BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

4 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:50 PM, TedLavie said:

Detailed idea 

1. Reduce to 12 games, start in preseason week 4 (no w17, no Thanksgiving, no Christmas)

2. Reduce to 12 games, start week 1 (no thanksgiving, no w17)

3. Stick with 14 games, start in preseason week 4 (no Thanksgiving)

4. Stick with 14 games start in preseason week 3 (no Thanksgiving no w17)

5. No change

Argument for : Would avoid all week 17 controversies (players who are helthy scratches ...), and would allow by weeks for Thanksgiving and Christmas

Applicable on: 2019

Prop 1 (0) -

Prop 2 (3) - Ted, hockey, pheltz

Prop 3 (6) - Rags, Lukic, Counselor, Ruskie, bcb, wwhicock

Prop 4 (5) - PR, Xmad, BDP, Whicker, SirA

Prop 5 (1) - Jlash

Kinda dumb if you ask me. 3 and 4 both have the same issue with preseason games and player eligibility that Week 17 has. Realistically it should just be removed altogether so there's no guesswork. @SirA1 was on 2, @Jlash has openly said 3 and 4 are his worst options. I think if push comes to shove the vote should be between 2 and 3.

@TedLavie 2 vs 3?

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

I was always on Prop 1 before moving to Prop 4 because Prop 1 was my proposal.

You'll get enough of play in P3 games to use for P3 and P4 IMO. I'd rather have uncertainty early in the season versus controversy again for the championship game. 

Or we could do Prop 2 and have no uncertainty at all... :ph34r::ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I know its better to have uncertainty in Game 1/2 of the season than in the Bizz Bowl but there's a TON of guesswork being done for not only rosters/starting spots but also how players will perform in these spots, potentially with a new team, potentially in a new position.

Essentially it will force people to go solely on name recognition and previous history for the first week or two rather than actual fit and performance.

Week 17 is only one game. The first two weeks are especially important considering buy/sell market, etc.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Week 17 is only one game. The first two weeks are especially important considering buy/sell market, etc.

Week 17 literally decides the champion. That said I agree with you on the importance and would rather not rely on guesswork.

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

Week 17 literally decides the champion. That said I agree with you on the importance and would rather not rely on guesswork.

Some of the week 17 injuries to me are dumb. I feel bad bc the injuries for week 17 are pretty simple to me. Unfortunately, we don’t always get cohesion from fellow guys in that area.

That being said deciding injuries in one game is better than doing so for 7 other opponents. Imo, it’s better deciding how to make the playoffs a 20-25 voting event rather than the 8-10 votes that occur for the final 2 weeks in the playoffs.

28 minutes ago, BringinDaPain said:

Prop 2 - Yes

24 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I'm fine with that as well.

@TedLavie Prop 2 is now my vote.

16 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I meant prop 2. I'm not thinking clearly

Makes it 6-6 between Prop 2 and Prop 3. With revotes needed from MD4L, Xmad, PR, and Jlash.

Archived