The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

5 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I don't think anyone is sleeping on Tevin Coleman - however, he's probably going to get overpaid and I'd rather we not be the team to do that. 

I don't see him getting overpaid. The market for his position is extremely saturated with this years draft and FA class so it's pretty undervalued. His mileage is super low too for a 25 year old back and he would be a perfect fit for our offense. I would pay 7-8 mil a year on a short term deal for him for sure.

12 hours ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

I don't see him getting overpaid. The market for his position is extremely saturated with this years draft and FA class so it's pretty undervalued. His mileage is super low too for a 25 year old back and he would be a perfect fit for our offense. I would pay 7-8 mil a year on a short term deal for him for sure.

There's no reason for us to give him 7M-8M though. If he's getting a contract similar to what Dion Lewis got last year then I'm all about it - however, if he's closer to the 30M-32M range I'd rather we stay away. It's not worth it for a situational back. 

40 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

My man howie bout to give us the best WR in the league???

I’m guessing a 2nd and change? His contract is pretty reasonable. It seems like he’s jus looking for some guaranteed money so Howie can just rework his current contract and give him a big bonus plus maybe a year or so more to spread out the money. Trade/cut Aggy and Brown's only making 3M more than him. Hollins should be able to step up, although not sure if he can play slot. Only really seen him on the outside. But again, I’m expecting to see a lot of Ertz out in the slot this year to get both TEs on the field. But it looks like it would work logistically. Just as long as Howie can dump him in a year or two without it being a disaster just in case he’s a problem. 

Player wise- roughly, Lamar Jackson and a late pick for Dallas Goedert and Antonio Brown? 

Money wise- subtract Agholor +3M, add Brown?

Looks like a steal to me. 

10 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

No way...the Steelers have no leverage. They won’t hold onto him all year...I’d offer a conditional 2020 

Why wouldn’t they? They did it with Bell. And really, they are going to take a HUGE cap hit by trading him. It would be in their interests, financially, to just have him sit out and eventually retire. If the Steelers don’t get decent compensation, they’ll just let him rot. 

58 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Why wouldn’t they? They did it with Bell. And really, they are going to take a HUGE cap hit by trading him. It would be in their interests, financially, to just have him sit out and eventually retire. If the Steelers don’t get decent compensation, they’ll just let him rot. 

I don’t think they can withstand a PR hit back to back years like that. I think eventually they’ll take something once the well dries up. 

TO was able to get released, why wouldn’t they be forced to do the same? 

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

I don’t think they can withstand a PR hit back to back years like that. I think eventually they’ll take something once the well dries up. 

TO was able to get released, why wouldn’t they be forced to do the same? 

He’s not playing for them either way. I don’t think there’s any PR hit to take. He’s made his bed. He doesn’t want to be there. I think everyone understands. You can’t just give the guy away for a 4th and take a 20M hit. There’s already been talk that they’re not getting a 1st, which was their initial asking price, so it is going down. But it’d be bad business to take that kind of a hit for such a bad return. They can just keep him rostered, let him stay home and keep his money. The Steelers hold all the cards. He’s got three more years left. I’m not eating 20M because you’re a malcontent. He’ll be 33 or 34 once he hits free agency. Good luck finding any money after not playing for 3 years at 34. 

49 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I think brown would be a terrible culture fit here no way will he be ok with tight ends being thrown the ball as much as we throw to them.

Well it would be the first time Wentz would have a dynamic WR on the outside. Maybe he’d be his go to guy. 

Archived