Lebron's legacy !!! ??? !!!

resilient part 2

8 hours ago, MossyMoss said:

The thing I don't like the most when he called himself the GOAT. 

That imo puts a huge dent in his legacy. 

Future LeBron congratulating past LeBron on getting to 30,000 points was like watching a circlejerk where everyone involved sucks their own ****.

16 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Future LeBron congratulating past LeBron on getting to 30,000 points 

I legit rolled my eyes, LOL'd, and then immediately thought of this:

giphy.gif

I think LeBron legitimately thinks he's a humble guy.

He's really weird for sure. I mean I definitely prefer however the hell his ego operates to guys like Kobe and Westbrook because those guys' egos actually ruin basketball games, but those guys are less annoying off the courts and more traditional in trying to prove they're the best on the court. LeBron is this fake humble, positive role model weirdo guy who will mention how he has a very high basketball IQ and give defensive answers to Jordan comparisons.

8 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

I think LeBron legitimately thinks he's a humble guy.

He's really weird for sure. I mean I definitely prefer however the hell his ego operates to guys like Kobe and Westbrook because those guys' egos actually ruin basketball games, but those guys are less annoying off the courts and more traditional in trying to prove they're the best on the court. LeBron is this fake humble, positive role model weirdo guy who will mention how he has a very high basketball IQ and give defensive answers to Jordan comparisons.

Well, he's definitely a legit positive role model.  Maybe the best role model in the history of sports.  I agree with everything else, though.  LeBron is not an idiot, he knows what everything he says means.  The 'protocol' for most people when asked who the best ever is (that are actually in the conversation themselves) is to not say yourself.  If you listen to Jordan, who is universally regarded as the best ever, he won't say that he is.  Kobe won't say that he is.  But LeBron will purposely record himself claiming he's the best and go in-depth as to why he thinks that.

It's not only that.  It's the fact that he won't allow any actual basketball coach to coach any team he's plays on.  All he wants to do is have a figurehead coach and he wants to run the show.  That's exactly why Ty Lue is being considered for the Lakers job.

Also, don't put Kobe and Westbrook together.  I get the point, but Kobe got it done - Westbrook can't get out of his own way in the postseason.

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

Well, he's definitely a legit positive role model.  Maybe the best role model in the history of sports.  I agree with everything else, though.  LeBron is not an idiot, he knows what everything he says means.  The 'protocol' for most people when asked who the best ever is (that are actually in the conversation themselves) is to not say yourself.  If you listen to Jordan, who is universally regarded as the best ever, he won't say that he is.  Kobe won't say that he is.  But LeBron will purposely record himself claiming he's the best and go in-depth as to why he thinks that.

It's not only that.  It's the fact that he won't allow any actual basketball coach to coach any team he's plays on.  All he wants to do is have a figurehead coach and he wants to run the show.  That's exactly why Ty Lue is being considered for the Lakers job.

Also, don't put Kobe and Westbrook together.  I get the point, but Kobe got it done - Westbrook can't get out of his own way in the postseason.

Kobe was way more surgical in how he operated. Russ is just 100 mph 24/7. But I guess in terms of their tunnel vision mental approach of I’m going to take all the shots and win the game, they’re not that different 

Just now, showtime said:

Yea, I don't mean to say he's a bad role model, but the things we both agree on, and the stuff you mentioned about how he operates teams, takes away from that. Other than that, for a guy who was a national superstar when he was a teen and a global one not long after, I don't think anyone has handled it better.

As far as Kobe and Westbrook, I just mentioned them because of the obvious ego issues. I respect Kobe despite all that, Westbrook I respect less because he's a worse player on a bigger more out of control ego trip.

1 minute ago, amac said:

Kobe was way more surgical in how he operated. Russ is just 100 mph 24/7 

After Kobe got his arse beat the two or three years after Shaq left, he started to wise up.  He demanded a trade and the team got Pau Gasol.  I think it was 2009.... can't remember.  But Kobe started playing more team oriented basketball.  He still had some poor non-efficient games, but he became more of a willing passer because that's what it took to win.

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

Well, he's definitely a legit positive role model.  Maybe the best role model in the history of sports.

This is 99.9% of it. The fact that he hires puppet coaches and sniffs his own farts on social media from time to time doesn't matter at all, which is why we make fun of it.

His actual legacy is going to be that he parlayed being one of the best basketball players in the world into being a philanthropic billionaire with a squeaky clean personal life and an inspiration to the African American community. But it's more fun to say SHEESH.

Archived