TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

6 hours ago, Bednarik60 said:

"Conor has never boxed in his life before".... LOL den wut da fooook is dissure as hell isn't Karate or Jiu-Jitsu. 

WideBelatedEmu.gif

Ah yes, Marcus Brimage, the shining light of boxing fundamentals and technique in the MMA world. C'mon man.

Conor is awesome, and everything in me wants him to win. I just don't think he'll even come close. 

13 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Conor is awesome, and everything in me wants him to win. I just don't think he'll even come close. 

Well that is where we disagree. Not even close? hmmm.. One thing to say Floyds the favorite but to say its not even going to be close is a little crazy to me. Specially now with 8 oz gloves. 

In the words of  Conor McGregor,  "Precision beats power, and timing beats speed". 

Floyd is now fighting a bigger guy more powerful guy who is athletic and also quick him self but also calculated and accurate. I think Conor is going to shock the world with his ability to throw accurately on Floyd and dial in Floyds movement and move off Floyd. 

Floyd will figure out Conor in about 4-5 rounds , Conor will figure out Floyd in 1 minute. But once your in the Matrix with Floyd, its going to be a grind and usual fail, hes just going to be in the  Philly shell and go Neo on you. So i think Conor has 4 rounds to do it or yeah Floyd takes it. 

Just now, Bednarik60 said:

Well that is where we disagree. Not even close? hmmm.. One thing to say Floyds the favorite but to say its not even going to be close is a little crazy to me. Specially now with 8 oz gloves. 

In the words of  Conor McGregor,  "Precision beats power, and timing beats speed". 

Floyd is now fighting a bigger guy more powerful guy who is athletic and also quick him self but also calculated and accurate. I think Conor is going to shock the world with his ability to throw accurately on Floyd and dial in Floyds movement and move off Floyd. 

Floyd will figure out Conor in about 4-5 rounds , Conor will figure out Floyd in 1 minute. But once your in the Matrix with Floyd, its going to be a grind and usual fail, hes just going to be in the  Philly shell and go Neo on you. So i think Conor has 4 rounds to do it or yeah Floyd takes it. 

This doesn't really apply to your case when Mayweather is more accurate and has been boxing for 39 of his 40 year life span, so I'm guessing his timing is pretty good. 

I don't know if you're just overestimating what Conor can do or underestimating how good Floyd actually is. Maybe both, I don't know. 

Like I said, I want Conor to win. Go look at Vegas' odds for this. They know he's got no shot. He's gotta get lucky and corner Floyd. Even then, he needs to get lucky again and actually land one of those punches clean. 

7 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Go look at Vegas' odds for this. 

Maybe you should. There changing everyday in Conor's favor. 

When you consider that Mayweather originally opened as high as a -2250 favorite before the fight was official in November (with McGregor at +950), the constant change in odds has been staggering. On the day the fight was announced in June, Mayweather's odds went down to -800, with McGregor coming back at +500. 

According to OddsShark.com, betting Mayweather to win at the current odds provides a better value than every Mayweather fight (with the exception of the Manny Pacquiao and Canelo Alvarez fights) dating back to 2011. 

To better illustrate that point, McGregor is now less of a betting underdog than Mayweather opponents Marcos Maidana (both fights), Miguel Cotto, Zab Judah, Andre Berto and Victor Ortiz. 

https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/news/floyd-mayweather-betting-odds-continue-to-fall-as-conor-mcgregor-picks-up-steam/

1 minute ago, Bednarik60 said:

Yea, that has changed a lot, even since last week. 

Still doesn't change the fact Conor is a lion being dropped into the ocean to take on a great white. Sure, the Lion swims from time to time, but not like this and never against a foe like this. 

33 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Still doesn't change the fact Conor is a lion being dropped into the ocean to take on a great white. Sure, the Lion swims from time to time, but not like this and never against a foe like this. 

He is not tho. Your underestimating Conor big time here. Conor is pound for pound one of the toughest guys on the planet. Gloves off, Conor would kill Floyd, literally kill him, he even said it and Floyd has zero come back to that, cause he knows in his heart Conor is the first guy he has ever came across who could actually kill him in a fight and would. 

Again your underestimating how much stronger and bigger Conor is with out losing any speed or that much quickness to Floyd, i don't know if cause Conor is white that he doesn't get the credit for what type of athlete he is, hes a freak show.  Conor has been boxing his whole life, like i mentioned he doesn't win with Karate or Jiu-Jitsu, Conor boxes guys up. 

Now Conor doesn't have to worry about take downs or kicks or anything him self, he can just focus on his boxing. 

also at the end of the day Boxing is just "tag with consequences"  yeah Floyd has been doing it whole life, but so has Conor just in a different way, Conor is one of the best in the world at playing "tag with consequences" .. to act like some one of Conors caliber striking is not going to touch Floyd is just so absurd. He is, guaranteed and when he lands, Floyd is in for a rude awakening. 

Edited by Bednarik60

18 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

He is not tho. Your underestimating Conor big time here. Conor is pound for pound one of the toughest guys on the planet. Gloves off, Conor would kill Floyd, literally kill him, he even said it and Floyd has zero come back to that, cause he knows in his heart Conor is the first guy he has ever came across who could actually kill him in a fight and would. 

Again your underestimating how much stronger and bigger Conor is with out losing any speed or that much quickness to Floyd, i don't know if cause Conor is white that he doesn't get the credit for what type of athlete he is, hes a freak show.  Conor has been boxing his whole life, like i mentioned he doesn't win with Karate or Jiu-Jitsu, Conor boxes guys up. 

Now Conor doesn't have to worry about take downs or kicks or anything him self, he can just focus on his boxing

also its just tag at the end of the day with big consequence, yeah Floyd has been doing it whole life, but so had Conor just in a different way, Conor is one of the best in the world at playing "tag with consequences" .. to act like some one of Conors caliber striking is not going to touch Floyd is just so absurd. He is, guaranteed and when he lands, Floyd is in for a rude awakening. 

1. Based on what? You're talking in terms that aren't really measurable, especially in the context of a sport where everyone is expected to hurt someone else. I'm never going to argue how tough McGregor is. I saw him beat Max Holloway decisively after tearing his ACL immediately in that fight. I know he's a bad dude.

2. We don't know that, we haven't seen them anywhere near each other. What can you use to gauge that? I know Conor is fast, but he's also going to be thinking much more than Floyd in the ring. Like in all sports, the more thinking you do, the less reacting you do and you're slower. That's natural.

3. Goes back to my thinking point. Floyd doesn't "just focus" on his boxing. It's all he does. Ever. For 40 years.

4. Sure he'll land, you took my comment too literally. But is he going to land something significant? Unlikely, to me. Again we're just gonna disagree on this. It'll be fun talking about it until then though!