Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

16 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I disagree. Dealing Robles would be a mistake in my opinion. You also wanted to deal Robles last year for Iglesias but Doolittle has been pretty damn good and didn’t cost much. Sure as hell didn’t cost us our top prospect. You don’t need to deal away your top prospects especially if you think the team is a sinking ship. 

I agree with you Lavar, I wouldn’t trade Robles either but Slateman is right in that they’re likely going to.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I agree with you Lavar, I wouldn’t trade Robles either but Slateman is right in that they’re likely going to.

Sigh. Oh well. Realmuto is very good but I hate the idea of parting with Robles and then losing Harper. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I disagree. Dealing Robles would be a mistake in my opinion. You also wanted to deal Robles last year for Iglesias but Doolittle has been pretty damn good and didn’t cost much. Sure as hell didn’t cost us our top prospect. You don’t need to deal away your top prospects especially if you think the team is a sinking ship. 

Rizzo wanted to deal Robles for Sale.

20 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Naw, Rizzo isnt that dumb. He knows this season is lost. 

If the season is lost then it doesn't make sense to trade away your best minor league prospect. You'd make the trade for Realmuto because you think you still have a chance of getting to the postseason. I wouldn't deal Robles because he's the future and it's likely the Nats don't make the postseason especially when Robles could be starting next year if Bryce is gone.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

What does dealing for Sale mean?

There’s a significant difference in dealing for Chris Sale, who is one of the games elite pitchers and dealing for a catcher. It’s not the same thing. 

Edited by lavar703

31 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

There’s a significant difference in dealing for Chris Sale, who is one of the games elite pitchers and dealing for a catcher. It’s not the same thing. 

Oh he’s a pitcher. I thought it was like “For Sale.” Like trading him for cash or something. My bad, I literally am very green on baseball and the players etc except for the Nats and the stars in the league.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

What does dealing for Sale mean?

Chris Sale. Two offseasons ago, Rizzo offered Giolito, Lope, and Robles to the White Sox for Chris Sale. They declined as they wanted a middle infielder over an outfielder.

16 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Dealing for Sale is much different than dealing for Realmuto. 

It's not. Realmuto is now an elite catcher. Hes more rare because of the position he plays. Finding catchers who hit like all star first basemen is incredibly rare. Particularly ones that are young and cheap.

That's why the Marlins are asking so much. They know what they have. They have no rush to move him until next year's deadline.  They're not giving him up for anything less than at least one 60+ grade prospect.