NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

4 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

What a stupid comment. How many times have we seen people just blow up their Jr/Sr year and get a ton of hype? Especially at the QB position where people are overdrafted year in and year out. You have no clue just as much as the person you quoted so don't act like you do.

tenor.gif?itemid=5500924

Just now, Danger said:

Fromm certainly has his shortcomings, he doesn't have the strongest of arms I know.

My comment still holds true though. He can also develop arm strength as well as that's been proven over time. Will it be this year? Will it be in 3 years? We don't know. I'm not saying Fromm is a good, top 5 prospect. I'm saying the comment that we can pretend we know someone won't blow up (and in this case, someone who is a good QB prospect) over the course of their Sr year and become a top pick. Who knew Mayfield would go first overall at this time in 2017? What about Murray this year? That's all I'm saying.

53 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

The Redskins do dumb things consistently.

I like it.... Snyder can push all his chips in, trade with the Raiders to take Haskins. Then he'll fire Gruden when it fails and the Jon can pick up the spare parts on his brothers staff, mainly Callahan and maybe Jay himself.

2 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

My comment still holds true though. He can also develop arm strength as well as that's been proven over time. Will it be this year? Will it be in 3 years? We don't know. I'm not saying Fromm is a good, top 5 prospect. I'm saying the comment that we can pretend we know someone won't blow up (and in this case, someone who is a good QB prospect) over the course of their Sr year and become a top pick. Who knew Mayfield would go first overall at this time in 2017? What about Murray this year? That's all I'm saying.

Honestly haven't been able to see enough of Fromm to develop my own opinion of him, but from what I've heard about him he sounds like he's likely a mid 1st - early 2nd, In next years class probably closer to the latter.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yes yes we all know you're going to defend your boy til the cows come home.

What do you expect from a first year starter who hasn't seen live action in so long? One thing you can't deny is that he progressed (a lot) over the course of the year and got a lot better. Dude is as raw of a prospect as you can find. He has everything you need to be a successful NFL QB but he needs time to sit. I personally have him as an early 2nd guy but if he came back for his Sr year and continued to progress, he'd be first overall talent.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Honestly haven't been able to see enough of Fromm to develop my own opinion of him, but from what I've heard about him he sounds like he's likely a mid 1st - early 2nd, In next years class probably closer to the latter.

I don't disagree at all. BUT, as we see this year and many other, QBs get overdrafted like a mofo. If he shows progression and greater arm strength (and I don't even think it's terrible), he could be contention for that top 5 pick. I personally don't know, no one does. We'll see how this year plays out first. He's a good QB prospect right now so it's certainly not out of the realm of possibilities.

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

I don't disagree at all. BUT, as we see this year and many other, QBs get overdrafted like a mofo. If he shows progression and greater arm strength (and I don't even think it's terrible), he could be contention for that top 5 pick. I personally don't know, no one does. We'll see how this year plays out first. He's a good QB prospect right now so it's certainly not out of the realm of possibilities.

Right now I got. 

1. Herbert
2. Tua
3. Fromm
4. Eason
5. Costello

But I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Eason or Costello jump as high as #2.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Right now I got. 

1. Herbert
2. Tua
3. Fromm
4. Eason
5. Costello

But I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Eason or Costello jump as high as #2.

I kinda think Tua isn't a very good prospect at this time but don't disagree w/ your list. I think Eason will be the top guy when all said and done BTW. Still though, I think you agree, saying the 3rd best QB (right now) could never be a top 5 pick is a stupid comment lol

Archived