Rumor: Wilson to the Giants

Kiwibrown

15 minutes ago, Gmen said:

I’m glad I can unite Bengals and Browns fans. This is what I do. I create unity. 

It’s easy for you to make the trade as a fan of a different team with no vested interest in either player. And logically you may be making the right choice. It’s much harder for me as a Giants fan since I get to watch Saquon single handedly destroy defenses on a weekly basis. The guy just turned 22 and is the best back in football. Like I said, I’d rather take a chance with a 22 year old Haskins, keep Barkley, and potentially build something special.

Now if the Chiefs come calling with Patrick Mahomes, I love you Saquon but in this case the logical side of me wins.

So you're admitting you're letting your emotional attachments supersede logical thinking and decision making? That method of thinking wouldn't keep you hired for very long if you were a GM.

But hey, you do you. 

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

Right now, no I wouldn’t make that deal because Barkley is the most talented running back I’ve ever seen and is a HOF lock if he stays healthy *knock on wood*. Now, if Wilson was 26 years instead of 30, let’s talk. 

The more I read about and watch Haskins, the more I’m convinced the Giants should just draft him, keep OBJ, and have a top 5 offense for the next 5 years. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2019/02/16/dwayne-haskins-inside-story-shows-giants-could-get-real-gem/amp/

So many options at quarterback. It really hurts the narrative that the Giants screwed themselves over by not drafting the great  Darnold, Allen or Ro... excuse me I just threw up a little in my mouth.  

Just because there are options doesn't mean they are good options. If darnold was in this class he be the #1 pick. Simple as that. If Allen was in this class he prolly be QB1. 

top offense for the next 5 years? I like Haskins but no way in hell he transitions to the NFL that fast. Dude needs to learn how to handle pressure. No pressure and a clean pocket he is amazing but anytime he sees or.feels pressure, he will struggle

6 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

So you're admitting you're letting your emotional attachments supersede logical thinking and decision making? That method of thinking wouldn't keep you hired for very long if you were a GM.

But hey, you do you. 

It’s called the endowment effect

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/endowment-effect-why-people-overvalue-things-2016-4

Don’t pretend you’re above it

20 minutes ago, Gmen said:

It’s called the endowment effect

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/endowment-effect-why-people-overvalue-things-2016-4

Don’t pretend you’re above it

Just because it exists doesn't mean you have to roll over and abide by it. It's a flaw you can consciously triumph if you want to. But it doesn't seem that you want to.

35 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Just because there are options doesn't mean they are good options. If darnold was in this class he be the #1 pick. Simple as that. If Allen was in this class he prolly be QB1. 

top offense for the next 5 years? I like Haskins but no way in hell he transitions to the NFL that fast. Dude needs to learn how to handle pressure. No pressure and a clean pocket he is amazing but anytime he sees or.feels pressure, he will struggle

Given how they played their rookie seasons, I’m glad the Giants aren’t tethered to any of those guys for the next three years.

I’ll take my chances with Haskins. A young quarterback struggles with pressure? Shocking! News at 11. You don’t break records like he did without being supremely talented. And by all accounts he’s intelligent and a top notch character, which we’ve grown accustomed to with Eli. The Giants plan to roll with Eli to start the season. Haskins would play when he’s ready. 

But I’ve been through this at least a dozen times with Browns fans who seem to be seeking me out in every thread and trying to make everything about Barkley and Mayfield. It’s getting tiring. Let it go.

42 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Given how they played their rookie seasons, I’m glad the Giants aren’t tethered to any of those guys for the next three years.

I’ll take my chances with Haskins. A young quarterback struggles with pressure? Shocking! News at 11. You don’t break records like he did without being supremely talented. And by all accounts he’s intelligent and a top notch character, which we’ve grown accustomed to with Eli. The Giants plan to roll with Eli to start the season. Haskins would play when he’s ready. 

But I’ve been through this at least a dozen times with Browns fans who seem to be seeking me out in every thread and trying to make everything about Barkley and Mayfield. It’s getting tiring. Let it go.

Yeah but there is a chance that Haskins might just look like darnold his first year, maybe better and maybe worse. Just saying Haskin is good but not a better prospect compared to Darnold and Allen. 

46 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Didn't you get a warning for coming into our forum and gloating about Saquon? And we need to let it go...got it.

You are incapable of logic and have kind of turned into a joke around these parts. I know you've been around for a long time and maybe I'm thinking of someone else, but I thought you used to post meaningful stuff instead of thumping your chest about the one great player on your team.

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

I hate you.

I put the odds on this around the same as me hitting the Powerball this weekend.

Fun fact: I was at Wisconsin the year Russell Wilson was there. I knew some guys on the football team, but never anyone who hung out with him, he took all remote classes, apparently lived way off campus, and the only time I ever heard of anyone actually seeing him outside the stadium was when he went to the tech store because he was having computer troubles.

So every time Russell Wilson talks about Wisconsin and how great the experience was, he's completely full of crap since he never actually spent any time in Madison.

What I'm trying to say here is that he'd be a great fit for the New York Giants, since they don't spend any time in New York.

16 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Nfl gen then. 

2 1st and a 2nd, including 6 and I would do it if I was the Giants. 

I'd consider it if I was the seahawks and Wilson wanted out 

This is probably where I think the deal would be.  3+ 1sts including #6 is way too much considering he's in the last year of his FA.  I think if Wilson made it known that he would like a trade and that he wasn't planning on resigning that the Seahawks might be willing to work with him to get him to New York for the right price.  I think #6, #38, and 2020 1st round pick would be a good value for him as if he plays out this year, refuses to sign an extension and gets tag, the Giants could still come in and offer him a lot of money forcing the Seahawks to match a contract bigger than they would like or get potentially 2 worse 1sts than the #6 pick as well as missing out on an additional 2nd round pick.  If he had longer on his deal I think the price would be higher though.

12 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It's not happening for a multitude of reasons.  New York would have to offer multiple FRPs (3+) to even get Seattle to the table, and even then it's not likely.  You're getting him at $25.3M this year, and you're probably going to franchise him a couple of times after that so you're probably getting him somewhere around 3 years, $90M which is ironically similar to what Kirk Cousins got from the Vikings.

2 1sts, especially since the #6 pick from this year, as well as a 2nd or so should be all that it takes.  Unless Seattle decides to give him the exclusive Tag after this season to keep him from negotiating, the Giants could potentially offer a deal that Seattle couldn't afford to match and only get 2 1sts, potentially picks that aren't better than the ones this year.  With the hits they've taken from FAs leaving and career ending injuries, they should probably look at blowing it up and getting what they can and then rebuilding around younger players.  Depending on what they could get for Earl Thomas, likely a 2nd rounder I'm guessing, they could potentially have 2 1sts and 2 2nds to work with to rebuild their roster like they had before.

12 hours ago, Gmen said:

6th overall pick + OBJ

gitter done

Trading for OBJ makes no sense for Seattle if they are trading away Wilson unless the #6 pick and their own is to trade up for Haskins, not to mention trading away OBJ for the Giants makes no sense if they are getting Wilson.  Plus I think OBJ would be happy in NY if Wilson was his QB.

On 2/20/2019 at 10:24 PM, N4L said:

Wilson is in the last year of his deal. Didn't realize this. Certainly possible

Doesn't mean crap. Seattle will resign him. Teams do not let franchise QBs, especially on a HOF pace, walk. If they have cap problems, they fix it for their QB.

34 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Fun fact: I was at Wisconsin the year Russell Wilson was there. I knew some guys on the football team, but never anyone who hung out with him, he took all remote classes, apparently lived way off campus, and the only time I ever heard of anyone actually seeing him outside the stadium was when he went to the tech store because he was having computer troubles.

So every time Russell Wilson talks about Wisconsin and how great the experience was, he's completely full of crap since he never actually spent any time in Madison.

What I'm trying to say here is that he'd be a great fit for the New York Giants, since they don't spend any time in New York.

A quick google search tells me the student population at Wisconsin is 43,820. You knew some guys on the football team, but never anyone who hung out with him. Could it be possible that out of 43,820 people you simply didn't know the people that Russell Wilson knows? I mean how much of your time did you devote to finding out information on whereabouts of Russel Wilson?

7 minutes ago, john305 said:

A quick google search tells me the student population at Wisconsin is 43,820. You knew some guys on the football team, but never anyone who hung out with him. Could it be possible that out of 43,820 people you simply didn't know the people that Russell Wilson knows? I mean how much of your time did you devote to finding out information on whereabouts of Russel Wilson?

I'm not sure if you saw my post on Page 1 about Russell Wilson's stupid *** recovery water, but you are taking this way, way too seriously. The entire point of that story was to make fun of the Giants for not just admitting their from New Jersey.

2 hours ago, Gmen said:

I’ll take my chances with Haskins. A young quarterback struggles with pressure? Shocking! News at 11.

So you’re glad not to have a young QB like Darnold/Allen/Rosen because of their rookie seasons, but then go ahead and make a sarcastic remark about how a much worse prospect is expected to have deficiencies on the basis that he’s young? And then go on to say that that so-so prospect, who struggles with pressure, will somehow lead the Giants (without a good offensive coordinator/HC) to a top 5 offense, despite their trash o-line?

Is this another example of that logical fallacy?

1 hour ago, Raves said:

This is probably where I think the deal would be.  3+ 1sts including #6 is way too much considering he's in the last year of his FA.  I think if Wilson made it known that he would like a trade and that he wasn't planning on resigning that the Seahawks might be willing to work with him to get him to New York for the right price.  I think #6, #38, and 2020 1st round pick would be a good value for him as if he plays out this year, refuses to sign an extension and gets tag, the Giants could still come in and offer him a lot of money forcing the Seahawks to match a contract bigger than they would like or get potentially 2 worse 1sts than the #6 pick as well as missing out on an additional 2nd round pick.  If he had longer on his deal I think the price would be higher though.

I wouldn't want future picks because putting Russ on the Giants would mean the pick is likely in the 20s. I'd want 6, OBJ and Saquon. Russ is one of the 5 best qbs in the league that can be tagged and he's in his prime. It would take a king's ransom to consider moving him. 

Archived