TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

Just now, TankWilliams said:

I would be very surprised if the Bears went the defensive route, but if they did, I certainly think Schwartz would be on the list.  

I know its hard to gauge what coaches and players really think based on how they portray themselves in the media, but have other coaches and players given Reich a lot of praise that seems like its deserved and more than just the traditional "Yeah, I think he's great at his job" sort of reply?

Don't know if anyone else on here could answer better, but most of the praise given to the coaching staff in regards to QB play is that Wentz was surrounded by a 3-headed monster of Pederson/Reich/DeFilippo to aid development. To my understanding, a team or two may have inquired about his availability last offseason, but he obviously ended up staying. It would not surprise me if his name is mentioned again this year too. 

Evan Engram wins OROY

Browns win 7 games

Mariota leads league in passer rating

49ers start the season 3-1

Ben Roethlisberger plays his last game mid season

Marlon Mack has over 1000 total yards

NFC standings:

1. Giants 2. Packers 3. Buccaneers 4. Seahawks 5. Eagles 6. Panthers

AFC standings:

1. Patriots 2. Raiders 3. Titans 4. Bengals 5. Texans 6. Steelers

Giants vs Patriots Superbowl = 3LI

0/9

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

Random people talking to you is why this country is so entertaining. In England it's very much head down and don't make eye contact. I was in the supermarket the other day wearing an eagles hat and had a good 10 minute talk with a Panthers fan and a Steelers fan in the meat aisle. We came to the correct agreement that the Eagles are the best and went on with our lives. 

Until that time i went down south near the border to visit family and could feel the murderous intent when wearing my eagles gear. Never before did i go outside expecting to get stabbed just for wearing a different football team

So apparently my alma meter, Arizona State, is on the verge of hiring Herm freaking Edwards as our next HC. 

WTF??? Why is it so difficult for some schools ,and NFL teams as well really, to learn from past mistakes when hiring head coaches? Or even to just properly evaluate them and hire promising coaches? Instead, we see the same guys getting hired all the time, with no creativity or outside the box thinking....

Edwards is like 62 years old, has never even head coached a collegiate program, and is apparently planning on just retaining the same staff that's already in place. Does he even know how to recruit? Honestly. Ugh. Pisses me off so much. Sumlin is the most obvious choice here, and he would have been such an improvement over the bozos weve had like Koetter, Errickson, and Graham.....

The NFL is even more baffling. Teams just continue to hire and re-hire the same guys, essentially recycling through them. Which is why there aren't very many good or great NFL head coaches atm. I can count on one, MAYBE, two hands tops. 

They hire coordinators who have success, then most of them aren't fit to be head coaches, so they return to being coordinators, end up doing great as coordinators (because they're best suited as an assistant coach!!!), and then teams start to hire them again. Heck, we have two coordinators here that are good examples of this in Reich and Schwartz. Schwartz is a top 3 defensive coordinator, no doubt. But he's not suited to be a head coach. Same with Reich. 

15 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

Random people talking to you is why this country is so entertaining. In England it's very much head down and don't make eye contact. I was in the supermarket the other day wearing an eagles hat and had a good 10 minute talk with a Panthers fan and a Steelers fan in the meat aisle. We came to the correct agreement that the Eagles are the best and went on with our lives. 

That doesn't actually happen everywhere. Las vegas no one will talk to you in public. But in Reno they will. Depends on the place and if the people are considered "nice" or not as a whole. 

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:
15 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

That doesn't actually happen everywhere. Las vegas no one will talk to you in public. But in Reno they will. Depends on the place and if the people are considered "nice" or not as a whole. 

The big cities suck. Smaller cities and rural areas people are nicer and approachable. I was wearing a FSU hat today and talked to some kid at the gym about Jimbo for like 15 minutes.

5 hours ago, BAConrad said:

So apparently my alma meter, Arizona State, is on the verge of hiring Herm freaking Edwards as our next HC. 

WTF??? Why is it so difficult for some schools ,and NFL teams as well really, to learn from past mistakes when hiring head coaches? Or even to just properly evaluate them and hire promising coaches? Instead, we see the same guys getting hired all the time, with no creativity or outside the box thinking....

Edwards is like 62 years old, has never even head coached a collegiate program, and is apparently planning on just retaining the same staff that's already in place. Does he even know how to recruit? Honestly. Ugh. Pisses me off so much. Sumlin is the most obvious choice here, and he would have been such an improvement over the bozos weve had like Koetter, Errickson, and Graham.....

The NFL is even more baffling. Teams just continue to hire and re-hire the same guys, essentially recycling through them. Which is why there aren't very many good or great NFL head coaches atm. I can count on one, MAYBE, two hands tops. 

They hire coordinators who have success, then most of them aren't fit to be head coaches, so they return to being coordinators, end up doing great as coordinators (because they're best suited as an assistant coach!!!), and then teams start to hire them again. Heck, we have two coordinators here that are good examples of this in Reich and Schwartz. Schwartz is a top 3 defensive coordinator, no doubt. But he's not suited to be a head coach. Same with Reich. 

Its not just american football @BAConrad

The managers appointed in the Premier League mid season have been the usual group of has beens