Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

16 hours ago, lavar703 said:

You don’t deal Robles for anybody. If Harper leaves you need him. And I’d say there’s about a 90% chance Harper is gone after this season now. 

Wrong. The Nationals have a cost controlled outfield for at least two years. They need a middle infielder, front of the rotation starter, and a catcher.

Everyone is available for trade. Everyone.

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Wrong. The Nationals have a cost controlled outfield for at least two years. They need a middle infielder, front of the rotation starter, and a catcher.

Meh. Turner and Dilfo are fine even if Murphy is gone after this year, which, I think he’ll be re-signed, especially if Bryce is gone. If Bryce is gone, Rizzo is going to make re-signing Murphy a top priority because they can’t afford to lose 2 of their top 3 or 4 bats in one offseason. 

I wouldn’t trade Robles for anything. They’re just going to have to ride this season out with what they have. They’re obviously not interested in trading anything worth value for even a starting pitcher because they didn’t get Cole Hamels. I would think they could’ve gotten him if they were willing to trade a Robles type prospect.

Edited by turtle28

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Meh. Turner and Dilfo are fine even if Murphy is gone after this year, which, I think he’ll be re-signed, especially if Bryce is gone. If Bryce is gone, Rizzo is going to make re-signing Murphy a top priority because they can’t afford to lose 2 of their top 3 or 4 bats in one offseason. 

I wouldn’t trade Robles for anything. They’re just going to have to ride this season out with what they have. They’re obviously not interested in trading anything worth value for even a starting pitcher because they didn’t get Cole Hamels. I would think they could’ve gotten him if they were willing to trade a Robles type prospect.

I'm not talking about this season. This team is at least two starters away from being competitive next season. One of those might be Joe Ross. 

Hamels is a shell of his former self. You can pitch Milone and get similar results.

Robles has been available before. He was put in for the Sale offer. White Sox wanted Turner instead. 

But between Gio leaving and Strasburg's lack of durability,  this team has to add a front rotation starter if they want to compete.

3 minutes ago, Slateman said:

I'm not talking about this season. This team is at least two starters away from being competitive next season. One of those might be Joe Ross. 

Hamels is a shell of his former self. You can pitch Milone and get similar results.

Robles has been available before. He was put in for the Sale offer. White Sox wanted Turner instead. 

But between Gio leaving and Strasburg's lack of durability,  this team has to add a front rotation starter if they want to compete.

Free agency 

58 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Free agency 

We have Strasburg. Harvey is garbage. Fernandez is dead. Exactly which top of the rotation is available in free agency? Which one is going to be comparable to Synderard, deGrom, Blake Snell, or Chris Archer?

Aaron Judge was hit by a pitch last night and will be out 3 weeks to a month. If the Nationals don’t think they can re-sign Bryce because he’ll bolt to the Yankees, Cubs or somewhere else, now is the time to trade him for something of value from the NYY.

Could be a starting pitcher or a catcher and some prospects.

1 minute ago, Slateman said:

We have Strasburg. Harvey is garbage. Fernandez is dead. Exactly which top of the rotation is available in free agency? Which one is going to be comparable to Synderard, deGrom, Blake Snell, or Chris Archer?

Obviously you know a lot more about baseball and follow it a heck of s lot closer than I do. I have no idea who’s available or anything, it just seemed like a logical answer but, as you’ve correctly displayed it doesn’t appear to be.

3 hours ago, Slateman said:

They need a middle infielder, front of the rotation starter, and a catcher.

They can get by with Difo at second. He's not great, but of the three positions you list, it's third on my priority list. A catcher that can be solid defensively and hit above the Mendoza Line is a bigger problem. Should they let Gio walk this offseason, a lefty starting pitcher is priority 1. Heck lefty pitchers in general. 

I am amused that ESPN.com's depth chart lists Max Scherzer as the backup to Anthony Rendon at third base.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Which one is going to be comparable to Synderard, deGrom, Blake Snell, or Chris Archer?

Umm ... Syndergaard and deGrom might not be on the Mets roster in a few days. Heck, if you want one of them, they're probably available (albeit at a premium since it's an intradivision trade).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Woz said:

Umm ... Syndergaard and deGrom might not be on the Mets roster in a few days. Heck, if you want one of them, they're probably available (albeit at a premium since it's an intradivision trade).

Yes, that's why we're talking about our premium prospect

On 7/27/2018 at 10:12 AM, Slateman said:

I disagree. Dealing Robles would be a mistake in my opinion. You also wanted to deal Robles last year for Iglesias but Doolittle has been pretty damn good and didn’t cost much. Sure as hell didn’t cost us our top prospect. You don’t need to deal away your top prospects especially if you think the team is a sinking ship.