TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

Do your eyes slightly degrade over time still? I've read that a decent amount of the time people will still need reading glasses at some point.

17 minutes ago, Phire said:

Interested in this as well.

You will need reading glasses eventually. But think like Grandpa style. You won't need them for a while. From what I understand, there's nothing that can be done about eventually needing reading glasses. But my eyes are fine from that standpoint. I was severely near sighted. I needed glasses since 5th grade. And like most, hated wearing them because of nerd factor and mainly sports. I played high school basketball with glasses. Was awful. 

My eyes are slipping though. They are def not as crisp as they were. But I went through Kremer, which is a lifetime guarantee so they'll touch me up if I need it. But you can't keep going back because of scar tissue. After a while, they can't keep cutting into the eye, it becomes a health issue. 

13 minutes ago, marky_b27 said:

When I had it, they had like 25 years of data.  By the time I've had it for 25 years, I don't mind if I need to have to wear glasses.

I keep hearing how improved it is, but also that some are hesitant to laser eyes that will continue to naturally deteriorate. My vision was solid until now, and I'm guessing it'll keep getting worse, so maybe they won't let me do it. I don't mind struggling with contacts for a while.

17 minutes ago, marky_b27 said:

I didn't have to wear goggles, though had to tape on some plastic dishes onto my face so I didn't poke my eye whilst I slept.

They have me pinholed googles. I used them directly after the surgery and was supposed to keep them on for the first 24 hours. And only open my eyes through the goggles, through the pinholes to eat and go to the bathroom. Essentially, only when I HAD to. Was supposed to keep the goggles on as I slept because of the possible night time rubbing (Not crotchal) for a week. But I didn't do any of that I don't think. I watched a Rutgers football game on tv that same night. lol 

But I was young and dumb. 

The vision now is slightly askew but nothing id ever complain about and wellllll worth the money and hassle. 

1 minute ago, Phire said:

Nah was just making a joke, I'd rather go blind and swing for the fences than wear rec specs lol

I sat here for a second and re-read your post. Feel real dumb now. I wasted a perfectly placed moist joke. 

• Like 1