BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

2 hours ago, MD4L said:

I can support something like this but I would prefer it not implemented immediately. 

I disagree. I feel like a test run of the draft style and trades is necessary before we can know anything

I really don't see the opposition to this. If the test run goes badly then we reconsider. I think y'all are afraid of monsters under the bed if you think something league changing is going to happen. No one is going to get drunk and trade Mahomes for a couple of PFA picks. And if someone sheds a bad contract then oh no how can we ever recover?

I think that keeping all rounds the same in terms of timing is a good idea for this year.

But, I really do think that treating PFA as essentially 'draft part deux' where we 1. make picks in order, not a block and 2. can trade those picks will make the entire process much more enjoyable for everyone.

Plus, those are minimal changes that we can revisit this summer to see if we like it.  

23 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I really don't see the opposition to this. If the test run goes badly then we reconsider. I think y'all are afraid of monsters under the bed if you think something league changing is going to happen. No one is going to get drunk and trade Mahomes for a couple of PFA picks. And if someone sheds a bad contract then oh no how can we ever recover?

You really can't accuse me of that given the amount of proposals I made during this meeting.

I just think trading PFA picks is not natural. I don't think it would be a terrible thing, but I just don't believe it's suppose to work that way.

Just now, TedLavie said:

You really can't accuse me of that given the amount of proposals I made during this meeting.

I just think trading PFA picks is not natural. I don't think it would be a terrible thing, but I just don't believe it's suppose to work that way.

My point is that I think we get rid of the 'PFA' mindset and just treat it is 'draft part deux'.  

Just now, Ragnarok said:

My point is that I think we get rid of the 'PFA' mindset and just treat it is 'draft part deux'.  

Yes I get that. Am I allowed to not want it though?

I just like PFA and I like having picks that you can't speculate on.

Archived