What Would Robbie Gould Cost Us?

soulman

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

The guys on The Score repeatedly talk about how it was Fox’s ST coordinator Jeff Rodgers who lobbied against keeping him. 

Fox and Rodgers both claimed they couldn't trust him but Fox was HC.  In the end he has to take the hit for convincing Pace to dump him something I don't believe would happen today now that he's completely in charge.  I also believe there were other factors involved but I'm not goin' there.  It's in the past.

45 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

2 1st round picks. That is what it will cost.

And not a price we or anyone else would pay.

SF has all the leverage and even if Robbie forced them to tag him for a year we still have to move on with another PK.

I'm not even gonna speculate on it any longer.

2 hours ago, Pool said:

What would happen if Gould told SF that he'd retire if they tagged him? I mean that's what I'd be doing if I was him and knew I could come to da Bears. :)

I suspect his agent may get a pretty heavy sanction from the league and certainly would burn his credibility in the eyes of the league. 

Even if he retired SF would still hold his rights.  You can't retire from one team and unretire with another without team #1 either trading or releasing their rights.  If the NFL didn't restrict movement that way we'd see a whole of guys doing it.

11 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Gould was franchised today. Close thread.

SF has so much cap space.  Seems weird because they signed their QB. 

Still they have a lot of holes at big positions and two big positions CB and LT are manned by aging players that could retire at any moment in Staley and Sherman.

16 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Lets all pivot from "Robbie Gould could come back if SF doesn't tag him!" to "Robbie Gould could hold out until SF trades him for nothing and he signs with Bears for nothing!"

I'm too sober to buy it.....but hold that thought.  xD

Archived