O...B...J... IS A CLEVELAND BROWN

Horseunit

I'm pretty meh about the whole idea.  I just don't really think WR is important enough to warrant investing all this money in Jarvis and Odell.  I'm not super cap savvy to know how much this will handicap our ability to keep Baker, Ward, and Garrett around down the road.  Those are really the only 3 guys I view as indispensible.  But on top of that I think the case can be made we need to keep Larry O, Peppers, and Randall.  Doesn't this make it likely we will part with Landry within the next season or 2?  How much of a factor is he in keeping Odell content while he's here?  Also trading these draft resources away has shades of Browns 2007 to me.

The last few Super Bowl winners best receivers were Edelman/Gronk, Jefferies?, Demarious Thomas, Harvin/Baldwin?, Boldin...etc. 

All good players, and OBJ is going to make us a lot more dangerous on offense, but I worry it will shorten our window a bit.  I'd prioritize a lot of other positions before that for sure on the chance that we don't live up to expectations because of other weaknesses and an inability to address them.

Edited by Rod Johnson
  • Like 1

What's insane to me. If you really look at the big picture.  The 2 teams that are really going in the up direction are the Chiefs and the Browns. Both built by Dorsey. Coincidence? 

So....in saying this, do you trust Dorsey if they get OBJ? And if it entailed our 1st Rd pick this year, are you okay with it?

• Like 2

If the Browns Land OBJ, the browns might have the best group of skill players in the NFL

tWRs: OBJ Landry Higgins

RBs: Chubb Hunt Duke

TE: Njoku

OBJ and Landry would be the best 1-2 punch at WR since the Brown and Juju are no longer a duo. Chubb Hunt Duke would be the best trio or Chubb and Hunt would be the best duo if they trade. Njoku isn’t a top tier TE but would play off the rest of those skills guys 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

He’s most of the reason he’d even want to be here. Makes no sense.

But neither does keeping both of them.  For a season we probably have to, but...

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/jarvis-landry-14473/

According to this, after next season it would be logical to let him go.  That is very likely to happen whether we have OBJ or not.  So if it is that important for OBJ that he's here then we seem pretty screwed.

5 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

But neither does keeping both of them.  For a season we probably have to, but...

According to this, after next season it would be logical to let him go.  That is very likely to happen whether we have OBJ or not.  So if it is that important for OBJ that he's here then we seem pretty screwed.

Being that Landrys guaranteed money goes down from $4.5 to $1.5  mil over the next 3 years....it's easier to let him go or restructure his contract. O feel if they choose to restructure, Njoku, Perriman and Calloway will not get resigned over the next 2 years.

16 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

With what new contracts for receivers will be next off-season, I think we can carry both for at least two more years, maybe even the life of the contract if one or both try to make it work to keep both.

26 minutes ago, dawgpound1816 said:

If the Browns get OBJ, who wins the most?

Landry

Njoku 

RBs

Defense

Baker

Everyone wins but the rest of the NFL will take the L. Prolly Landry will win the most cause he will thrive as a legit #2