The Zim-Zam Flim-Flam: All Things Zimmer

Heimdallr

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I don't think anyone has even considered comparing those two at this point.

I was referencing the post above mine that puts Zimmer in the same category as Bud Grant when it isn't comparable at all.

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It's a closer comparison between Zimmer and Denny...and I actually think I'd put Zimmer ahead of him by a nose.  

I completely agree.

Just now, Cearbhall said:

I was referencing the post above mine that puts Zimmer in the same category as Bud Grant when it isn't comparable at all.

Okay, I guess I should have read it.  :D

It would definitely take a Super Bowl win to put Zimmer in the conversation with Bud (not even just 1 appearance I think would be enough).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, vikings209 said:

If we lose and Zimmer gets fired who would be his replacement?

I imagine most people would be clamoring for Stefanski, although I wouldn't be comfortable with that at all.   I honestly look out at the marketplace for head coaches and there isn't a single one of them that I like better than what we have now.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The only coach I would want to replace Zimmer with is Stefanski. I’m not interested in replacing Zimmer with someone who’d start over from scratch.

That is personally why I'm not interested in replacing Zimmer now.  I don't think Stefanski is really ready yet, but maybe in a year.  However, if they lose him to another team this offseason, then so be it.  I'll wish him well.  I'm not going to replace Zimmer simply because I'm afraid of losing Stefanski.  If Stefanski is as smart as I think he is, he'll wait for a real good opportunity and not just take a job to take a job.  So, if Cleveland comes calling again, I'd take a hard pass, if I were him.  Same goes for probably Dallas (as I think the expectations would be too high...I think he could handle them, but his personality may be a little too much Garrett-esque for that fanbase).  

• Like 1