The Amazing Race Game Thread

bcb1213

Just now, Nazgul said:

Be your little obnoxious self all you want.

You this wasn't the intention of the game. It was meant to be a fun word-association and you made it not enjoyable for anyone.

I'm not upset. I'm just disappointed.

yeah, they were supposed to be words commonly associated with each other. like a common phrase.

"french bread", "bread pudding", etc

not just "big word" adjective, "big word" noun that nobody says together.

You two can gaslight all you want.  

Malfatron kicked off with a phrase that caused the whole first round to be canceled.

Sorry that you’re upset that one of the challenges rewards genuine knowledge instead of tasks that are largely reliant upon luck, personal knowledge of another player, arbitrarily selecting answers due to a low-chance of success, etc.

tl;dr - get @ me, you nasty fish people.

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

yeah, they were supposed to be words commonly associated with each other. like a common phrase.

"french bread", "bread pudding", etc

not just "big word" adjective, "big word" noun that nobody says together.

They make sense together.  Simplify it, and insert a word accordingly.  Or keep whining because you two are dunces.

4 minutes ago, SwAg said:

You two can gaslight all you want.  

Malfatron kicked off with a phrase that caused the whole first round to be canceled.

Sorry that you’re upset that one of the challenges rewards genuine knowledge instead of tasks that are largely reliant upon luck, personal knowledge of another player, arbitrarily selecting answers due to a low-chance of success, etc.

tl;dr - get @ me, you nasty fish people.

Woz started off the round with his own small peepee word. How about we play the game the way it was meant to be played instead of playing into your obvious masculinity and general awesomeness that you clearly possess.

55 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

At 4 PM Eastern the time limit will be reduced to 30 minutes 

@Malfatron  @Nazgul  @Woz  @gopherwrestler  @SwAg  @Ragnarok  @Whicker  @Counselor  @Dwight_Schrute  @Pickle Rick  @The Orca

Clarification: is that the next round that starts after 4PM, or if a round starts at 3:45PM, it then ends at 4:15 and not 4:30?

Just now, Malfatron said:

in before swag complains that it should be iconclastic instead of iconoclast

(Well, it’s literally changing a word.  I understand you want arbitrary tyranny that you can exploit instead of some semblance of consistency or predictability, but I prefer rules be followed—otherwise they are pointless.)

Just now, Nazgul said:

Woz started off the round with his own small peepee word. How about we play the game the way it was meant to be played instead of playing into your obvious masculinity and general awesomeness that you clearly possess.

Like I said, it wasn't hard to get out from under my word. I've said the phrase in my head many times when doing piano etudes (as in "etudes suck").

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

I don’t know if that makes sense, but you’re not Malfatron, so I’m not going to pursue it.

Just now, SwAg said:

(Well, it’s literally changing a word.  I understand you want arbitrary tyranny that you can exploit instead of some semblance of consistency or predictability, but I prefer rules be followed—otherwise they are pointless.)

Out of curiosity, how do you square that circle?

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

Your teachers must have loved you.

Just now, Nazgul said:

Not everyone is Mozart.

Liszt, not Mozart. Dude had a genetic abnormality that allowed the tendons in his hand to keep stretching to ridiculous levels.