Who gets in Hall of Fame 1st of 2004 QB Class?

x0x

Hall of Fame QBs  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets in 1st?

• Eli Manning
    • Ben Roethlisberger
    • Philip Rivers

41 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Just to clear up how crazy your guys stance is; if next year Rivers has another top 3 season,  makes the probowl but wins the MVP or gets all pro. He goes from a long shot to a HOFer to you, because of 1 season?

He’d still wait a long time and there’s a chance he might not make it. But he’d have a chance.

He’s not a long shot now. He has no shot 

32 minutes ago, lancerman said:

He’d still wait a long time and there’s a chance he might not make it. But he’d have a chance.

He’s not a long shot now. He has no shot 

Ok guy, its obvious you are just all over the place. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but its clear you have 0 solid argument. Carry on.

8 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yes.

Have you ever forgot he was a Manning? Yeah....... the voters won't either. Despite how mediocre he has been his entire career.

???

Another Giants QB says hi.

I don't think you know what this word means......

No, being related to Peyton Manning shouldn't be a reason for Eli to enter the HOF.   He and every other player should get in on his merits alone.   The real question is does Eli have the stats to be considered for this honor?   His 2 rings might be all he needs.  But to suggest a player get in because of his brother's accomplishments should not be a qualifier to be enshrined.

2 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Ok guy, its obvious you are just all over the place. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but its clear you have 0 solid argument. Carry on.

I never gave you the benefit of the doubt.  Your arguments were terrible and really had no relevance on what HOF voters have consistently voted on.

It was blatantly obvious from the beginning that you were just a Chargers fan arguing for your guy than legitimately taking an objectively look at it. I would rather see Rivers in more than Ben or Eli. He’s just not going to be 

10 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I never gave you the benefit of the doubt.  Your arguments were terrible and really had no relevance on what HOF voters have consistently voted on.

It was blatantly obvious from the beginning that you were just a Chargers fan arguing for your guy than legitimately taking an objectively look at it. I would rather see Rivers in more than Ben or Eli. He’s just not going to be 

Yet you been here trying to convince me and others, that your madeup standards are somehow the voters standards, which isnt the case. No matter how hard you try to convince yourself.

Seems in that Gen thread, most everyone posting so far agrees with me. Literally every major media outlet this year that talked about Rivers and HOF, agreed with me. All time statistical volume, consistency and efficiency trends agree with me.

I even used your silly criteria for MVP or All Pro and you still think he isn't a HOF. You'd prolly call him a long shot with a SB ring. Its clear you have some objective here. Not sure who your team is, that might explain why you are in the minority.  But yeah keep doing you even though you are 100% wrong.

2 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Yet you been here trying to convince me and others, that your madeup standards are somehow the voters standards, which isnt the case. No matter how hard you try to convince yourself.

Seems in that Gen thread, most everyone posting so far agrees with me. Literally every major media outlet this year that talked about Rivers and HOF, agreed with me. All time statistical volume, consistency and efficiency trends agree with me.

I even used your silly criteria for MVP or All Pro and you still think he isn't a HOF. You'd prolly call him a long shot with a SB ring. Its clear you have some objective here. Not sure who your team is, that might explain why you are in the minority.  But yeah keep doing you even though you are 100% wrong.

I don’t need to convince you, I’m perfectly fine watching you be wrong. Also the last time I checked the Gen thread onlya handful voted and the leading vote was no and must don’t think he will be first ballot. 

4 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I don’t need to convince you, I’m perfectly fine watching you be wrong. Also the last time I checked the Gen thread onlya handful voted and the leading vote was no and must don’t think he will be first ballot. 

I never said first ballot. I promise you, you are 100% wrong and i dont even take pride in being right. It is a no brainer. But some peoples niche is being a contrarian, i get it fam. Do you. 

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

I never said first ballot. I promise you, you are 100% wrong and i dont even take pride in being right. It is a no brainer. But some peoples niche is being a contrarian, i get it fam. Do you. 

I can’t take you seriously. Sorry you’re the most blatant homer on this site and shouldn’t cry when you get called out for it. It’s frankely pathetic and you have virtually zero standards for the HOF. 

Dont complain that you got called out for being ignorant and shifting goal posts to make a fluffed up case for your guy

24 minutes ago, Pugger said:

No, being related to Peyton Manning shouldn't be a reason for Eli to enter the HOF.   He and every other player should get in on his merits alone.   The real question is does Eli have the stats to be considered for this honor?   His 2 rings might be all he needs.  But to suggest a player get in because of his brother's accomplishments should not be a qualifier to be enshrined.

I don't think he's saying he likes it that way, just that it is that way. And you know...of course it is.

Playing in NY and being a Manning shouldn't boost his HoF chances, but they obviously do.

13 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I can’t take you seriously. Sorry you’re the most blatant homer on this site and shouldn’t cry when you get called out for it. It’s frankely pathetic and you have virtually zero standards for the HOF. 

Dont complain that you got called out for being ignorant and shifting goal posts to make a fluffed up case for your guy

You were the one who continued changing the goal post and your standards for the HOF are rather pathetic and i promise you no one that is a voter shares your hyperbole-laced stance of 1 season can make a HOFer.  I'm guessing you go on emotional tangents all the time calling whoever disagrees with you "the biggest homer" so i wont hold that against you.

Show me 1 media outlet.... any, where alot of these voters work, that shares your sentiment after 2018 that Rivers has no shot. That is such a horrible take. Sorry just is guy. HOF is made on the merrit of a career, not a season. Spoiler alert, i know.

Just show me one media outlet that says after the 2018 season Rivers is no shot HOFer like you. Shouldn't be tough since you speak for the voters.

Edited by Bearerofnews

11 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

You were the one who continued changing the goal post and your standards for the HOF are rather pathetic and i promise you no one that is a voter shares your hyperbole-laced stance of 1 season can make a HOFer.  I'm guessing you go on emotional tangents all the time calling whoever disagrees with you "the biggest homer" so i wont hold that against you.

Show me 1 media outlet.... any, where alot of these voters work, that shares your sentiment after 2018 that Rivers has no shot. That is such a horrible take. Sorry just is guy. HOF is made on the merrit of a career, not a season. Spoiler alert, i know.

Just show me one media outlet that says after the 2018 season Rivers is no shot HOFer like you. Shouldn't be tough since you speak for the voters.

I literally made the same argument over and over again. Show me one QB in the HOF without one of the 3 things I said 

5 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I literally made the same argument over and over again. Show me one QB in the HOF without one of the 3 things I said 

Ok and show me 1 QB all time with Rivers resume who isnt in the HOF. You keep bringing up era and contemporaries. But from a statistical standpoint, he is right there with the best of his era. Where the hypotheticals you keep throwing out are not.