Texans promote TE coach Tim Kelly to offensive coordinator

TheKillerNacho

11 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

promoting your TE coach to offensive coordinator is in vogue in the afc south this year lol

At least your TE coach is actually good at his job, gives at some hope.  This dude has been failing miserably to develop a TE and now he gets to coordinate an offense.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

When's the last time the Texans had a good TE? Seems like an odd pick

Owen Daniels.

Fun Fact, the TE's coach of the Texans during those years (James Urban) is now the Ravens' QB coach since he came here with Kubiak to be our TE's coach in 2014 and has been here since.

On 2/5/2019 at 1:35 PM, DoleINGout said:

beginning of the end for billy b in houston?

No way jose!

He's led his team to a winning season 4/5 years, has won his division 3/5 years, is responsible for the franchise's only playoff win, and just led the Texans to their second best record of all time this past season! Lock him up another 10 years Gruden style!

I'll say that I like the hiring of Carl Smith as QB coach - he's really done some good work with Russell Wilson, and Deshaun Watson should benefit from such a position coach. 

I'm also intrigued with TJ Yates as an offensive assistant - he always lacked the physical skill to make a long term impact as a starter, but he's got some very special moments as a backup. He did win the first playoff game in Texans history, as a 6th round rookie QB. The locker room will immediately respect Yates, and he's going to bring that football acumen to this team.

We'll see how it goes.

Archived