Around the league v.1.0

RaidersAreOne

Just now, BayRaider said:

Coopers been great for Dallas, especially today, but hes def not worth 20M. Would definitely laugh if that happened. 

I think you need some perspective on what 20 mill is, it's completely different than what it was 5-6 years ago, and the cap will continue to go up.

Just now, Nodisrespect said:

I think you need some perspective on what 20 mill is, it's completely different than what it was 5-6 years ago, and the cap will continue to go up.

You’re paying him like an Antonio Brown if that happens (and thats with the cap adjusted). Cooper is not on the same stratusphere as Brown. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

You’re paying him like an Antonio Brown if that happens (and thats with the cap adjusted). Cooper is not on the same stratusphere as Brown. 

The numbers since he joined the Cowboys say differently.

What is it with you guys? "Yeah he's playing at an elite level but now you gotta pay him."

Does nobody outside of first ballot HOFers deserve to get paid top tier money? Yall were all about not paying Mack too. I dont get it. You just wanna give away all your top tier talent cuz yoh dont wanna pay them their worth? Crap philosophy.

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Coop is 23 you don't know what Coop ceiling is because he is actually getting thrown the ball now!

2 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

The numbers since he joined the Cowboys say differently.

What is it with you guys? "Yeah he's playing at an elite level but now you gotta pay him."

Does nobody outside of first ballot HOFers deserve to get paid top tier money? Yall were all about not paying Mack too. I dont get it. You just wanna give away all your top tier talent cuz yoh dont wanna pay them their worth? Crap philosophy.

You want Cooper being paid 20M with the way Jon wasn't using him? That's pretty much what you're advocating. I wanted him to be targeted at least half the time, but it wasn't happening. May as well get something for him. Still plenty of games to go but with the info we had at the time I make that deal 100/100 times

Just now, Dodo said:

You want Cooper being paid 20M with the way Jon wasn't using him? That's pretty much what you're advocating. I wanted him to be targeted at least half the time, but it wasn't happening. May as well get something for him. Still plenty of games to go but with the info we had at the time I make that deal 100/100 times

Sadly, this is where a coach would typically get fired for being a moron

16 minutes ago, CerealKiller said:

He wasn't a top 10 receiver with us, he was a good route runner with bad hands that kinda quit on us. So we traded that and a generational defensive player for two late round firsts

Oh I agree he wasn't top ten with us because we didn't throw him the freaking ball. But the ability and talent has always been top ten. 

The cowboys are average at QB and OC, and are a running team. And they have still already established more confidence in Amari in 6 games than we could in 3 years. Its infuriating to see your young talented superstars that you drafted ball out for other teams, but I agree if we weren't going to bother to throw to Cooper - I'm not mad at the trade.

Archived