Packerraymond 2019 Mock Offseason V3

Packerraymond

Really appreciate the effort @Packerraymond. Brandon Graham is a top 5 guy for me this offseason, and I really like Phillips. Love Eifert, don't get White a ton if we are considering a WR in the first 3 picks, but decent value and like you said a camp body.

I'm not a fan of the draft really... I like Jonah, but would really have to see the board at 12 to take him there. I would imagine him being there means the run on ends happened early. Adderly I like but think he will find a home with what Budda Baker is doing, playing some safety and nickel. I would prefer if we are drafting a safety for one who is a bit more pure safety. Love Deebo Samuel, would love him at 44. Jelks is a good pick. Past that I don't really know the players.

I guess this would just be kinda a meh offseason for me. 

3 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Really appreciate the effort @Packerraymond. Brandon Graham is a top 5 guy for me this offseason, and I really like Phillips. Love Eifert, don't get White a ton if we are considering a WR in the first 3 picks, but decent value and like you said a camp body.

I'm not a fan of the draft really... I like Jonah, but would really have to see the board at 12 to take him there. I would imagine him being there means the run on ends happened early. Adderly I like but think he will find a home with what Budda Baker is doing, playing some safety and nickel. I would prefer if we are drafting a safety for one who is a bit more pure safety. Love Deebo Samuel, would love him at 44. Jelks is a good pick. Past that I don't really know the players.

I guess this would just be kinda a meh offseason for me. 

If there's one pure-CF type safety in this class it's Adderly.

I like it, very nice work.  I like the scenario you used, always good to look at the what ifs.  We all know, that boards don't always fall the way that we want them to, so we might not get that stud Edge in round #1.  Really like it when we use different scenarios.

23 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

At 31 coming off a 4 sack year? Im not buying it. 

I do.  Vinny Curry coming off his age 29 season with 3 sack season just got 3 years, $23M last offseason.  The previous 3 seasons Curry had a combined 9 sacks.  The previous 3 seasons, Graham had 21.5 sacks.  Graham should pretty easily beat what Vinny Curry got.

56 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I do.  Vinny Curry coming off his age 29 season with 3 sack season just got 3 years, $23M last offseason.  The previous 3 seasons Curry had a combined 9 sacks.  The previous 3 seasons, Graham had 21.5 sacks.  Graham should pretty easily beat what Vinny Curry got.

While us may seem small, the difference between age 29 to 31 is pretty significant. And I think it’s obvious that Curry deal was crap and no one wants to repeate anything like it. 

18 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

While us may seem small, the difference between age 29 to 31 is pretty significant. And I think it’s obvious that Curry deal was crap and no one wants to repeate anything like it. 

Trent Murphy got $7.5M/year coming off a torn ACL, the year before Jabaal Sheard got $8.5M coming off a 5 sack season, etc.  Teams are desperate for pass rushers.  There's never enough.  He'll get his money.  3 years, $30M should be his floor.

32 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Trent Murphy got $7.5M/year coming off a torn ACL, the year before Jabaal Sheard got $8.5M coming off a 5 sack season, etc.  Teams are desperate for pass rushers.  There's never enough.  He'll get his money.  3 years, $30M should be his floor.

If Graham wants to go to a bad team, he's got a shot at that, the Curry deal was bad from day 1, the Bucs are bad, that's why. No winning franchise is paying him until his age 34 season, nor are they going over 10m per.

53 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And they were 27 & 28. 

13 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

If Graham wants to go to a bad team, he's got a shot at that, the Curry deal was bad from day 1, the Bucs are bad, that's why. No winning franchise is paying him until his age 34 season, nor are they going over 10m per.

There aren't 31 smart teams, and 1 dumb team.  Quality pass rushers don't come available often, and when they do they tend to get overpaid.

4 minutes ago, SaginawReunion83 said:

I know the Senior Bowl can only have so much weight on a person's abilities, however didn't Adderly struggle almost every day?

He's a CF-type of safety whose going to struggle in man-coverage.  What did he do most of the Senior Bowl?  Play man coverage.

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's a CF-type of safety whose going to struggle in man-coverage.  What did he do most of the Senior Bowl?  Play man coverage.

Very good point. Where would you compare him to Gardner-Johnson? Gardner-Johnson has the ability to play deep center, maybe not as well Adderly. He does have good man coverage skills as well to be able to match up in the slot.

Archived