just wait and see.

On 1/29/2019 at 1:16 PM, 66fan said:

I agree but we are comparing probably the number 5 DE to the number 1 TE PLUS the number 2 Guard. 2 positions for 1, not 1 for 1

Right, but a good DE is still worth significantly more than a good TE + OG.  I'd take a stud DE over a TE1 + LG + RG, to be honest.

On 1/29/2019 at 2:28 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why does everybody want to trade back for a Guard and Tight End?

Because we're terrible at both positions.  Pretty easily the 2 worst positions on offense.  very little talent with no future for the position.  It's Taylor, Graham and  a couple of players that would struggle to make another roster in the NFL.  That's a lot of snaps for bottom of the roster/ practice squad caliber players.  

On 1/29/2019 at 4:20 PM, cannondale said:

I still have huge reservations with Hockenson. Looks clunky to me. Doesn't look like a good enough athlete for the next level. Maybe the combine will change my mind

Didn't see that.  Hockenson looked every bit as athletic as George Kittle did while he was at Iowa and there isn't a TE in the league that looks as good as Kittle right now.  He might not grade out quite as fast but I think he's going to surprise you athletically.  

13 minutes ago, SSG said:

Because we're terrible at both positions.  Pretty easily the 2 worst positions on offense.  very little talent with no future for the position.  It's Taylor, Graham and  a couple of players that would struggle to make another roster in the NFL.  That's a lot of snaps for bottom of the roster/ practice squad caliber players.  

So sign cheap stop-gap veterans, or spend mid round picks. Quit spending freaking premium picks on the least valuable positions. 

14 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So sign cheap stop-gap veterans, or spend mid round picks. Quit spending freaking premium picks on the least valuable positions. 

We haven't though.  Matter of fact we've done the opposite.  Over the last 3 years we've signed 5 free agent TEs and 3 Free agent guards without spending one single draft pick on either position.  Despite all these moves, the positions are still major thorns in the side of the offense.  Maybe it's time we invest some draft capital into the positions instead of constantly trying to fix them every offseason with bad free agent signings.  The annual bandaids aren't working.  Our offense functioned at it's best when we had quality guards and uber talented pass catchers.   

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

We haven't though.  Matter of fact we've done the opposite.  Over the last 3 years we've signed 5 free agent TEs and 3 Free agent guards without spending one single draft pick on either position.  Despite all these moves, the positions are still major thorns in the side of the offense.  Maybe it's time we invest some draft capital into the positions instead of constantly trying to fix them every offseason with bad free agent signings.  The annual bandaids aren't working.  Our offense functioned at it's best when we had quality guards and uber talented pass catchers.   

That HC and offense are no longer here.

5 minutes ago, SSG said:

TE has not been a thorn in the side of the offense for 2 of the last 3 years. Graham and Cook were both solid.

As far as having 1 below average guard, 1 below average guard should not be pushing an offense from 1st to 15th. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

TE has not been a thorn in the side of the offense for 2 of the last 3 years. Graham and Cook were both solid.

As far as having 1 below average guard, 1 below average guard should not be pushing an offense from 1st to 15th. 

We'll agree to disagree.  Cook missed a bunch of the season and was less productive than Richard Rodgers was in the previous season.  We've went round and round about Jimmy Graham who was basically a 3 catch for 30 yard per game pass catcher last year that was as bad of a blocker as the NFL has too offer.  

It's been worse than just one below average Guard.  Taylor isn't much more than average and the revolving door of free agents have been a lot worse than that.  One thing for sure, continuing to ignore the position and picking players off the bottom of the NFL scrap heap isn't working as it's pretty clear that our offense is regressing at a very quick pace.

The rinse and repeat method isn't working for either position.  

12 minutes ago, SSG said:

We'll agree to disagree.  Cook missed a bunch of the season and was less productive than Richard Rodgers was in the previous season.  We've went round and round about Jimmy Graham who was basically a 3 catch for 30 yard per game pass catcher last year that was as bad of a blocker as the NFL has too offer.  

It's been worse than just one below average Guard.  Taylor isn't much more than average and the revolving door of free agents have been a lot worse than that.  One thing for sure, continuing to ignore the position and picking players off the bottom of the NFL scrap heap isn't working as it's pretty clear that our offense is regressing at a very quick pace.

The rinse and repeat method isn't working for either position.  

3.4375/39.75 would be his exact averages. Truly something special to round 39.75 down to 30, almost makes me think you don't care, and just hate Jimmy Graham.

Also worth noting 636 yards WAS 9TH IN THE NFL AMONG TEs.

You are literally hating on top 10 statistical production in a categoy. 

Our offense regressed from elite to average because our QB regressed from elite to average, not because we swapped out Byron Bell for Jahri Evans and Martellus Bennett for Jimmy Graham, get real. 

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

3.4375/39.75 would be his exact averages. Truly something special to round 39.75 down to 30, almost makes me think you don't care, and just hate Jimmy Graham.

Also worth noting 636 yards WAS 9TH IN THE NFL AMONG TEs.

You are literally hating on top 10 statistical production in a categoy. 

Our offense regressed from elite to average because our QB regressed from elite to average, not because we swapped out Byron Bell for Jahri Evans and Martellus Bennett for Jimmy Graham, get real. 

I said he was "basically" a 3 catch for 30 yard receiver.  That comment comes from the fact that Graham had 10 games last year where he had 3 catches for 30 yards or less.  10 GAMES!  That is the vast majority of the season.   Has nothing to do with hate for the player.  I call it like I  seen it and there was absolutely nothing impressive about his 2018 season.  He's the highest paid TE in NFL history and gave the offense very little production for most of the season despite seeing a massive snap count.  He was #2 among pass catchers in both snaps and targets yet provided very quality games.  He was easily the least productive #2 target since Mike McCarthy took over the team.  In a year where we had very little healthy WR talent he still was completely irrelevant. 

You make what ever excuse you want.  If you think Aaron Rodgers was the only issue on offense more power to you.  If having a terrible QB is our issue, all the drafts in the world isn't going to fix this team in a timely manner.  

19 minutes ago, SSG said:

I said he was "basically" a 3 catch for 30 yard receiver.  That comment comes from the fact that Graham had 10 games last year where he had 3 catches for 30 yards or less.  10 GAMES!  That is the vast majority of the season.   Has nothing to do with hate for the player.  I call it like I  seen it and there was absolutely nothing impressive about his 2018 season.  He's the highest paid TE in NFL history and gave the offense very little production for most of the season despite seeing a massive snap count.  He was #2 among pass catchers in both snaps and targets yet provided very quality games.  He was easily the least productive #2 target since Mike McCarthy took over the team.  In a year where we had very little healthy WR talent he still was completely irrelevant. 

You make what ever excuse you want.  If you think Aaron Rodgers was the only issue on offense more power to you.  If having a terrible QB is our issue, all the drafts in the world isn't going to fix this team in a timely manner.  

I wonder if his 5.6 targets per game and single digit redzone targets might have something to do with the fact he was only catching 3.5 balls per game?

That's from one game. There's 50 yards easily left on the table here, from one game. 

https://imgur.com/ldj8AUW

https://imgur.com/1Mq9rbj

giphy.gif

Also, good golly, you're not going to believe this.

In week's 1-9: Graham was at 33/439/2

Per 16 Games: 59/780/4

In week's 10-16: Graham was at 22/197/0

50/450/0

I wonder if something happened that would cause such a dramatic production difference, some kind of injury perhaps?

Oh right, he broke his ******* thumb!!!

Archived