Would you make this trade? Packers and Steelers

jleisher

Good Morning, just wondering if this would work or not.  If my Packers offered the Steelers pick #44 for AB, would you make that trade?  Now, let's take this a step farther.  Let's say the Packers offer pick #12 (1200pts) to the Steelers for pick #20 (850pts) and AB would you make that trade?  That's putting AB value as pick #55.  Pick #12 might give you a better shot at Devin White.

47 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Good Morning, just wondering if this would work or not.  If my Packers offered the Steelers pick #44 for AB, would you make that trade?  Now, let's take this a step farther.  Let's say the Packers offer pick #12 (1200pts) to the Steelers for pick #20 (850pts) and AB would you make that trade?  That's putting AB value as pick #55.  Pick #12 might give you a better shot at Devin White.

I would only do the 2nd one if White is still on the board.  Otherwise it is a waste to move up.

8 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I would only do the 2nd one if White is still on the board.  Otherwise it is a waste to move up.

If he was on the board, I wouldnt be shocked if we moved up, got us all excited, and then reached on a 3rd round OG.    

21 minutes ago, August4th said:

being a Pittsburgh Pirates fan has prepared me for a trade where we get little back.

A move up to 1.12 with Brown puts AB's value at around a 2nd round pick.  In the end, the Steelers should look for 1st round value which might not be a 1st round pick.

Few things to unpack here:

1 - Comparing Brown's value to what pick it would be is a load of crock.  His value is higher than that pick because on the field you know what you are getting.  Unlike the pick who (slim chance) could be better or (great chance) could be worse than what you are using to 'value' Brown as.

2 - I think he isn't going to be part of a small deal.  I honestly think it's going to be a bigger deal.  Like Brown + 2nd/3rd for 1st + Player.  From the Steelers POV the FO can say they got a first for Brown.  From a personnel standpoint, they could see it as a 2 for 1 replacement when it comes to Brown.

3 - There's growing reports that they might not even trade him, because of the way that he is dictating where he wants to be.

4 - There's also a growing odds that the trade partner might be Arizona and it might be a deal that blindsides everyone.  I don't know what that means, but it's a big deal.

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Few things to unpack here:

1 - Comparing Brown's value to what pick it would be is a load of crock.  His value is higher than that pick because on the field you know what you are getting.  Unlike the pick who (slim chance) could be better or (great chance) could be worse than what you are using to 'value' Brown as.

2 - I think he isn't going to be part of a small deal.  I honestly think it's going to be a bigger deal.  Like Brown + 2nd/3rd for 1st + Player.  From the Steelers POV the FO can say they got a first for Brown.  From a personnel standpoint, they could see it as a 2 for 1 replacement when it comes to Brown.

3 - There's growing reports that they might not even trade him, because of the way that he is dictating where he wants to be.

4 - There's also a growing odds that the trade partner might be Arizona and it might be a deal that blindsides everyone.  I don't know what that means, but it's a big deal.

I want it to be Zona so bad because I think that means PP is on his way here, but if a meeting with AR2 goes even remotely well i could see them moving  him to a team that he would have on his short list and the  cards are not one of those teams.

I also agree it will be multiple pieces on both sides of the deal when all is said and done. IF Rooney can get close to the value he wants here and with a bell deal that could be a boost of young talent to the roster. I know most are doom and gloom predictors here, but i want to wait and see this play out 1st.

Lemme explain this to you. Amari Cooper - nice player  - nothing special - just went for a 1st rd pick with possibility of being top 5 if you get lucky. Now AB and Amari Cooper are kind of different players. Antonio Brown starts with a 1st. 

21 minutes ago, Money said:

Lemme explain this to you. Amari Cooper - nice player  - nothing special - just went for a 1st rd pick with possibility of being top 5 if you get lucky. Now AB and Amari Cooper are kind of different players. Antonio Brown starts with a 1st. 

Ideally, yes.  But if the highest offer is a 2nd, you take it and move on.  There's just no way you can keep him on this team.  If its anything less than a top 5 pick in the third, keep him on the team and suspend him till further notice.

Archived