TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

2 minutes ago, Phire said:

Can't say off the top of my head. I use 60s so not pushing the limits there lol. They definitely at least have 75s, maybe 90s. I don't go there anymore and it's been a while.

Well that is solid. 

Unless your gorilla strong like @EaglesFan5-36-81, us norms probably wont ever need anything over 70's. 

Edited by Bednarik60

I went to one when I was in college because it was cheaper than the on campus one. They get a bad rep because of the lunk rule and the pizza parties, but they aren’t terrible. They’re definitely great for a beginner’s gym. If you get to the point of taking lifting really seriously, you should find a place with more free weights, but getting started or just using it to get in shape, the value is great. 

5 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

I been using kettlebells lately at my gym, they are pretty awesome, they are odd and make you work mechanically different, but in a way you got to use your core and stabalizer muscles a lot. 

When CrossFit first got huge, I swear I saw so many people who jumped on the craze get injured because they used kettlebells without having any idea what they were doing. They’re awesome if you know what you’re doing and use proper form, but they have gotta be the easiest way to stupid yourself into a major muscle injury. 

18 minutes ago, iPwn said:

When CrossFit first got huge, I swear I saw so many people who jumped on the craze get injured because they used kettlebells without having any idea what they were doing. They’re awesome if you know what you’re doing and use proper form, but they have gotta be the easiest way to stupid yourself into a major muscle injury. 

I couldn't agree more. 

No one one should do anything swinging with them or any weight. All that swinging is what F's people up.  Its like the first thing you learn in weight training/power lifting/bodybuilding... 

Like this crap is begging for a injury. 

200.gif

I do traditional exercises with them like lateral raises, curls, rows, lunges, squats. But because of the handle and they move around a little bit, it brings a unique challenge to those traditional exercises and brings in more core and stabalizer muscles. 

Edited by Bednarik60

I can't stand gym bro who lives and dies by deadlifting , squating and benching and hates on machines and isolation exercise, carries a F%^& gym bag and a gallon of water around, yeah lunks suck and they shouldn't be invited to Pizza Parties with normal sane human beings. 

34 minutes ago, Hammertime52 said:

i wear those all the time

But only when i go swimming, to the beach, bike riding, or doing any outside exercises. Never to the gym.

Yeah you get a pass though since you're from jersey.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bednarik60 said:

Well that is solid. 

Unless your gorilla strong like @EaglesFan5-36-81, us norms probably wont ever need anything over 70's. 

Awww shucks ❤️ Ya @Bednarik60

IPF is very hit or miss, like Phire said it's a franchise. The biggest issue I have with the ones around me are there are no free weights just smith machines. While they're a terrific price of equipment you're not using your stabilizer muscles. For instance my weakest lift is my bench press. Flat bench on a smith machine I can hit 3 plates for 3 minimum, I can't hit that for one on a flat. That said I've been to one in Florida where they had free weights and were very lenient on the "lunk alarm". It just all depends on the owner of that specific franchise.

Im old school, give me a bucket of chalk and let me toss some weights around. I may let out a grunt every now and then but that just means you're pushing yourself to your limit. Don't be a moaner Lisa and squeal every rep of every set, then you deserve to have a 45 lb plate tossed at your head like a frisbee...