BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

The Cons against the reduced season for me are what will we do for that extra month or more of time.

I'm going to be for a Hard point of the new BDL season starting after the Superbowl next year like it always had before. We have short rests built in for a reason to give breathers to people. 

So in that case December and January would now be dead months. The only reason we jumped the gun this year and started in early January was because Mike wanted to get the spreadsheet sorted out so he could work on TCMD.

With Better pacing and Co Owners you can split the duties of a full BDL season with ease. The old guard has been doing this for 7-8 years. I know I set a schedule for BDL planning and voting and stick to it. Doings playoff level game plans each week will burn anyone out.

8 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I don't think I like the reduced season.

I do wish we could do 2 non-3 Up extensions a year.  

You mean like 5th year options and RFA's plus a ton of ERFA's.

Teams keep almost everyone they want to keep now.

Most people last year didn't even use all of their 3 ups. (5 teams) almost half the league (7) only used 1 or less.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GlYgctgEUSbuIx2QLm4C7cxkrbK7DxEEGoSTRH6agfA/edit#gid=217338194

4 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

The Cons against the reduced season for me are what will we do for that extra month or more of time.

I'm going to be for a Hard point of the new BDL season starting after the Superbowl next year like it always had before. We have short rests built in for a reason to give breathers to people. 

So in that case December and January would now be dead months. The only reason we jumped the gun this year and started in early January was because Mike wanted to get the spreadsheet sorted out so he could work on TCMD.

With Better pacing and Co Owners you can split the duties of a full BDL season with ease. The old guard has been doing this for 7-8 years. I know I set a schedule for BDL planning and voting and stick to it. Doings playoff level game plans each week will burn anyone out.

Well Rags doesn't have to worry about weeks 16/17 very often, does he?

But seriously though, I remember having to turn my Bizz Bowl gameplan vs Jlash late because I was out for Xmas holidays between Wed and Sunday, and on Wednesday, I had like 6 out of 7 CBs questionnable, which made it impossible to gameplan

Just now, TedLavie said:

But seriously though, I remember having to turn my Bizz Bowl gameplan vs Jlash late because I was out for Xmas holidays between Wed and Sunday, and on Wednesday, I had like 6 out of 7 CBs questionnable, which made it impossible to gameplan

And we've added postseason waivers since then to address things like that. I think the higher salary cap will result in more trade deadline deals as well.

Me I'd be fine cutting weeks 16 and 17. Obviously I'm not American so I don't really have an issue with Thanksgiving. For me the big issue, in terms of owners times and player availability is the end of the year

I personally hate giving up either part of my holiday with family to focus on injuries, waivers, game planning, last second inactives while also on the road.  And the excise that you can turn it in early is like playing with one arm behind your back.

I'm a hell no on reduced scheduele for scheduling nightmare reasons 

All divisions have a completely balanced scheduele as it currently stands.  Every team in your division plays a the same scheduele as you do. Getting rid of weeks really messes with that.  It's one of the really awesome fairness features we'll lose by dropping games 

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I'm a hell no on reduced scheduele for scheduling nightmare reasons 

All divisions have a completely balanced scheduele as it currently stands.  Every team in your division plays a the same scheduele as you do. Getting rid of weeks really messes with that.  It's one of the really awesome fairness features we'll lose by dropping games 

This ^^^

We should absolutely reduce the season. I feel very strongly about this. 

The first playoff week should go first and we go down to 4 playoff teams. I wouldn't mind starting week 2 and getting a bye during Thanksgiving as well. 

Arguments later tonight 

Archived